Jump to content
Server time: 2019-03-18, 14:32 WE ARE RECRUITING
Ben

DayzRP = gone?

Recommended Posts

Literally every Update people say this game will get better. But tbh I don't think anything will ever change. Dayz is dead folks. Move on and go find a game worth investing time into instead of waiting long periods of time for small updates. It's just a waist of time, and some of us are just finding out earlier than others. 

Share this post


Link to post

So i came decided to came back after quite a break. Have been playing some other games but they all got me bored. I never found a rp experience like i did in DayzRP. I'm sad to find out that nobody is playing here anymore and i wonder howmany people are still willing to play?

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, jasperschellekens2 said:

So i came decided to came back after quite a break. Have been playing some other games but they all got me bored. I never found a rp experience like i did in DayzRP. I'm sad to find out that nobody is playing here anymore and i wonder howmany people are still willing to play?

It's not what it used to be but from what I can see the dayz mod is almost growing exponentially,  Saturday: 2 players, Sunday: 4 players and Monday: 7 players.
Not sure if we'l hit 14 today haha but the more people just jump on instead of waiting for others it might have a positive effect and bring it back alive. Don't think standalone is worthit at the moment,but desolation and mod are, and scum if you have it I guess.

Dayzrp's Discord is nice to communicate if you'd want to roll with someone in desolation or mod I guess.

Edited by PalmtreeWhale

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, PalmtreeWhale said:

--

Thanks for the information. This mod is free right? And scum.. i'm not sure if i would be able to play it with my shitty pc since i barely can run Dayz. Don't really have much money to spend on a new machine unfortunately.

- amd radeon hd 7870

image.png.5ea54527ee43567840ecce136c2a5b3b.png

Share this post


Link to post

I've read all these comments and agree with a lot, there is one point I'd like to put across, and that is yeah its September people have lives. and yeah totally agree with @Geisha can't force people to play a game, however. many many people are still filling up other RP servers! I for one am guilty of RPing elsewhere. I had my reasons for going for some time and it has given me more experience to develop RP for myself to see how other communities work. that was my reason and well to come back here and see it so dead saddens me, as this was my first RP experience, and I loved it here. I'm unsure of the exact rule changes and will be looking at them but surely that wouldn't drive a whole massive community like this away?????

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, kimmylou said:

I've read all these comments and agree with a lot, there is one point I'd like to put across, and that is yeah its September people have lives. and yeah totally agree with @Geisha can't force people to play a game, however. many many people are still filling up other RP servers! I for one am guilty of RPing elsewhere. I had my reasons for going for some time and it has given me more experience to develop RP for myself to see how other communities work. that was my reason and well to come back here and see it so dead saddens me, as this was my first RP experience, and I loved it here. I'm unsure of the exact rule changes and will be looking at them but surely that wouldn't drive a whole massive community like this away?????

in combination with the game it relies on being stale it did.
I myself started playing other games as well, altis life <- vehicles and can be supported by scripts mods everythings, and dayz didnt have that available.
Now it;struely desperate times but dayzrp is like a roach, doesnt die off that fast

34 minutes ago, jasperschellekens2 said:

Thanks for the information. This mod is free right? And scum.. i'm not sure if i would be able to play it with my shitty pc since i barely can run Dayz. Don't really have much money to spend on a new machine unfortunately.

- amd radeon hd 7870

image.png.5ea54527ee43567840ecce136c2a5b3b.png

Mod is free indeed

only arma 2 and arma 2: oa need to be bought

Share this post


Link to post

If only we would all get online and play, instead of feeling sorry about the state of the community. Even the number of people who have been posting on topics like this is enough by itself to get decent roleplay going.

40 minutes ago, jasperschellekens2 said:

Thanks for the information. This mod is free right? And scum.. i'm not sure if i would be able to play it with my shitty pc since i barely can run Dayz. Don't really have much money to spend on a new machine unfortunately.

- amd radeon hd 7870

image.png.5ea54527ee43567840ecce136c2a5b3b.png

Yes, the mod is free. @PalmtreeWhale has a great and simple guide on how to set up and connect. You can reach that by clicking here. You can also check if your PC can run certain games with the Can You Run It engine, here.

Edited by Semiazas

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, jasperschellekens2 said:

@Semiazas Thanks but the link you gave me refers me to this topic.

You are totally right about all of us getting online. So im just gonna do it. Perhaps others will join.

 

Sorry about the link mix-up, here is the correct one. I am glad that you have chosen to join up, hope to see you out there.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, kimmylou said:

I've read all these comments and agree with a lot, there is one point I'd like to put across, and that is yeah its September people have lives. and yeah totally agree with @Geisha can't force people to play a game, however. many many people are still filling up other RP servers! I for one am guilty of RPing elsewhere. I had my reasons for going for some time and it has given me more experience to develop RP for myself to see how other communities work. that was my reason and well to come back here and see it so dead saddens me, as this was my first RP experience, and I loved it here. I'm unsure of the exact rule changes and will be looking at them but surely that wouldn't drive a whole massive community like this away?????

You know how shit the rules were and add a shit game on that and then people getting banned for almost no reason (some not all everyone chill) 

Rule change was to late atm it should have been done back in april when it didt work

 

Most people play with friends or something like that if all your friends get banned whats the point in playing.

 

Idk with 0.63 and the new rules its probley gonna be some fun playing

Its probley worth a try

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Farmer-BorisRP said:

You know how shit the rules were and add a shit game on that and then people getting banned for almost no reason (some not all everyone chill) 

Rule change was to late atm it should have been done back in april when it didt work

 

Most people play with friends or something like that if all your friends get banned whats the point in playing.

 

Idk with 0.63 and the new rules its probley gonna be some fun playing

Its probley worth a try

Fully agree, it seems to be too little too late in terms of the changes.

The community went in a certain direction and that basically killed a lot of potential and the future of the place through new rules and random banning that was completely unnecessary. Add also that the game has been in 0.62 for over a year and you can see why no one plays this game, nothing has improved in over 2 years with the same bugs that has plagued the game since release.

Hopefully 0.63 comes and works out well but I wouldn't hold out hope of that. The community got stale the day when over 100 members that actually used their imagination to create unique groups and storylines were banned for a chicken meme. 

Also DayZRP has always been dying since 2013 :trolle:(just maybe this meme is coming true)

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 5:57 PM, Prince said:

This but unironically

Fully agree a ban wipe would be a good thing.... but lets be honest who in their right mind would return if they feel the ban was unjustified? (like most of the cases that have happened in the past few years)

The community image turned to shit and the respect members had (especially from member that were here and funded this place to keep going from the start and during the 2013 wave) has been diminished due to the actions that occurred.

Share this post


Link to post

Whether this community is going down for good or is being revived will be completely based on the attitude and actions of the few remaining players. I am not trying to be Mr. Positivity here handing out flowers and smiles - neither am I denying the fact that the current state of it all is grim - but negativity will not really get us anywhere if we want to restore at least a portion of the way things used to be. Personally, I would like to do my part in achieving so and if all of us do, it is bound to be effective.

Share this post


Link to post

I haven't played the mod since it was made into an RP server because I'm not a fan of Vanilla. I'm also not playing Desolation because A3 VOIP is dogshit, not to mention that when I did play, when the server was empty, my FPS dropped to 40 in the center of cherno, which you can expect to drop to 20-30 when the server would be full, which I consider unacceptable.

Share this post


Link to post

sounds good

Edited by bighamma15

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/11/2018 at 9:48 AM, Voodoo said:

 

Hopefully 0.63 comes and works out well but I wouldn't hold out hope of that. The community got stale the day when over 100 members that actually used their imagination to create unique groups and storylines were banned for a chicken meme. 

Don't forget the ones that purposely got themselves perma'd after being fed up with how they were being treated.  I think part of the issue is that the community has always had sort of an ego about it: There was always a sentiment that if people didn't want to conform exactly to how some in the community (staff) wanted, that they could just leave, and not many shed a tear if they got banned over minor infractions that added up. The community could afford to act that way when it had 3 servers full at peak time every day, but when the player volume dropped, the sentiment didn't evolve. When some of the most active players kept being banned over silly reasons, the community was really asking for stagnation. 

At this point, doubt that having a ban wipe would do much. Most people I know at least have either moved on, or probably wouldn't want to come back anyways. Even I'm just checking in out of curiosity, kind of hard to find motivation when all you're friends were banned and told they're not wanted. Think the community's seeing the result of that behavior, which doesn't help when compounded by DayZ not having aged well. 

Community's always bounded back before, and I was always one of the first to defend its longevity.... but I'm not sure about this one. Before, there was always something around the corner to look to. When mod was dying, it was standalone. When Standalone could become dry, there was always a major update that would peak people's interest again. When things became a little stale after updates, the community brought in a few decently popular streamers / youtubers to recruit more members. I've been out of the loop for a while now, but it doesn't seem like there's anything in the future that will bring back the numbers. Considering how long DayZ's been out, I doubt this new update will have the same effect as previous ones when the game was just released . The meme might have come true. 

Edited by Rick

Share this post


Link to post

Is it to late to come back ?? been a while for me i was in DayZRP when it was in Arma 2 before it went over to SA which was when i left for RL reasons . Hope i am not to late ?

Share this post


Link to post

Just gonna hop in here after ghosting from the community for a bit. No one really likes to talk about the real reason most of the people left. Yes the game is shit....like dog shit, and .063 is suppose to make it all so much better. Well most of the people decided to poof away due to the over and constant BULLSHIT OOC hate that came from some specific peeps. Now I'm not going to name peeps cause in all honesty It'll do no good. Just realize this game being shit is not the hugest reason peeps left just saying.

Share this post


Link to post

I wouldn’t necessarily say dead

30584C1F-CC11-40E3-A64A-E2F09F9A784D.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, UndergroundLV said:

last night I was shocked to see the pop has risen so quickly I cannot wait to see more groups and different characters , it is a new beginning for DayZRP ?

One of the oldest and finest of groups may just be set to return, though I believe they are from a time when you were not a member of DayZRP yet. Either way, you are in for a treat. Be on the lookout.?

Share this post


Link to post

We're back, baby!

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...