Server time (UTC): 2019-08-22, 23:22
Sign in to follow this  
PalmtreeWhale

Guide: Installation & Joining the server

// Installation.
Step 1:  Install Arma 2.
Step 2:  Install Arma 2: OA (Operation Arrowhead).
Step 3:  Install Arma 2: DayZ Mod.

// (Optional) Verify integrity of game files.
// Note:  Execute these steps for Arma2, Arma2: OA & Arma 2: DayZ Mod
// Note:  If files are missing it will re-install them.
// Note:  Arma 2: OA will pop up with a message that one file could not be verified and will be re-acquired, just ignore that. <-- it's fine.
Step 5:  Right click on the game in the Steam Library and select properties.
Step 6:  Under the Tab "Local Files" click on "Verify integrity of game files".

// No clue what or why but just do it just in case.
Step 7:  Run Arma 2, and then exit again when you get the Main Menu.

// Beta's.
// Note: 
To check beta versions, or to change them; right click on the game, select properties, select the "betas" tab.
Step 8:  Check if Both Arma 2 & Arma 2: OA are opted out of beta versions (otherwise change it to opted out).
Step 9:  Change Arma 2: DayZ Mod to Beta Version to "1.9.0 -".

// (probably optional but I have it set like this)
Step 10:  Launch Arma2: OA.
Step 11:  In the Main Menu, click on Expansions, and enable DayZ (Arma 2: DayZ Mod & Dayz).
Step 12:  After enabling the expansions it will restart the game, when back in the Main Menu exit the game.

4B8E8FAD9AAE6C0EEF9DF9F6BDCA62FF661A1FF3

// Joining The DayZRP Server.
Step 13:  Launch Arma 2: DayZ Mod NOT Operation Arrowhead (which will result in session lost).
Step 14:  Check the expansions if the mod is enabled, if not enable them just like before and wait for the game to restart.

3FFD73F82073000EC7EA5366DA341468EDE1FCAC

Step 15:  Go to Multiplayer.
Step 16:  You can either Filter on "dayzrp" (Host), but when it doesn't pop up try Remote connect with:

Address:  m1.dayzrp.com

Port: 2400

// Note:  For people who want to use the launcher to join the server; sadly it isn't possible:

34 minutes ago, vivallion said:

Okay. DayZ Launcher's Mod doesnt seem to work, since it just throws you out. Edit: confirmed. The downloaded mod itself doesnt work anymore. Steam is the only way you can run the thing.

// Enjoying Arma 2's buggy charm
// Note:
  When you first spawn, you spawn with nothing, so you have to be extra carefull.
// Note:  After your first death ( at least for me) you should get the option to choose your spawn and when you do, you have some basic supplies. (Elektro is a good starter spawn IMO)
Step 17: When you get a black screen and the notification about a Turbo key,  go to options -> controls and delete the turbo key that is registered.
Step 18: Enjoy! and trust me.. these zombies are deadly af.

Please Let me know if this worked for you, or if it didn't.
if you are having problems, give me a PM.

Getting errors? Please Pm me or post it here in this format:

At what step did you get an error:  
Error:  

Edited by PalmtreeWhale

Hello, I've just tried joining the server. Ran both games prior to attempting to join the server. I've enabled Arma 2 dayz and Dayz mod expansions in Arma 2 OA. 

However, when I try to join the server, I immediately get kicked out with an error "Session lost".

Do you have any idea what might be causing that problem?

Yeah, I figured it out. I was running Arma 2 OA , whilst I should have ran Arma 2 Dayz mod through Steam. 

Everything's alright now ? . Thank you!

What about Arma 2 Launcher? Is this a viable way of still launching and managing mods?  It could change if we decided to add more stuff to the server later i know but still.

Thank you for making this! I am one of those whitenames who never got a chance to play Mod. So I am excited to jump in and try it out! Using this guide I should be successful! I will let you know if I encounter any issues. 

3 hours ago, vivallion said:

What about Arma 2 Launcher? Is this a viable way of still launching and managing mods?  It could change if we decided to add more stuff to the server later i know but still.

I've tried just running OA with the extensions enabled but that resulted in Session Lost on the DayZRP server.
Someone stated in discord that the devs purposely did this and that you had to run the arma 2: DayZ Mod.

But I think someone else got in using the DayzLauncher so i'm pretty sure it's possible.
Probably make a launcher for Arma 2: DayZ Mod instead of OA .
(Got no knowledge in making launcher so not sure).

7 minutes ago, Brayces said:

Thank you for making this! I am one of those whitenames who never got a chance to play Mod. So I am excited to jump in and try it out! Using this guide I should be successful! I will let you know if I encounter any issues. 

I hope it will work! Looking forward to feedback.
I also just found out that @Artyom had already made a guide way earlier than me as well but never noticed it, true hero's go unnoticed.

Edited by PalmtreeWhale

Assuming the server is just running the basic dayzmod, using the DayZLauncher -should- be possible if the mod is downloaded properly. I will try and see what happens once i finish downloading..and all my weekly stuff..

18 minutes ago, vivallion said:

Assuming the server is just running the basic dayzmod, using the DayZLauncher -should- be possible if the mod is downloaded properly. I will try and see what happens once i finish downloading..and all my weekly stuff..

I haven't tried myself after I set the Arma 2: DayZ Mod to 1.9.0-, let me know if it works, and otherwise ill try it myself tonight.

Well this is just what I need right now. Without a doubt enough to entice me back. Perhaps I'll even reinstall the Standalone too and see how it's improved over the years.

Great to see the mod rise from the grave.

Okay. DayZ Launcher's Mod doesnt seem to work, since it just throws you out. Edit: confirmed. The downloaded mod itself doesnt work anymore. Steam is the only way you can run the thing.

Edited by vivallion

Just now, Yuval said:

Is this using the old dayRp mod? Or just dayz

Right now, it's just the vanilla DayZ mod 1.9

Any chance anyone has gotten the "Admin kick: Old Rules" error?

Not sure why that is happening, I did run the DayzMOD 1.9.0 through the DayZ MOD application.
It kind of let's me in the game, then kicks me.

Edit:

Nevermind, I had to litterally accept the "new rules" on the forum first.

Derp.

See you at Camp Prud

Edited by Osaka

2 minutes ago, melinz1995 said:

Hi. 

Is this server still up? 

No, we're sorry for the inconvenience.