Server time: 2019-03-22, 03:02 WE ARE RECRUITING
Roland

Amnesty

4 hours ago, Samaritan said:

Surely it's more about access back into the community rather than the game? I could be wrong of course.

on the surface it is, but it is categorically making people pay money for the chance to play on the server, the forum is the middle man.

The issue is that bohemia have shut down communities that use payments to access servers before many times, and all it takes is one banned player to be denied amnesty or rebanned and then report it to BIS.

On the surface it seems like a good idea. Fool proof too.
However, if what Stevonny (Yes i watch steven universe, lol) above me says is true, than that's definitely something worth considering.

Edited by Red

1 hour ago, Misty said:

The community is better informed if they can read which permaban reasons are up for amnesty. Agree with that, there aren't that many things to list.

• Account credits will be transferred to the DayZRP member(s) who were victim of the user's rulebreaks that led to the user's permaban A lot of unneeded work and what if these players are gone etc. Doesn't really seem worth the effort.
  • User will be given a clean sheet in regards to warning points: Forcing the user to walk on their toes for 3 months will have a negative outcome. I can see what you're saying, they've paid their money so technically unless it's a mass kos they deserve the same chances as everyone else. Everyone makes mistakes. It should be case by case depending on what rule they break if they do.
  • User will not be forced to post on the forums regularly. They can be themselves, be active how much they feel like they should and should not feel any pressure to perform. Agree, no need.
  • Staff informs the community in a specific forum thread " Amnesties given"   with a substantial reason why a user has been given Amnesty. Can't see much point in this?
  • Staff will  include that user's warning history and final reason for permaban. Same as above, no real need either.
  • Staff will act these points out and will keep the identity of the user hidden, anonymous. They're all gonna be posting public ban appeals no?
  • User will be treated the same way as all other members in regards to verdicts and reports. Agree.
  • Staffmembers who are part of a clan will offer a member trial to users of amnesty and will guide them a few evenings if user chooses to partake. Can't say I see the point in this either.

Some good points to fine-tune the process Misty.

@Mikachu @Red However, the money is then being given as credits right? So technically they are not paying for the server, they're paying for credits? It's essentially a deposit. 

5 minutes ago, Burgz said:

Some good points to fine-tune the process Misty.

@Mikachu @Red However, the money is then being given as credits right? So technically they are not paying for the server, they're paying for credits? It's essentially a deposit. 

Yes and no, its credits, but the fact is without giving money would not have access to the server = paying to access server

EDIT: https://www.bohemia.net/monetization/approved/dayz

DayZRP is approved anyway :3 no issues

Edited by Mikachu

3 minutes ago, Mikachu said:

Yes and no, its credits, but the fact is without giving money would not have access to the server = paying to access server

https://www.bohemia.net/monetization

This link about monetization seems to have DayzRP listed as approved.

So I guess it's ok?

Doesn't seem like it's been approved for Arma 3 though, @Roland best sort that.

Edited by Burgz

2 hours ago, MrPanda said:

Wait if we aren't accepting tendie people (Which I agree with) and we aren't excepting people that went over on points (Most of whom were on final)....Who the fuck are we accepting?

I think you miss understood. ANYONE can appeal for this amnesty. Including those who tendied out or went overboard on points. As long as the meet the requirements found on the OP

26 minutes ago, Mikachu said:

EDIT: https://www.bohemia.net/monetization/approved/dayz

DayZRP is approved anyway :3 no issues

Probably should've checked that first before jumping to conclusions ?

lol "give us money and if you don't get banned again you won't get it back, but your name will change color"

Rolle at it again with that cash grab...Jesus fucking christ.

27 minutes ago, Roland said:

Probably should've checked that first before jumping to conclusions ?

Not on the Arma 3 approved list though, do you have to be approved for both or being as it's all Bohemia can you just do one?

1 minute ago, Basoon said:

lol "give us money and if you don't get banned again you won't get it back, but your name will change color"

Rolle at it again with that cash grab...Jesus fucking christ.

Clearly you must have a better idea, how long would they have to go before they got their money back?

@Burgz You don't get your money back, you get "credit".  If you got your money back I would have no issue.  Then you make a bit from the trolls who deserve to get ripped off but people who aren't appealing just to troll don't get fucked in the ass by a price gouge like that.

Honestly not sure if this is just greed or Rolle truly lacks any self awareness at all.

4 minutes ago, Basoon said:

Honestly not sure if this is just greed or Rolle truly lacks any self awareness at all.

So I see you avoided the question, cus that's what creates the problem.

Hey can I be unbanned

*pays 25 euros*

Hey you've gone 3 months and have been a good soldier, have your money back!

*Mass KOSes, server makes nothing, players are dissuaded from playing and you've just allowed a known rulebreaker into the server to break rules again*

Also...taxes, it would be a pretty hard task to declare all that and then have it all refunded.

No one in their right mind would pay the money, and instantly troll. They would wait the time period that you're suggesting should be put in place, and then break rules. It's that simple.

Edited by Burgz

21 minutes ago, Basoon said:

@Burgz You don't get your money back, you get "credit".  If you got your money back I would have no issue.  Then you make a bit from the trolls who deserve to get ripped off but people who aren't appealing just to troll don't get fucked in the ass by a price gouge like that.

As i said in Page 3: Insurance, down payment, etc. Something that can be held as a matter of make-sure against the player. These are perma-banned people we are talking about, and it needs to be clear that if they start messing around again, breaking rules, et cetera, they will lose more than they gained, and as a result, making the matter "not worth it" to begin with.

If people are truly wanting to get back in and have a second chance, they need to understand this themselves. That's why you have the 25€ pricetag, which is the insurance in this case with the last warning state of their accounts.

25 euro collateral lmao, not gonna lie it's hilarious to see the 'put your money where your mouth is' philosophy put into bringing back perma'd players.

I mean, if anybody thinks preventing a kos in a video game is worth $25 they are delusional.  I mean how much self importance can rp give you? Its kinda crazy.  25 real dollars so people don't get killed in a video game and have to re gear? Really?  Honestly laughable.

As far as to the people saying "how are you going to ensure people don't troll or Kos" Probably just..ban them again? Its not that big a deal ya know?

If this isn't a sign of hitting rock bottom, I don't know what is. Curious to see who actually goes through with it. 

IM FUCKING WEAK

32 minutes ago, Basoon said:

25 real dollars so people don't get killed in a video game and have to re gear? Really?  Honestly laughable.

I feel like you really have no idea, or very little, of what this community is...

If people don't wanna pay it. Guess what? They don't have to? 

Why on earth would the owner risk giving ex perma'd players a chance to come back and redeem themselves at the risk of ruining normal, not banned players' experiences...for nothing? 

That's 'delusional'.

Seems like an overcharge.

Edited by Alexis

So wait.. even those who tendied are allowed back? I am not sure if I am fully recovered enough to withstand another wave of ball sack swastika's. I hope we are not letting those who harassed and posted personal pictures of members back in..

I like it.

Was thinking about not posting here but fuck it, 

I strongly disagree with this. Im sorry but if people have been banned most of the time it is for a half decent reason. If not they can appeal it and itll be fixed. This though? People who have fucked up enough times to be perm'd or suicided in the tendie wave. Nah im sorry, just no. 

Why are people taking this out of context, it literally comes down to this.

1.) you apply for a ban appeal

2.) staff looks at it and sees if you are toxic af, or were in the tendie war, or if you deserve to stay banned

3.) you get denied or accepted seeing if you are deemed worthy

4.) if you are sure you want back in and want back in bad enough, you pay $25.

5.) staff keeps a very close eye on you to make sure you will be a good member and have changed your ways

You guys are all complaining about people from the "tendie war" coming back and stuff, but Rolle literally said those people couldnt come back. This will be on a case by case bases, so stop generalizing the people who have been banned and stop criticizing the $25 fee (because they dont have to come back if they dont want to) and just see how things work out. Trust in our staff to do the right thing, as far as im concerned in the past month or so they have taken quite a few steps in the right direction to make this place great like it used to be. 

Edited by Descendants

@Descendants

Read this post, this is where some confusion comes in to play for me personally.

1 minute ago, gElmo said:

@Descendants

Read this post, this is where some confusion comes in to play for me personally.

He is saying that everyone regardless of their ban reasoning is eligible to apply. Doesnt mean at all that they will be accepted