Server time: 2017-08-22, 07:30

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ShadowStar09

What Next-Gen Console would you perfer?

Guest ShadowStar09   
Guest ShadowStar09

From the PS4 Announcement to the XBox One reveal, what would you perfer if you had to choose? Or would you stick to PC instead?

Sky    1

Out of the two reveal events, I felt like Sony's was better. The majority of people focus on the gaming aspect of consoles, and Microsoft didn't show as much of it as Sony did.

However, as E3 is only a few weeks away, I feel like this reveal was deliberately incomplete, like it was the first part of a 2 part event, where they continue on at E3.

I reserve all judgement until after E3. I think we'll have a much better idea of exactly what each console has to offer once that is done.

DORNER    0

I specifically built myself a gaming PC once I knew the next gen consoles were coming out. I dont feel like being locked down to their stupid ways of doing things and spend more than I did building this PC. Then you have to buy games too which it seems the Xbox is going the way of the PC anyways.

Also who the hell wants Kinect turned on 24/7? Thats super creepy. No thanks.

Playstation is just being Playstation. I dont really even pay attention to what Sony has to offer because it's superior graphics capabilities will be held back by the Xbox anyways just like it has been.

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

PC = Costs maybe twice as much as console, but you can do everything you want in 1080p while having 60< fps...

Guest Murphy_Irish   
Guest Murphy_Irish

I think the New ps has better spec's than the new xbox..

Reacher    0

Xbox One is a 3 year old PC. If something amazing doesn't happen soon with this console, I'm probably going to be very reluctant to buy it.

PS4... not interested either. I rarely use the PS3 I have, and just can't be bothered with Sony in general.

I might just keep to PC at this rate.

Sky    1

My draw to consoles has always been for the exclusive titles and the couch co-op. Halo, Gears of War, Metal Gear Solid, Uncharted, Red Dead Redemption, Final Fantasy etc etc. In that short list are some of the best games in existence and I'm as an avid gamer I'm not prepared to miss out on playing them simply because they aren't available on PC.

Beyond that though, the PC has always felt like the superior gaming platform in most regards (not to start a PC vs Console war or anything).

That said, one thing that the 360 has over both PS3 and PC in spades in the achievement system. People simply love to be given objectives and challenges to complete. Even though the points system is arbitrary, its still fun to grind out achievements. Steam's does have its own achievement system, and its 'okay'.

DORNER    0

Steam's does have its own achievement system, and its 'okay'.

Theyre improving that actually :)

TDhWnMN.png

Jukki    1

Pc all the way. Why lag behind in hardware that is 3 years ole when you can enjoy all the games in true 1080p and 60+fps.

I might get xbox 1 when it goes cheaper for halo.

Sky    1

To take this conversation in a completely different direction, I'd like to mention something I heard on a gaming podcast from a few months back when they were discussing the Valve's Steam Box and the possibility of them entering the console market.

One of them suggested an entry strategy for Value to establish themselves in this market:

Imagine steam announced later this year that they plan to release their new console/PC hybrid fall 2014. Later on down the line, they announce a release date for the console, and also announce that it will release with Half Life Episode 3, Left 4 Dead 3 and Portal 3, all as exclusive titles.

Putting aside the fact that PC gamers all over the world would be sad that we can't play those games on PC, could you imagine how incredibly well it would sell? Many, including myself, would buy it in a heartbeat.

DORNER    0

I have a feeling Steambox exclusives would also be Steam exclusives on PC too. It would be incredibly stupid not to.

Sky    1

I think they were talking about a device other than steam box. It was purely a hypothetical discussion of course, but it was just cool to realise that, if they did want to make a console of their own, they'd be able to establish themselves so quickly given the power that the titles they own have.

DORNER    0

I think they were talking about a device other than steam box. It was purely a hypothetical discussion of course, but it was just cool to realise that, if they did want to make a console of their own, they'd be able to establish themselves so quickly given the power that the titles they own have.

I think they would become the top console if they did.

I pretty much built my own steambox pc. I use it as a living room gaming system.

Guest Banshee   
Guest Banshee

Only reason to get either is for the exclusives...which their are none I'm impressed by yet soo... Oh will Destiny be for PC?

Reacher    0

There are more Xbox One specific next-gen games on my list than PS4, so in that regard Xbox wins. That being said, I still want to be dazzled at E3... they owe me that much if they expect my money.

Sky    1

Yep. And especially when we're talking about purchasing at launch. Neither console will be cheap...

Glenn    10

I get the PS4 because i have the 1, 2 and 3 already. so my collection has to be completed. Also i know i will buy the future generations of Sony too.

I do like PlayStation, i got mine now for yearrrs the first edition and it is still working like a rocket. Still it is older but still works.

Al tough i do like some more hard drive space haha.

What i like about the PS4 is:

- The share buton (don't get me wrong) just if i do something epic what happens a lot in my games apparently, now i can share that moment with close friends who i play with etc.

- The touch pat, or i think it does touchie things.

Because of the PS-vita is that pretty cool. Don't really know why yet.

- The controller does look awesome, also that additional light on the back.

- Free internet online game play! FUCK YEAH!

Sky    1

Aesthetically, I'm not a fan of the Dual Shock 4. Not sure why, I just don't dig it. It does look bigger, however, which is a plus. Compared to the Xbox One controller, which is sexy as fuck.

I love the idea of being able to stream your gameplay through the PS3 as you play though. That's a great idea.

Glenn    10

Yeah a controller has to be fit in to your hand perfectly.

The think i don't like about the xbox controller that i can't get on is that the joysticks are in the top and one down by your right tum haha.

Guest Marcus Williams   
Guest Marcus Williams

The Xbox one doesn't sound interesting to me at all atm. I'll most likely stick to PC for a while :D