Server time (UTC): 2019-07-24, 09:37
Sign in to follow this  
Roland

DayZ Mod poll

DayZ Mod content poll  

183 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mod servers that haven't used Chernarus don't tend to last well. We've tried it here, many others have tried it, people want Chernarus generally.

9 hours ago, PalmtreeWhale said:

edit:

I voted namalsk but for my part it can be Tavi aswell, never played that map so would be interesting

Good old Chernarus is fine, but I like Namalsk.

It opens up a ton of new possibilities in RP. 

People will generally hurdle up close to fireplaces, and heatpacks are actually useful for once.
The constant fear of being hunted by the invisible dreaded Bloodsucker is another.
The timely blackouts are fucking scary and make people come out of the woods, and hide inside buildings.

I had a lot of fun on Namalsk because of it.

However I also would love for another Epoch Chernarus or Napf. The rumor about people being only busy with loot and gunrunning is not how I remember it.
But if most people just want classic DayZ, then by all means go for it. 

2 hours ago, Osaka said:

Good old Chernarus is fine, but I like Namalsk.

It opens up a ton of new possibilities in RP. 

People will generally hurdle up close to fireplaces, and heatpacks are actually useful for once.
The constant fear of being hunted by the invisible dreaded Bloodsucker is another.
The timely blackouts are fucking scary and make people come out of the woods, and hide inside buildings.

I had a lot of fun on Namalsk because of it.

However I also would love for another Epoch Chernarus or Napf. The rumor about people being only busy with loot and gunrunning is not how I remember it.
But if most people just want classic DayZ, then by all means go for it. 

I remember pobeda was as thriving as ever in Epoch!
..and of course barbera cutting down the whole forest but again I think more gear will create more RP as people wont have the need to hunt for gear?
Namalsk's atmosphere is really interesting as well.

Napf + Epoch is the way to go in my opinion, as it would reduce gearplay and people could focus more on interactions. But then again, Namalsk is not the worst of choices so I will not complain.

3 hours ago, Semiazas said:

Napf + Epoch is the way to go in my opinion, as it would reduce gearplay and people could focus more on interactions. But then again, Namalsk is not the worst of choices so I will not complain.

Most people in Epoch are gearwhoring for gold. Basebuilding is a big thing in Epoch, so naturally at the start people are going to be really busy building their base.
Once that is settled somewhat, the games can begin.

It would be an idea to have a rule around that the first few days of a new server you are not allowed to engage in aggressive PVP combat. Just let people run around, gear up and build the base. At least, that's what I would do.

And yes, Napf is gigantic, it should be relatively easy to give every group a bit of space.

7 minutes ago, Osaka said:

Most people in Epoch are gearwhoring for gold. Basebuilding is a big thing in Epoch, so naturally at the start people are going to be really busy building their base.
Once that is settled somewhat, the games can begin.

It would be an idea to have a rule around that the first few days of a new server you are not allowed to engage in aggressive PVP combat. Just let people run around, gear up and build the base. At least, that's what I would do.

And yes, Napf is gigantic, it should be relatively easy to give every group a bit of space.

One of the downsides of democracy here is that it looks like we will be getting DayZRP Mod + Namalsk. As I said before, this combination is not necessarily a bad thing but I am just upset that people do not realize the brilliant roleplay and game mechanics opportunities Epoch + Napf would bring.

3 minutes ago, Semiazas said:

One of the downsides of democracy here is that it looks like we will be getting DayZRP Mod + Namalsk. As I said before, this combination is not necessarily a bad thing but I am just upset that people do not realize the brilliant roleplay and game mechanics opportunities Epoch + Napf would bring.

Generic DayZ and Namalsk is also fine. I'm happy with whatever of the mod goes up and survives.  DayZ MOD also has some base building going, but not very great.

problem with napf, tavi etc is that the maps are amazing, but also huge and with low pop (which be honest, will be the case) you'd hardly ever see anyone

2 hours ago, Mikachu said:

problem with napf, tavi etc is that the maps are amazing, but also huge and with low pop (which be honest, will be the case) you'd hardly ever see anyone

True, so a smaller map would suffice for starters

Utes? 

1 hour ago, Roland said:

Utes? 

debug island spawnpoints only lets go

An update on the Mod development issue would be lovely... Some members like myself and @Osaka are itching to get in on some Namalsk action.

I guess this is all on hold for now. But once it goes live, we go lit.

7 hours ago, Osaka said:

I guess this is all on hold for now. But once it goes live, we go lit.

This ^

I haven't played in a year or two nor do I check the forums anymore but I would go hype for it. Just recently spoke to a few guys from mod that I still keep in touch with and they said they'd definitely come back and wished they would've known that this was going to happen. I know there was an email sent out that mentioned it, but it didn't catch my eye as the main header of the email was about SA 0.63. I feel like if another email was sent out saying something like "DAYZRP RETURNING TO MOD" was sent out that would catch a lot of old players eyes instead and further persuade them to come back. @Roland

Once the SA development and such out of the way, and with the Mod development done, I am sure newsletters specifically about the return to Mod will follow. And yes, I do believe it would attract a lot of the old players, too.

Y'know. Epoch can be just as hard as vanilla. Just gotta disable the traders and leave the base building functional. It's not a gear-fest or firefight mode primarily as it was mainly for base building, traders, and some extra things.

However Overpoch is extremely beefy with it's loot tables 99% of the time, so yeah. That's the gearfest.

I think it'd be pretty cool to be capable of setting up a little camp area that can have.. y'know, actual walls. I've in the past found plenty hard epoch servers, just as hard as vanilla ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7 hours ago, LoneFox said:

Y'know. Epoch can be just as hard as vanilla. Just gotta disable the traders and leave the base building functional. It's not a gear-fest or firefight mode primarily as it was mainly for base building, traders, and some extra things.

However Overpoch is extremely beefy with it's loot tables 99% of the time, so yeah. That's the gearfest.

I think it'd be pretty cool to be capable of setting up a little camp area that can have.. y'know, actual walls. I've in the past found plenty hard epoch servers, just as hard as vanilla ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Epoch is fine with traders, you just need to make loot scarce. 
Finding an AK should be the highlight of your day. 

But as I remember classic Epoch you just buy a Ural, and just load up on every barrack you come across and are at max capacity within an hour.
Which is, slightly unrealistic in a post apocalyptic world.

3 minutes ago, Osaka said:

Epoch is fine with traders, you just need to make loot scarce. 

I dunno dude.. i'd prefer loot easier to find and traders disabled. 

I remember SVR having like 5 military veichles and screwing everyone's bases up within a day ?

Just now, The Traveler said:

I dunno dude.. i'd prefer loot easier to find and traders disabled. 

I remember SVR having like 5 military veichles and screwing everyone's bases up within a day ?

Getting raided is part of it. You just need a way to defend it.
But yeah, the traders were OP. But they did serve some use.

So, how would moving from the SA server to the Mod server work? If we, for instance, wanted to travel to a new region of Chernarus, would we IC walk to the edge of the SA map, log out, log in at the new server? Or am I missing a concept?

Also, how would persistence work, moving items from one map to the other, etc?

On 10/18/2018 at 1:43 PM, SketchParker said:

So, how would moving from the SA server to the Mod server work? If we, for instance, wanted to travel to a new region of Chernarus, would we IC walk to the edge of the SA map, log out, log in at the new server? Or am I missing a concept?

Also, how would persistence work, moving items from one map to the other, etc?

How your character travels in between maps would be up to your imagination, as long as it is reasonable and does not conflict with the lore of course. On the other hand, Roland has stated that you would be limited by the capabilities of the server you are switching to. It would not be possible for you to have the exact same equipment and what not on all servers especially since one would be A2 Mod, the other would be A3 Exile and the third would be Standalone. You could just simply pretend to have lost your gear or stashed it away - which I believe would be a reasonable price for being able to travel from one map to the other.