Jump to content
Server time (UTC): 2019-07-21, 18:02
Sign in to follow this  
Roland

Amnesty

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Sleepyhead said:

Tendies usually fall under harassment, so no

You said it in the post above don't mind me I'm just blind ✌️

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Mikachu said:

Just FYI you should check with BIS about this, they only let people charge for access to their games with strict permission from them 

Surely it's more about access back into the community rather than the game? I could be wrong of course.

Share this post


Link to post

Will folks who went over their points threshold after being put on final warning be eligible for this amnesty program, assuming they meet all the requirements?

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, gJadeboat said:

You said it in the post above don't mind me I'm just blind ✌️

 

4 minutes ago, gElmo said:

Will folks who went over their points threshold after being put on final warning be eligible for this amnesty program, assuming they meet all the requirements?

Anyone who meets the requirements can appeal. Including those who tendied out back in March. However if their appeals get accepted is another story. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Ark said:

Anyone who meets the requirements can appeal. Including those who tendied out back in March. However if their appeals get accepted is another story. 

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a final warning to put somebody on final again, assuming they've already been on final in the past and their negligence of that fact led to their ban?

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, gElmo said:

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a final warning to put somebody on final again, assuming they've already been on final in the past and their negligence of that fact led to their ban?

That's why it is an amnesty.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Burgz said:

That's why it is an amnesty.

You've misunderstood. What I'm questioning is whether or not those on final when they were banned should be eligible for amnesty in the first place, given the nature of final warnings.

Edited by gElmo

Share this post


Link to post

Nice idea, this is great

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, gElmo said:

You've misunderstood. What I'm questioning is whether or not those on final when they were banned should be eligible for amnesty in the first place, given the nature of final warnings.

Nope I've understood fine, you're just questioning the whole process rather than specifically the final warning.

Its just like saying, well doesn't this defeat the purpose of a 'permanent' ban, which is fine if you have that opinion, but it's an amnesty. Thats what I meant what I replied.

That's what the staff team have chosen to do, it's up to them.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Burgz said:

Nope I've understood fine, you're just questioning the whole process rather than specifically the final warning.
Its just like saying, well doesn't this defeat the purpose of a 'permanent' ban, which is fine if you have that opinion, but it's an amnesty. Thats what I meant what I replied.

Not the process in general, moreso a specific point in the process.

It does indeed defeat the point of a permanent ban, however, I'm willing to accept that the risk/reward for the banned player is significantly weighed on the risk side in this scenario. Your argument of it being an amnesty so anything goes would only really apply if there were no specific criteria excluding certain offences from qualifying you for the amnesty program. However, that is not the case, as harassment and illegal activity are apparently immediate disqualifiers. These are serious offences, a final warning is also a serious thing, so I believe that it should be factored in as a potentially excluding factor when determining eligibility.

Edited by gElmo

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, gElmo said:

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a final warning to put somebody on final again, assuming they've already been on final in the past and their negligence of that fact led to their ban?

While it may seem to defeat the purpose a bit The final warning is there as an added precaution to see if they really have changed their ways. Just like if I would apply one to someone right now who never has had one. it’s their last chance to change their ways before they get banned. These people have been gone for at minimum a year,  possibly more. Some for a simple UP that pushed them over the edge others for different rule breaks. I’d rather have this extra layer of protection for three months minimum and let it defeat the purpose in the minds of a few people then giving them all free rein right outta the gate. 

Edit: As for if a final warning will be a factor of if these people get back it’s case by case. The admin team will be looking over all of these appeals extensively before we come to a decision.

Share this post


Link to post

@Roland 

Okay okay... ? 25€ to get back and some other stuff...yeah sure who is really interested will do it. People from the "tendie wave" and their ban/unbans were mentioned, I just wanted to say that honestly high % of those people simply "jumped the wagon" and posted what they did just for the sake of "doing it with others".

So what do i want to say? I think some of them should have a chance to be let back the same way as somebody who broke other rules as well. Many of those people were excellent roleplayers that me and anyone else had chance to meet and play with on the server in its good days.

Share this post


Link to post

@Ark seems like a chance upon chances. I understand your logic for those who went over their 30 points without a final warning and its a respectable viewpoint, however, allowing those who have already had chance after chance yet another chance is redundant. All I'm really asking for is that it be seen as a potentially excluding factor, if not an immediately excluding factor, as we can all agree that being put on final warning, no matter how you got yourself over the line, is a very serious thing. (Saw Ark's edit.)

Edited by gElmo

Share this post


Link to post

I'm all for giving second changes a lot of people did stupid things to get banned, sort of agree with the deposit if your good you will get it back if not and you cause trouble you don't but what happens when they play good to get their money back then cause some damage afterwards guess we will just have to give them the benefit of a doubt. 

I do agree a lot of them were good roleplayers. I knew a good few that were banned and because they were banned their friends who weren't banned left on principle hopefully this will be a good thing.  

Just have to wait and see ?

Share this post


Link to post

I suppose most bans are given out to those victim of shady RP and firefights gone wrong.
No actual ill intend.

So yes, second chances, why not.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

I'm all for giving second changes a lot of people did stupid things to get banned, sort of agree with the deposit if your good you will get it back if not and you cause trouble you don't but what happens when they play good to get their money back then cause some damage afterwards guess we will just have to give them the benefit of a doubt. 

I guess that's another reason why they're not getting the money back, rather having it as credits on the store etc and therefore DayzRP still gets it.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Prince said:

Making someone pay almost 30 bucks to play on a dead server may not bring the banned ones back. 

"dead server" Bro, we have hit max pop the past 3 days

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Majoo said:

@Roland 

 honestly high % of those people simply "jumped the wagon" and posted what they did just for the sake of "doing it with others".

I think especially because of that , those people should stay banned.

well in the end it's Rolle's call.

Edited by Ron

Share this post


Link to post

Lets just see how this works out. fingers crossed staff unbans people that deserve it and deny people who dont 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Chappers said:

Why does everything come back to money.... Good Luck on getting people back, you have to be stupid to pay 25euros to get back on....

Think it as "insurance" in a way. Because lets be honest, if you spend 25€ just to come back to troll the community only to get banned days after? It's not a very worthwhile investment, is it?

Share this post


Link to post

Seems like a good idea on paper but not sure anyone will pay to be unbanned in a community they are unsure will survive or not based on a single DayZ update. 

Seems abit steep a price when you consider they could just add another 25 to the amount and get a brand new game.

Share this post


Link to post

 

1 hour ago, Ark said:

While it may seem to defeat the purpose a bit The final warning is there as an added precaution to see if they really have changed their ways. Just like if I would apply one to someone right now who never has had one. it’s their last chance to change their ways before they get banned. These people have been gone for at minimum a year,  possibly more. Some for a simple UP that pushed them over the edge others for different rule breaks. I’d rather have this extra layer of protection for three months minimum and let it defeat the purpose in the minds of a few people then giving them all free rein right outta the gate.  

Edit: As for if a final warning will be a factor of if these people get back it’s case by case. The admin team will be looking over all of these appeals extensively before we come to a decision. 

Wait if we aren't accepting tendie people (Which I agree with) and we aren't excepting people that went over on points (Most of whom were on final)....Who the fuck are we accepting?

Share this post


Link to post

I have a few additional things that I highly advise you to consider. Especially my last part.

..

1. Update the opening post and provide the community a list of reasons for which a user was permabanned and is eligible for the Amnesty process (i.e. Underaged). The current information shows which users cannot receive amnesty and this is a common sense list (Cheating etc.). The community is better informed if they can read which permaban reasons are up for amnesty. 

2. In the event that a permabanned player is given amnesty using this way, the following should apply:

  • Account credits will be transferred to the DayZRP member(s) who were victim of the user's rulebreaks that led to the user's permaban
  • User will be given a clean sheet in regards to warning points: Forcing the user to walk on their toes for 3 months will have a negative outcome.
  • User will not be forced to post on the forums regularly. They can be themselves, be active how much they feel like they should and should not feel any pressure to perform. 

3. Staff should update the community about the return of permabanned users who received amnesty:

  • Staff informs the community in a specific forum thread " Amnesties given"   with a substantial reason why a user has been given Amnesty.
  • Staff will  include that user's warning history and final reason for permaban.
  • Staff will act these points out and will keep the identity of the user hidden, anonymous.

4. In order to combat unfairness towards players that have received Amnesty and promote their return to the community:

  • User will be treated the same way as all other members in regards to verdicts and reports. 
  • Staff will not give away member identities to the community of users who received amnesty.
  • Staffmembers who are part of a clan will offer a member trial to users of amnesty and will guide them a few evenings if user chooses to partake.

I cannot stress enough that forcing amnestied players to have a maxed out warning level and a forum activity tracker is only required if the staff is not capable of and/or  does not trust to take the right decisions to give amnesty or not. Now the solution to this is simple. Staff has to put some faith in their review methods and put some faith into the members they give amnesty. The benefits of taking that chance of faith greatly outweigh the bad consequences. You must show the formerly permabanned members that you are giving them an actual new chance and they will in return try to live up to that and also give their best. 

Share this post


Link to post

Will this also include the removal of warning point history, or current unwarranted Final Warning points that aren't really reliable or can be proven without saying," Because I think so," too, or just already banned people?

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Descendants said:

Lets just see how this works out. fingers crossed staff unbans people that deserve it and deny people who dont 

It says that unbanned members (Amnesty) will get a 3 month period of maxed out warning levels and forced forum activity..  If staff has faith in giving out amnesties to the right people, they would not take such countermeasures... Its a hard job for our staff but I will not question their decisions, I trust them to take the right choices and learn, from mistakes adapt, repeat.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...