Jump to content
Server time (UTC): 2019-12-15, 19:40 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
ScarRP

Why don't you get in game?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, lemonade319 said:

Maybe it'd be realistic, but this is still a game at the end of the day. It's never going to be 100% realistic.

This is a ROLE PLAY game. I believe the sole purpose of this server should be to make it as realistic as possible. Hence why you are NEVER allowed to be out of character. If its not realistic then its not believable and one thing I despise is when people try to RP something that doesn't make any sense at all.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Crazy_Corwin said:

This is a ROLE PLAY game. I believe the sole purpose of this server should be to make it as realistic as possible. Hence why you are NEVER allowed to be out of character. If its not realistic then its not believable and one thing I despise is when people try to RP something that doesn't make any sense at all.

I assume you RP every bodily function and every injure to retrieve in game to a T right? There are certain things that simply can't happen in the game. Yes unrealistic RP should be removed but I don't think you understand what you're doing when you ask for KoS zones on military bases. Don't like the amount of military weapons people have? Go stop them, with the new rules you can rob them for their guns. Make a faction that holds down the airfields, stops people from looting them idk. Get creative or something.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, lemonade319 said:

I assume you RP every bodily function and every injure to retrieve in game to a T right? There are certain things that simply can't happen in the game. Yes unrealistic RP should be removed but I don't think you understand what you're doing when you ask for KoS zones on military bases. Don't like the amount of military weapons people have? Go stop them, with the new rules you can rob them for their guns. Make a faction that holds down the airfields, stops people from looting them idk. Get creative or something.

Years ago this server had KOS locations and it was the best thing they ever did. To answer your question, Yes I RP everything from being injured to being sick and hungry. Something ells we need is limitations on characters. Its freaking annoying how everyone is Ex military, or a DR. And dont try to tell me that those are the only people that would survive. It flat out is the same crappy characters over and over again. There needs to be a point where the admins simply say no, 95% of the characters on this server are the same exact thing. I LOVE when I find someone who was a fisherman, child, or a NORMAL person who literally just survived. But everyone wants to RP the heroes, everyone wants to be the military, mercenary, DR, or crazies. If everyone plays the same thing over and over again then offcourse the RP will be stale.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Crazy_Corwin said:

Years ago this server had KOS locations and it was the best thing they ever did. To answer your question, Yes I RP everything from being injured to being sick and hungry. Something ells we need is limitations on characters. Its freaking annoying how everyone is Ex military, or a DR. And dont try to tell me that those are the only people that would survive. It flat out is the same crappy characters over and over again. There needs to be a point where the admins simply say no, 95% of the characters on this server are the same exact thing. I LOVE when I find someone who was a fisherman, child, or a NORMAL person who literally just survived. But everyone wants to RP the heroes, everyone wants to be the military, mercenary, DR, or crazies. If everyone plays the same thing over and over again then offcourse the RP will be stale.

I never remember this server having KoS zones, atleast back in the mod days and early standalone. Yeah it can be pretty irritating but that's what your gonna get. Everyone playing are essentially playing their own fiction, so ofc they're gonna be the heroes/main character of their story. So you're gonna get alot of people like that. You can't expect everyone to play side characters just so you can see more average joes. You will have to play Stalker or Metro, or something like that for that kind of experience. 

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Crazy_Corwin said:

Years ago this server had KOS locations and it was the best thing they ever did. 

 

This server has never had KOS zones in SA just KOSing while there were no logs back in 2014.

Edited by Eagle

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Crazy_Corwin said:

Years ago this server had KOS locations and it was the best thing they ever did.

I've been here actively since January of 2015 and we've never had KOS locations. At one point Rolle did try a sort of safe zone area if my memory serves me right but they didn't work out either. 

Share this post


Link to post

Waiting for .63, as simple as that. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Crazy_Corwin said:

Years ago this server had KOS locations and it was the best thing they ever did. 

God, i wish tat were true 

Share this post


Link to post

Edited the whole post after thinking about it more... wanted to rephrase a few things...

Having KOS zones at a military base sounds like an interesting concept, but not plausible with the games current condition. I like the appeal of the whole "King of The Hill" kind of thing, where groups can fight to control it. (Suggestion thought - Good way to distinguish where the "KOS Line" is , anyone inside the walls of a military base is KOS, anyone outside the fence, more so specifically clearly leaving/face-away from the base are safe.)

I must say, I find it annoying almost every player I encounter has an AK, M4, or SVD...  You have farmers, doctors, other untrained civilians, etc running around with military gear, and it needs to stop... it's just stupid in my opinion and doesn't sense to their characters entirely... Sure anyone can find a gun, but will they know how to use and maintain it effectively?

One of the groups I miss and absolutely loved were the VDV, they controlled the civilian population from having military arms. It was great too!

 

Edited by Camokid95
Edited the whole post after thinking about it more... wanted to rephrase a few things...

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Camokid95 said:

I have zero problem with military zones being a KOS zone. It will feel like a King of The Hill kind of thing, where groups can fight to control it. I find it annoying almost every player I encounter has an AK, M4, or SVD, you have farmers, doctors, etc running around with military gear, it needs to stop... it's just stupid...

I absolutely loved the VDV, they controlled the civilian population from having military arms. It was great too..

Good way to distinguish where the "KOS Line" is , anyone inside the walls of a military base is KOS, anyone outside the fence, more so specifically clearly leaving/face-away from the base are safe.

I think they shouldn't be KOS zones, but if a group wants to control it, they have to man it and defend it, and when people come their way, send them away and if they do not comply within guidelines of good RP they can deal with them as necessary

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Combatsmithen said:

I think they shouldn't be KOS zones, but if a group wants to control it, they have to man it and defend it, and when people come their way, send them away and if they do not comply within guidelines of good RP they can deal with them as necessary

Yeah, I actually ended up editing my post after you already replied... I like the concept of KOS zones at military bases, but I wouldn't want it in the game's current state... Maybe once it hits 0.63 --- Battling over bases does sound fun though... The problem is, if you tell the intruder to go away, and they come back from a different entry point---couldn't they shoot you in the back for telling them to leave? I guess a direct threat would be required to do so..

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Camokid95 said:

Yeah, I actually ended up editing my post after you already replied... I like the concept of KOS zones at military bases, but I wouldn't want it in the game's current state... Maybe once it hits 0.63 --- Battling over bases does sound fun though... The problem is, if you tell the intruder to go away, and they come back from a different entry point---couldn't they shoot you in the back for telling them to leave? I guess a direct threat would be required to do so..

The goal of all RPers should be to minimize the killing of others, even if you are hostile RPing. When someone gets killed, and they get killed again and again by hostile RPers, they will avoid people and RP and much as possible. Eventually they will get bored, and leave. Getting killed over and over again is just not fun, its the reason we had the restrictive rules because people were sick of it, then hostile RPers got tired of barely being able to do anything for fear of a report, so now the rules have swung the total other direction. Hopefully people won't be shit and it will work it. It became so much of "oh he initiated I'm gonna kill him and have some short term fun" and people looking for any reason to kill someone.

Edited by Combatsmithen

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Combatsmithen said:

The goal of all RPers should be to minimize the killing of others, even if you are hostile RPing. When someone gets killed, and they get killed again and again by hostile RPers, they will avoid people and RP and much as possible. Eventually they will get bored, and leave. Getting killed over and over again is just not fun, its the reason we had the restrictive rules because people were sick of it, then hostile RPers got tired of barely being able to do anything for fear of a report, so now the rules have swung the total other direction. Hopefully people won't be shit and it will work it. It became so much of "oh he initiated I'm gonna kill him and have some short term fun" and people looking for any reason to kill someone.

There is a solution to not dying over and over, Press F2 or do as your told when you have a gun pointed to your head.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Eagle said:

There is a solution to not dying over and over, Press F2 or do as your told when you have a gun pointed to your head.

Well, I've had that not be the case many times.

Also, regardless people should be slower to just kill as soon as they are provided the ability to do so unless the person who is not complying is actively threatening their life with something. Makes for more interesting RP when there is a standoff.

Edited by Combatsmithen

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, Combatsmithen said:

Well, I've had that not be the case many times.

Also, regardless people should be slower to just kill as soon as they are provided the ability to do so unless the person who is not complying is actively threatening their life with something. Makes for more interesting RP when there is a standoff.

I'll be honest I would have no interest in putting my life at risk so the other chap has the change to blow my head of, if he doesn't listen to my demands then he's simply dead.
You wouldn't ask someone your robbing 15 different times before stabbing him if you wanted his Rolex would you now?

Edited by Eagle

Share this post


Link to post

I mean the server pop would go up if people would stop complaining on the forums and actually play the server. 

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, JakeRP said:

I mean the server pop would go up if people would stop complaining on the forums and actually play the server. 

Tee-hee.... yeah I still haven't gotten on yet --- i mean not for more than a few minutes since the rule update...

Share this post


Link to post

Because no one will pay me $500 for playing.

Oh wait

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Camokid95 said:

Having KOS zones at a military base sounds like an interesting concept

This would be interesting to see when beta releases, I for one would like to see this implemented. 

Share this post


Link to post

I wont lie, every day I want to get in game. I just can't find the motivation anymore. I tried to get on yesterday, but like how it is with me nowadays, shit keeps turning up for me to do. And I do have some days to myself, it's just the current state of the game - with all the promises of the dayz team - is just bringing me down. I have shit FPS, which isn't the real problem. Game crashes still when I open my inventory sometimes. The list can go on and we all know about it.

I guess the REAL reason is that when Anarchy first shut down -  and I admit I left before it did - that was when I started to lose all motivation to play. People I run into mostly run from me. I admit  there are those few who will the take the time and RP with, which I greatly appreciate. But    I   guess it's more fun with me when I'm running around with some sort of group. Doesn't really matter who I run with, as long as they aren't a group too friendly or too hostile. More like a tug of war between good and evil. Sometimes evil. Sometimes good.

 I'm open for hire. 

When I'm with a group, then yeah, I'll hop on nearly 24/7.

But, as of right now, just waiting to see who I could be interested in joining.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Ignore

Edited by Jango

Share this post


Link to post

I've been on for awhile now but less and less for each day that passes, sometimes for just minutes. The reasons for me is obvious

 

  • Lack of players (despite trying to populate the server yourself, and lack of commitment by the staff members, whom most of them have not been on for days or weeks)
  • Stale RP (Same people to encounter and interact with over and over again, these tend to be the people thats actually trying to put life back into the server.)
  • No motivation to get on as often.
  • Trying not to burn myself out on Dayz till .63 
  • People take some IC interactions to heart and it becomes OOC hate (ingame and on forum), If i want drama i'll stick to the Kardashians thank you very much.
Edited by DeaconRP
add a point

Share this post


Link to post

I haven't been here in ages, but I had one of the greatest times of my gaming life on here on DayZRP. Really sad, that it seems to be dying atleast judging by the player count ?

Share this post


Link to post

I'm gonna try and get into game today for a little while. Have to go to the dentist first and do some school shit+ learn guitar

Edited by Combatsmithen

Share this post


Link to post

I still play on the server but no where near as much as I used to.  between work and school cutting into my time, I also have faced many of the same issue others have ran into.

- Stale role play.

- A lack of people to role play with.  Not really anyone gets on anymore.  As a person who plays a medical character more often than anything else, its hard to want to play when there is no one to treat.

- A lack of anything to do.  With barely any factions left or any major story progression it is kinda boring in game for lack of a better term.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...