Server time: 2018-09-26, 15:35

Roland

DayZ World

Day by day I sat and watched as the basis of this platform that I loved - the games themselves - went deeper into silence. I was feeling robbed of something dear to me, and in some cases even physically being robbed would not hurt as much. Now that I see this, I cannot help but feel hopeful. I really would love it to work, this time at least. I am not expecting a return to the days of old, I just want to move ahead with what we have and what we can have.

Thank you @Roland for coming up with DayZ World. I wish I was familiar with SQF scripting so I could be of proper help in the development, though I am ready to assist in any other capacity. Let us hope DayZ World does not share the same fate as WestWorld, heh.

So are the Arma servers currently on different maps or is that something that is coming?

Cool idea btw :3

8 minutes ago, Oisin said:

So are the Arma servers currently on different maps or is that something that is coming?

Cool idea btw :3

DayZ Mod is on old school original Chernarus, while DayZ Desolation is on Chernarus Redux. Maps may change later on, so for example for a lore event we may change DayZ Mod to Utes.

*Puts his survivor 3 skin on*
Time to carry Brian's Light again.

@Semiazas SQF scripting is not that hard to familiarize with if it interests you, give it a try, it's quite fun!
I'd be up for scripting if I wasn't quite busy.

But I could try it out if If there are simple scripts needed?
Just small scripts that aren't a project on it's own.

Honestly this move is way to late to make, Arma 2 MOD hype is pretty much gone with a majority of people wanting it back are either permed or gone. We only have a small player base on the forums now even and now we are going to divide that into 4 different servers? 

I'm sure the community has had its dips but has it ever had 0 players? Think the to big to fail mentality has kind of fucked up alot, these changes are good and they would work IF they were sooner like a few months ago when people were complaining and asking for changes. I don't need to link the threads for that either.

Let's hope these things pull through but community confidence is pretty low right now if not non existent.

So, did I misunderstand all this or is the Desolation server in a playable state at the moment? It seems to be online on the Home page but I just want to make sure that it is not simply online for tinkering purposes.

4 minutes ago, Semiazas said:

So, did I misunderstand all this or is the Desolation server in a playable state at the moment? It seems to be online on the Home page but I just want to make sure that it is not simply online for tinkering purposes.

It's online and working. There should be a ton of vehicles and zombies, so go out there and explore. Item spawning needs some tweaking though, since loot doesn't spawn in custom buildings yet.

4 minutes ago, Roland said:

It's online and working. There should be a ton of vehicles and zombies, so go out there and explore. Item spawning needs some tweaking though, since loot doesn't spawn in custom buildings yet.

I shall do so, as soon as the mods are downloaded. Much appreciated.

After you broached this, I am very excited.

With having 3 different "maps" in 3 different games characters can "travel" between locations. Instead of having a char. "leave" the country you can physically take a character to a different country now. I believe this will open up a lot of RP opportunities. 

While each game is different with it's mechanics and feel, it'll be a fun way to say "Well, I'm bored of playing in SA. So let's take a trip to A2/A3 and play there for a bit." 

@Spartan @DrMax Once these are running, I expect us to all travel all over! >:D 

Ehm idk about Arma 2 

But arma 3 is good I guess 

Any chance of a takistan life server? That'd be fun

Ah yes Arma 3 FINALLY!

You know ill be playing this, get some devs on it itll be perfect.

The arma 3 server's zombies are completely broken ATM

8 minutes ago, Prince said:

The arma 3 server's zombies are completely broken ATM

Can confirm. The loot spawns are also a bit all over the place and there is something weird going on with the vehicles. None of the ones I have found seem to be interactable, and they are graphically 'busted'; i.e. their dashboards seem to be either missing or strapped to a side door.

1 minute ago, Semiazas said:

Can confirm. The loot spawns are also a bit all over the place and there is something weird going on with the vehicles. None of the ones I have found seem to be interactable, and they are graphically 'busted'; i.e. their dashboards seem to be either missing or strapped to a side door.

Take in mind ArmA is open to our own development, and honestly if we did not take developement into our own hands I would be dissapointed. We do not have to be stuck with these poor zombies.

30 minutes ago, Brady said:

Take in mind ArmA is open to our own development, and honestly if we did not take developement into our own hands I would be dissapointed. We do not have to be stuck with these poor zombies.

Agreed. I am not complaining, though - if I know anything about DayZRP management and devs, it is the fact that they are effective and hardworking so I know it will all be sorted out soon.

Heeey. I might come back now. I like this idea

Edited by DarkStyle

2 minutes ago, DarkStyle said:

Heeey. I might come back now. I like this idea

See, people? It is already working.:trolle:

As new as I may be I think this is a bad idea.  Although it seems so far that people are attracted to the idea, how long will that attraction last?  While there may be a short increase in people overall across the new servers, spreading out to multiple game servers will only decrease the player base in the long run.

Hey @Roland if you want any of the old dev files for the ARMA 2 mod from when Igi and I were working on it just yell out. From memory iv still got it all. Base building, sickness and all, even tha patcher for install and joining the servers.

Good idea, I wouldn't overdo it with the servers though. Multiple options are a good thing but too many will spread the player base out too much. @Ghost and @Moxy should have lots of dev stuff for Arma2 mod. 

@J.D. nice to see you around. 

Load up the original DayZRP mod onto ArmA 2 rather than starting from scratch, it was perfect.

As for the complaints of splitting up the already small current playerbase, it has to get worse before it gets better.

Positivity lads.

Some reason I cant connect to the mod server, kinda sucks