Server time: 2019-03-18, 14:28 WE ARE RECRUITING
Roland

Amnesty

I'm confused about what is even being debated at this point. Community members weren't happy and left. Some in childish ways. It doesn't really change anything at all. At all. People get themselves rip'd all the time. Sometimes just all at once. They had their chance, some their second or third, and they blew it. The community understood not all amensty members would work out.

I think that's all there is to it. No reason to change anything or debate anything in my opinion. Shut the door behind them and carry on ?

Edited by Nightngale

Wait I'm lost ? Is Amnesty gone now? Am I getting kicked out ? ? I just settled in.. Painted the walls.. Got a new space heater...  Really, though.. What? I'm so confused. ;_; 

Edited by Bounty

Let’s be logical about this. So just because a few people decided to go out, that should affect everyone else? Fuck no.

Everyone is different and to be quite frank, I’m glad amnesty became a thing. I didn’t like a lot of people who got perm’d but they matured. I have received the roleplay I missed. And made friends with the people who got banned. 

To be honest, anyone saying “Well bye bye amnesty” isn’t thinking clearly. That’s like saying, “Oh your brother is going to jail for murder? Guess you’re guilty too even though you were in another country when that happened.” Do you understand how silly that sounds?

Another person’s wrong-doing shouldn’t be perceived by others. 

Amnesty isn't going anywhere. Not yet, at least as we currently have no plans to remove it.

As already stated, a majority of people who decided to get a strike through their name were not even Amnesty users. I think Amnesty is working fine as intended.

I didn't even know those boys were on amnesty tbh.

If some people can't handle amnesty you take it away from them and not everyone. If you are proposing to not grant those individuals amnesty who got themselves banned the other day then sure but why punish everyone for the actions of a few?

18 hours ago, Ender said:

the majority of the people that recieved a strike through their name in the past 24 hours. In my opinion posting someone elses nudes and telling people they should kill themselves is as far from being a mature and respectable person as one can get. But I'll give credit where credit is due. the ones that left in a way that didn't attack or try to belittle others have my respect.

but of course that is my opinion.

Either way you get that bored with a game, you choose to come on here an belittle someone else or make fun of someone not cool.  I hope I'm not speaking out of turn here but I guarantee if DayZ's Administration didn't have financial problems , there'd be no amnesty.  Literally  @Roland was just being nice and trying to allow people a second chance but i feel like deep down , the community would be a better place without people who tendy. Just my opinion not trying to flame or start anything.  

Nothing excuses personally attacking people because of a video game. If that's how they act once things get tough, then they're not welcome here, and if some want to come back and prove themselves, they can have that chance. But they shouldn't, not in a technical sense. Their first, second and third chances come from the 30 points they can get before being removed. Permanent bans are called permanent for a reason.

But hey, they do have that chance, and I agree with it. If they blow it by posting a thread that gets deleted within 30 secs, that's their loss.

Edited by XieAngel

I, for one, think amnesty is great.

Fact is, there'll always be a bad egg. Some eggs can be disguised as a lovely plump egg, but as soon as you turn it over you'll notice the cracks. Some eggs are noticeably bad and get thrown out the day they're bought, and some eggs' yolk breaks when you tap the egg slightly. That's the way things are, and always have been. Amnesty is just the same as having new players join, except some know others, some know decent roleplay, and some just want to come shoot people. That's what's always happening, amnesty or not.

Also, amnesty keeps the money rolling in, and that's life's goal.                                                Also I'm back cause of it, which is cool.

I love amnesty 

fuck me @Roland 50 euro?? You are a ballsy man, fair play. Only question I have, is why remove the account credit? Seems a little meh...

Rolle want all the moneys $$$ :trolle:

Posted (edited)

Should have made sure to get in there for that early brd special my dude.

Personally I didn't mind shelling out a few quid for the chance to appeal, I know what I did and most of it is still documented.

At least it isn't the original 100 Euro proposed just for the chance to appeal.

Edited by Cow
spelling lol

On 9/19/2018 at 9:06 PM, Whitename said:

I thought amnesty was a bad idea, but I honestly have no qualms with this system. Good job

I went back on this in a status or something a while ago and said that amnesty fucked the community, but lemme change my mind again real quick. The improvement is blatant, just by looking at the numbers. If I wasn't so busy I'd play again...