Server time: 2018-10-22, 04:40 WE ARE RECRUITING
Burgz

Mass-unban and a separate whitelist for Mod.

It would be nice to see some permabanned players return and put onto final and given a second chance. If we did, we'd have to be careful on who we let back and who we don't. But as Spartan said, not everyone deserves it so we would have to case by case and not let everyone back.

What you thinking then @Roland? I mean ultimately it's up to you right? Regardless of how pretty the thread and idea is or how many suggestions I/we put forward. We're just here to invoke the conversation and for you to decide😉

As much as I love to continue debating with people that are posting, there's not much more we're gonna achieve in this thread.

I think unbanning players Is a good idea. Quite a few of my friends are banned or left because they got sick of the staffs babysitting. If there was a pardon and the community was less policed than I think there might be more that one person playing at any given moment.

Or the alternative is the community dying completely. 

The staff has worked hard to clean the community from toxicity, so taking them back in has to be a careful process where only the more dedicated ones get to come back, not just anybody.

Spoiler

I guess one solution would be to have two servers. Those who have been given a second chance are only able to join one of the servers - almost like a whitelist within a whitelist. Everyone else can play on both, so if we want to play with them or stay away from them, we can choose ourselves. There are of course drawbacks, this is just some idea.

Just now, Max said:

Hide contents

I guess one solution would be to have two servers. Those who have been given a second chance are only able to join one of the servers - almost like a whitelist within a whitelist. Everyone else can play on both, so if we want to play with them or stay away from them, we can choose ourselves. There are of course drawbacks, this is just some idea.

I think if we are accepting members back to the community making them outsiders again defeats the purpose. Good idea on paper but people are still people and want to play with their friends so everyone would just play on the "Naughty boy server"

Just now, Max said:

-snip-

Hide contents

Was that two server thing from another thread or your own idea? I suggested something similar earlier. Gives people more choice, but being as it's mod I doubt the players are gonna be that bothered regardless.

Just now, Gaylaxitive said:

I think if we are accepting members back to the community making them outsiders again defeats the purpose. Good idea on paper but people are still people and want to play with their friends so everyone would just play on the "Naughty boy server"

But then everyone on the 'naughty' server is then gunna be aware of the risks involved in playing on the server and thus their experience ain't gonna be ruined is it? 

Just now, Burgz said:

Was that two server thing from another thread or your own idea? I suggested something similar earlier. Gives people more choice, but being as it's mod I doubt the players are gonna be that bothered regardless.

See, I'm talking about Standalone for two servers. Do you think the majority of the perma-banned players are going to be interested in the Mod?

1 minute ago, Max said:

See, I'm talking about Standalone for two servers. Do you think the majority of the perma-banned players are going to be interested in the Mod?

The players Burgz is referring to yes, he's talking about people he used to play with a number of years back who only really enjoy mod.

5 minutes ago, Gaylaxitive said:

Oh for sure, but I find it less segregating to let these unbanned players at least get to play Standalone like the rest of us instead of the Mod.

Just now, ExoticRainbow said:

The players Burgz is referring to yes, he's talking about people he used to play with a number of years back who only really enjoy mod.

I know, but how fair is it to only let them play the mod now that pretty much everyone prefers SA, especially with 0.63 coming up? If people REALLY enjoy the mod, then I'm all for it, but if they have been banned for this long then they might as well get to play SA as well, IMO.

@Max they would be able to play SA...after they have proved themselves on the mod server etc. Tbh I was only referring to mod, 1 because I want to play it lol, 2 because the admin tools are much better, 3 cus new players who are looking the join the community essentially won't be in the firing line for potential rule breaks as they are likely not to be interested in mod. But Chappers has been suggesting Arma 3 or whatnot, these are all fine details to be decided by Rolle anyway, I'm just providing some frame work.

Just now, Burgz said:

@Max they would be able to play SA...after they have proved themselves on the mod server etc. Tbh I was only referring to mod, 1 because I want to play it lol, 2 because the admin tools are much better, 3 cus new players who are looking the join the community essentially won't be in the firing line for potential rule breaks as they are likely not to be interested in mod. But Chappers has been suggesting Arma 3 or whatnot, these are all fine details to be decided by Rolle anyway, I'm just providing some frame work.

I guess that does make sense. I just don't like the idea of forcing them back into the Mod now that everyone's moving on whether we like it or not, but then again, these are permabans we're talking about. 😉

Good idea burgers how u doing, why not just let ppl appeal what's the problem rly? It's not like the admins gonna unban literally everyone

2 minutes ago, enar21 said:

Good idea burgers how u doing, why not just let ppl appeal what's the problem rly? It's not like the admins gonna unban literally everyone

Yo bruh how's you? You still in the WhatsApp?? But like Rolle said no one believes a couple paragraphs really mean anything, people giving their cash to come back? That's gonna bring back players who aren't massive trolls.

BH Return? there are like 12 of us that would be more than happy to whitelist and play again, 4 years later and we sure have matured... I would be more than happy to pay a certain amount of money but i think it wouldn't help the numbers as so many people would be hesitant to buy in just incase the play numbers don't improve.

1 minute ago, Matthew1996 said:

BH Return? there are like 12 of us that would be more than happy to whitelist and play again, 4 years later and we sure have matured... I would be more than happy to pay a certain amount of money but i think it wouldn't help the numbers as so many people would be hesitant to buy in just incase the play numbers don't improve.

Money is the thing that is pissing me off. Someone could easily go and create a Arma 3 DayZRP server and new community which people could go play. Plus they wouldn't ask for fucking money like Rolle wants......

ye alright let's all calm down here. Srsly all those permaban players could just change ip and make new accounts and troll the community if they wanted to but they dont do they? It's not like an unban will create excessive chaos, especially if we let them whitelist again and maybe only allow to play mod or sa.

13 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Money is the thing that is pissing me off. Someone could easily go and create a Arma 3 DayZRP server and new community which people could go play. Plus they wouldn't ask for fucking money like Rolle wants......

This issue with that it's been done and failed a few times, either those banned from here got banned from those communities too or they couldn't generate the same player base to sustain those communities. Also they would also ask for money to help with running costs. 

Yes it'd be easy to set up but not easy to become a success. 

So option number 2 is for them to pay to come back here. It's a better idea then deciding to just trust them to behave as it puts money where there mouth is so to speak. Actions speak louder than words...

Edited by Samaritan

Mass unban makes no sense in my opinion. Why would we unban everyone, that includes people who have come on here and only caused havoc to do the same thing...??

What I think would make sense is going through each individual ban and deciding whether or not they are worthy, rather then not accepting back any permed players.

7 minutes ago, Brady said:

What I think would make sense is going through each individual ban and deciding whether or not they are worthy, rather then not accepting back any permed players.

I could agree to that as long as staff are prepared to put the work in to get through them. That will be a big job.

Edited by Samaritan

24 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Chappers bro you gotta reign it in lol, if your idea worked...then it'd be happening right now, right? We wouldn't be here asking for this lmao.

8 minutes ago, Brady said:

Mass unban makes no sense in my opinion. Why would we unban everyone, that includes people who have come on here and only caused havoc to do the same thing...??

Like Samaritan said, sure, it's just more work for staff.

I can assure you no one is paying 50euros to get unban! 

Why not let people write out ban appeals or something. Money isn’t the way to do this! It makes you look money hungry...

1 minute ago, Chappers said:

Why not let people write out ban appeals or something. Money isn’t the way to do this! It makes you look money hungry...

That already happens behind the scenes, you just don't see it. Ban appeals for anyone permabanned is done directly to the admins only.

Just now, Chappers said:

You know that some people would though haha.

I didn't agree with the 50 euros as I thought it excludes way too many people and arguably just makes an unban available to those who have too much money and thus don't give a shit if they get banned again.

At the end of the day though, it ain't our decision. 

Plus like Rolle said, anyone can write a ban appeal and make it look nice and sorrowful: it don't mean jack.

My friend I don't think you're fully understanding the situation. This is not a thread to get pop onto the mod server

If this is not a thread to get pop onto the mod server why is there even a discussion in regards to unbanning people? @Burgz ? Maybe the Title of the thread should be Separate Whitelisting for Mod Server or Side Projects? Also why is the term Rejuvenation used often?

3 minutes ago, Chaostica said:

If this is not a thread to get pop onto the mod server why is there even a discussion in regards to unbanning people? @Burgz ? Maybe the Title of the thread should be Separate Whitelisting for Mod Server or Side Projects? Also why is the term Rejuvenation used often?

Cus Operation Rejuvenation is the title and it's catchy 😉

But you've misunderstood the point I was making, especially by taking a single piece of my message out of context.

I'm saying this is not just to get pop onto the mod server. This is to get pop onto all the servers. They are all dead. No players in any of them. The mod server is just the guinea pig if you like, to try and test the waters out and reintroduce the banned players. You were suggesting we allow the mod to attract it's own attention, but that's not the point. All of the servers need attention, they all need more players.