Server time: 2018-10-22, 04:38 WE ARE RECRUITING
Burgz

Mass-unban and a separate whitelist for Mod.

27 minutes ago, Roland said:

If it's too low like lunch money or 1 hour of work there's a risk it will be thrown away just to do a mass KoS, just to spite us. Yes, there are toxic individuals out there like that who hate us that much, you'd be surprised. If it's too high nobody will do it, making it pointless. I think a price of a AAA retail game around 50€ would be a good middle ground. Yes, I think if someone behaves well after coming back they can get part of the amount as account credit after getting off final.

That's the number I had in mind tbf, especially if they're able to have some of it back. If only available as account credit then maybe less? Like 25/30€?

@Chappers People are able to pay to avoid real life punishments, what's so different? Rolle has a good point, pretty much everyone can write a couple im sorry paragraphs. There's gotta be something to prove that they aren't just gonna fuck things up again for bantz.

3 minutes ago, Connvexus said:

The only reason this community is or was going to die is the toxicity and AIDS behaviour of the people who went on Mass KOS sprees and OC shit fighting just for the shits and gigs. And luckily we have a system that gets toxic people. it's called rules and bans.

Permanent doesn't, as people who have been permaban have come back...

This community is going to die, its dying and everyone can see its dying. its been dying for years now. Everyone is so scared of RISK, its a game, in life you take bigger RISKS. Its a RISK yes but its not going to END YOUR LIFE.

Who the fuck is going to pay 50 Euros to play a dead ass game, with a dying community, with community who just cry when hostile actions take place, who have been treated like shit before, who have other games they could be playing. I know if I was permaban, hell no I wouldn't pay that to be unban...

Edited by Chappers

2 minutes ago, Connvexus said:

"Permanent" means forever

You clearly haven't read the rest of the thread, we've discussed this. Perms already aren't permanent in some cases.

5 minutes ago, Chappers said:

This community is going to die, its dying and everyone can see its dying. its been dying for years now. Everyone is so scared of RISK, its a game, in life you take bigger RISKS. Its a RISK yes but its not going to END YOUR LIFE.

Not getting unbanned from a "Dying" Community isn't gonna end your life either.
If it doesn't matter than it doesn't matter they stayed banned. It's just a game.

Just now, Connvexus said:

If it doesn't matter than it doesn't matter they stayed banned. It's just a game.

No, but people don't want this community to die. 

This community making a Arma 3 dayz server and bringing back people would make more people play and bring new fresh air into this community..

2 minutes ago, Connvexus said:

I'm confused are you just saying you want it to die? I'm not sure I understand your viewpoint other than no to attempting to rejuvenate the servers...

14 minutes ago, Chappers said:

No, but people don't want this community to die. 

This community making a Arma 3 dayz server and bringing back people would make more people play and bring new fresh air into this community..

arma 3 sucks cock

agree with rolle, think paying for an unban is a decent compromise. 

2 minutes ago, groovy tonyRP said:

agree with rolle, think paying for an unban is a decent compromise. 

uhh yeah no.

People buy full prices games that they've been banned from for cheating just to be a cock again. Pretty sure paying to be unbanned wont stop anything if they really want to be a cunt.

3 minutes ago, Laski said:

uhh yeah no.

People buy full prices games that they've been banned from for cheating just to be a cock again. Pretty sure paying to be unbanned wont stop anything if they really want to be a cunt.

the staff team is quite large, i'm sure they would be able to overcome this hurdle

4 minutes ago, Laski said:

uhh yeah no.

Bruh, no one is saying it's going to work 100%, even Rolle. However, the amount of people who will break rules is definitely decreased even more so by having to pay also.

32 minutes ago, Burgz said:

I'm confused are you just saying you want it to die? I'm not sure I understand your viewpoint other than no to attempting to rejuvenate the servers...

I'm confused how you think unbanning people who got themselves banned will bring back life to the servers. A lot of them got banned on purpose. How is bringing back that toxicity gonna help the servers?

Edited by Connvexus

If I remember correctly there was a time when Rolle did let perma banned players back into the community. They had to send him an email that I think consisted of an appeal and he decided if they were let back in. There were a number of perma-banned players that were let back into the community during this time and ended up leaving the same way they had before. People like to think Rolle is unreasonable and doesn't want to give them a 'chance' but he has in the past, multiple chances. There was even a time in the community where you could be put on multiple finals, behave for a few months, get off that final and get put on another one, that only recently changed. There are a number of people who I call friends that were banned that I'd love to see be able to come back but the fact still remains, these people did what they did to get themselves removed, most on purpose. 

9 minutes ago, groovy tonyRP said:

the staff team is quite large, i'm sure they would be able to overcome this hurdle

That's not a large staff team tbh. Its nothing compared to what we used to have. Plus they cant do anything to stop it can they? If someone wants to pay and get unbanned just to go fuck someones day up they can so easily do it. Unless we make it where they need to be active on the forums for a bit after being unbanned to prove that they actually want to come back and be a proper member.

Those who are really toxic, the worst of the worse, will put money into it and will do whatever they like simply because of this. There have been banned players who constantly attacked the servers after their ban. Spending hours, days, weeks JUST to be petty and make everyone miserable, hoping to drive people away. What is a little money? I've been on other servers in other communities that aren't DayZ orientated and have seen bans removed for those that were really thought to be contrite but within an hour of their return to server mass KoS'd dozens of people before Staff were able to locate and reapply the ban. A good portion of those players who were KoS'd never bothered to return and they were good long time RPers, the reason for leaving? They were tired of it, they'd invested a lot in the community and the random attack against them was just the final straw. We need to put our long time dedicated members before those we unban. I know I've been absent for awhile, but that was mainly due to DayZ feeling incredibly stagnant. I will also admit there were simply people here who I did not wish to run into. But I always kept checking the forums and I always tried to keep up to date on what was happening here. Longtime members always need to be considered over those who were perm'd. I will say that during my absence I did pick up on streaming again and just during this Last RP session had multiple people ask how they could play. I of course told them where to go and how to apply. We can generate interest, if we're willing to try.

5 minutes ago, Connvexus said:

I'm confused how you think unbanning people who got themselves banned will bring back life to the servers. A lot of them got banned on purpose. How is bringing back that toxicity gonna help the servers?

Are you genuinely naive enough to believe every single banned player will get themselves re-banned? That in the 2/3/4 years some of them have been away, that none of them have changed? How is not doing anything gonna help the servers? 

4 minutes ago, Laski said:

Unless we make it where they need to be active on the forums for a bit after being unbanned to prove that they actually want to come back and be a proper member.

not a bad idea

@Chaostica the mod server is dead anyway. People who are playing it are all gonna be aware of the risks, but anyone breaking any rules can literally be found and banned within about 15 seconds.

as for the extremely toxic harassing players, we've discussed this multiple times in the thread. There would be exceptions, at the admins discretion.

I feel like people really aren't reading the thread and are just assuming this is a 'pay for unban and whitelist' when it's really not. There are multiple sanctions and limitations which are part of the suggestion all in place to reduce damage to the servers and players as much as possible.

All I'm saying is that generating interest is of course hard, but there are alternatives and yes, there may be some who would be worth unbanning. However, there is also a history of side projects not being successful and not having anyone join them. As a long time player, I've always tried more then just DayZ, I've been and played on other side projects that we've started and if we make the Mod a separate entity and unban those who are banned here then we're just inviting even more people to not even try it. They won't risk running into these problematic people, it's not worth it. The side project should try to generate the interest on it's own, give new hype to it. Dedicated people who will be there and populating it.

7 minutes ago, Chaostica said:

Snip

My friend I don't think you're fully understanding the situation. This is not a thread to get pop onto the mod server, sure: this will do it however all of the servers are dead. All of them. The mod server just provides a rehabilitation ground to begin to breathe life back into the community and the subsequent servers. 

Plus, I reckon a good 65% of the active mod players are either now banned or not playing anymore. You can't hype SA players into buying/downloading a DayZ mod they never experienced lol.

We should just wait and see about the general state of it all, once the A2 and A3 Mod servers are fully up to spec for DayZRP standards. If the community in general looks like they can handle it (with new influx of players involved) we could maybe implement a way of separately appealing and re-whitelisting banned players, under very strict and specific conditions which would of course be up to the top brass. If handled poorly, this idea could be the final nail in the coffin of DayZRP and I, for one certainly do not want that to happen.

Edited by Semiazas

I'd love to see some people unbanned and put on a final but not everyone deserves it. It would be very limited to make sure we only let people back who won't harm the community again. Tendiers are a big no ofc but people who have a fairly clean sheet but got passed those 30 points in a month by some rulebreaks can be given another chance in the form of a final. Maybe behind a paywall like Rolle said, anyhow, it is a good point that we might have to try out with a limited amount of people. 

16 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Maybe behind a paywall like Rolle said, anyhow, it is a good point that we might have to try out with a limited amount of people. 

No one is going to pay to get back into the community, let the people who meet the criteria in no need for a pay wall.

The last time we unbanned people in that kind of way it was rough. We gained some good people back, sure, but it was a real rough go with some that really didn't seem to want it bad enough and just found themselves banned again. You gotta wonder if the one outweighs the other.

The pay wall could always just be implemented for certain individuals, hey it could even have different criteria that your ban met and that's how much you pay idk. I'd be more than happy to put some thought into the logistics of that as long as I knew it was gonna be seriously considered, if the admin team didn't wanna drum up some sort of criteria/structure themselves ofc.

also what is this chicken tender stuff??

26 minutes ago, Oliv said:

The last time we unbanned people in that kind of way it was rough. We gained some good people back, sure, but it was a real rough go with some that really didn't seem to want it bad enough and just found themselves banned again. You gotta wonder if the one outweighs the other.

Are any of those unbanned still here? Still keeping the server rolling? Idk who these individuals were and tbh it's sounding a bit favouritism-ey that some people were unbanned but maybe it was highly publicised and I missed it all cus inactive. 

I have no idea about the situation in question though so I'm not gonna try and speak about it like I do lol.

3 minutes ago, Burgz said:

Are any of those unbanned still here? Still keeping the server rolling? Idk who these individuals were and tbh it's sounding a bit favouritism-ey that some people were unbanned but maybe it was highly publicised and I missed it all cus inactive. 

I have no idea about the situation in question though so I'm not gonna try and speak about it like I do lol.

I also can't remember, was about a year and a half- two years ago