Server time (UTC): 2020-01-22, 09:43 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Roland

Lore poll

Lore poll  

223 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

New lore? Sure - I'd like a restart.
As you know I'm UN biased, but not even 3 weeks in and there was a group to make it old lore everyone against UN. As well as others making characters say they killed others.
Information at the start of the lore was literally trying to milk a dead cow. (Yeah,  can you imagine how fucking difficult that was?)
If there are loremasters for the new lore, there should be one assigned to 2 military or medical government groups so they're responsible. Since radio chatter was pretty much a cluster fuck since it was mainly one loremaster trying to juggle it in the middle.
Lore should have the lore infection already written as well as the other important parts (if people want to list that) so no confusion happens.

Depending on if the lore is set in present day or not.

I am all for a new lore popping up and quite frankly I think we need it.

Between all of the war story lines between groups that went no where as well as infection and world lore coming to a grinding halt, I really see no point in continuing with this current lore and story line.  To partly agree with @Geisha above me, The UN and other groups who tried to push forward infection lore, were sort of how you say "dead on arrival", due to either getting caught up in conflicts to where they couldn't push lore forward, or having a hard time getting updates on the lore.  If there is a new lore there NEEDS to be a major focus on progressing both infection and world lore.  Save the whole declaring war on governments, military, medical people, and scientists till AFTER the infection lore in finished.

I do want to say that with option 5 that both options can coexist. Players can create content and their own personal goals to accomplish meanwhile the whole server can also have one large, long term goal as well.

No lore wipe but a jump in time would be cool

My own opinion is that I wouldn't mess with complex lore alternatives, or even a reset, until we have our own Mod: then we can plan what we can do with the extra tools, once we know what are the actual capabilities of these tools and what's our own reach given limited time and resources. A reset would accomplish little, just like the last one, while taking a lot of work to implement.

That said, I can see a time skip/jump in time in the current Lore as a great tool to accomplish nearly the same effect a Lore reset would, without the hassle of having to redo everything or the amount of work involved. Implement it just after 0.63 launches to stable, and you will be able to have a "new" setting that allows the newcomers to convincingly mingle while not denying old users the hard work put on their established characters.

Edited by MatthewFC

1 hour ago, KyleRP said:

No lore wipe but a jump in time would be cool

Depending on how far the jump, is we may have to kill off some of our characters due to the logical conclusion that average life span has been cut in half due to all the wars in the lore, the infection, and the lack\shortage of a lot of modern meds.  Say your character now is about 35, depending on the time jump he could be 40, 40, 50.  Can someone that old really survive with all of those factors stacked against them?

With all of those factors it seems like the life expectancy would be between 45 - 60 by my math.

Edited by Tiviyl

Honestly....this goes against a few of my principals but fuck it I say:

A far more liberal approach to the lore and concepts. If people want to RP out a character and can make sense in the world. Allow the concept.

A jump into the far future. I say 50-100 years into the future. People born and breed in the outbreak. Leaving few to no real "former survivors". Let's push this away from the mil-sim and more towards real post-apoc raider/fallout/mad Max movements.

Less secret governments from fallen countries to new and evolved countries and groups being formed. Push the focus away from the past and more towards the unknown. The past does not matter as nobody can remember it anymore. Push towards that style of game and "lore" will be so much easier to maintain....will explain a lack of everything and how things are dying down. Bring me a true apoc game.

Just now, Stagsview said:

-snip-

Honestly, if this is pulled off correctly...it could be so fucking cool. But it would require a lot of work on the lore side of things to make it work out well. 

Then again, maybe that'd be good for us - try out the new rule set soon, all while we get some people to work on creating the world we've lived in for the last 50-100 years. The more I think about it, the more I'd be pumped for something like that.

Well it dosent mather if we do a lore wipe or a time jump becose everything are just gonna be the same after a month its just gonna drop peoples motivation

Just now, BorisRP said:

Well it dosent mather if we do a lore wipe or a time jump becose everything are just gonna be the same after a month its just gonna drop peoples motivation

why? what most people are suggesting, is something fresh and new? the reason for the previous lore wipe was different.

the purpose of this time jump/lore wipe or whatever would be to do the opposite of this, give people a stepping stone for a new flavour of RP

Honestly a jump with our current lore I would be okay with. I would hate to see a lore wipe happen, after all the effort @Major and his loremaster team put together. I personally would feel a bit flipped off if another lore wipe happened.

THINK OF THE MAJOR! 

5 minutes ago, Flapjack said:

why? what most people are suggesting, is something fresh and new? the reason for the previous lore wipe was different.

the purpose of this time jump/lore wipe or whatever would be to do the opposite of this, give people a stepping stone for a new flavour of RP

It may be something new. People hyped in the beggining. Its gonna be pretty mutch the same rp just under a diffrent time tbh. Theres really no reason to change the lore things are just gonna go the same way either way 

Just now, BorisRP said:

It may be something new. People hyped in the beggining. Its gonna be pretty mutch the same rp just under a diffrent time tbh. Theres really no reason to change the lore things are just gonna go the same way either way 

that's a negative attitude though. the sort of negative attitude which results in it just returning to the same old.

think of it this way; if we provide people with a 50-100 year future timeline - you'll get to hear numerous rumours/stories of the old times, with more flexibility of the types of groups you can make. our old society will become a long lost myth, and people will find new ways to develop the world's story.

I personally really hope that if we do get something like that, that we as the playerbase; won't just take it for granted, and will play our part in the story. it would be a massive opportunity to freshen things up, and develop a huge new world. if people take that opportunity for granted...that's on them.

I can see possibilities in all these options, but personally I'd love to see a new lore with "down the line" goal for people to work towards (or against). The open ended RP is great, and I enjoy seeing people's stories unfold, but I wouldn't mind seeing something entirely new on DayZRP.

As for wipes and all that, I have to admit, I don't expect much to be different after a couple months, either, but that's not to say that I would be against it happening. I missed out on the last wipe, so to me personally it could be a fun experience.

23 hours ago, Sleepyhead said:

Does this mean we'll be seeing Lore Masters reintroduced? 

I'd be a great loremaster.

Nice poll Rolando

I prefer to move the lore back. Back to the past so we don’t have to bother with things that are not present in game that are supposed to be present based on our time line. 

Cell phones ... for one. 

Military Advances. Medical advances. Etc. things we can reign in and dole out accordingly.

I don’t mind if the outbreak has been going on for a bit during a new lore. But yeah. I guess if we were to make any changes we have to wipe the current lore completely. Sucks do a new one so early but if it has to be done so be it ... 

If we are not going to have LMs again then we cannot hope to progress the in world state and lore. We need official stances on things from outside of SZ either way that affect players stuck in SZ. 

Zombie infection causes, cures, world stances on the state of SZ, how other countries are handling the outbreak, etc. 

Otherwise we will have people just puting about without any real idea about over world lore goals. Which will lead to boredom for those who have characters based on critical info from major groups or parties from outside of SZ. That or we are essentially saying “anyone” can summon lore events like bombings, cures and shit. Which. Uh. Yeah no. Hard no.

I believe as staff we we need to provide some structure and input for players to engage in and use for their RP. At least somethings and some events tailored toward the lore. 

TLDR; no to future lore. Clean wipe of current lore. No to sci-fi lore. Hyper realism only. Push back the time line to the 70/80/90’s. Don’t care if the infection has been going on for a while of just started. 

While i too was also a fan of the staff team guiding RP and helping the community grew it is sadly a small factor of the community that really care for this hands on approach, while many state they do, few actually act and care for it. We need to encourage a more free approach to RP. This "hyper realism" is an opinion and it is a very elitist mentality in what RP should be. RP is about encouraging entertainment values for all and to be free to enjoy storylines and entertainment for others. I would rather experience something that makes little sense but fun but something that is completely logical and boring. But as we say here: Gusto a colores. Basically...each to their own taste. But wiping back again to the past as we have tested before three times now does not bring anything new. Only UN, NAPA, CDF, American and russian armies. Mil groups. Does the community really want more mil groups and more basic "survivors" with this ultra-realism? Or do we want to push into encouraging more outstanding ideas out there for the sake of RP and entertainment.

I'd love to see a time skip from the current stage we are at now. That would be interesting and explains some changes around the map once 0.63 hits. But at the same time a LW would be nice too! 

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 8:57 PM, Geisha said:

If there are loremasters for the new lore, there should be one assigned to 2 military or medical government groups so they're responsible. Since radio chatter was pretty much a cluster fuck since it was mainly one loremaster trying to juggle it in the middle.

Basically this. This would be a nice idea to kick start of a new lore wipe and maybe it can help develop the lore this time. It would be nice to have Loremasters back too for it! 

The problem I have with a time jump into the 22nd century is that either everything is going to have decayed beyond most recognition, with overgrowth present everywhere. Or Human civilization will have recouped back to a point where there is at least a form of government, food production and schools across SZ, if not more advanced than that. Both require heavy modding, so it's a no on the century long time jump from me.

A generation jump would be pretty cool, so people could be born in the apocalypse, or have people old enough to have been through the whole 1st outbreak ordeal

I think if we did the whole start from day one on the Arma universe thing it would be cool, a little recycled but good. Un and NATO groups are pretty sick so I wouldn’t mind seeing some of that, seeing other options would be good too however 

I wouldn't go as far as virtual reality. But stretching a little bit to make fallout like groups avaiable could be a solution.

To be honest I don't think the current lore doesn't allow of creating groups that would worship zombies, groups that would gather tech or try to secure locations like power plants/mines (like BoS) or, I don't know, group of people thinking they share a nightmare and will wake up. Almost everything will be good with a roleplay behind it - not different groups with super original goals looking great on paper, but in game you can't tell the difference.

We should also remember that if we start from day 0 it wouldn't make sense to have those kind of groups so soon after the outbreak. Sure - some religious nuts that were waiting for the end of times. But Kingdom, BoS or something a like - it would take time for people to understand that the whole world fell apart and there's no going back. Right now we are more then a year into apocalypse. This is a decent amount of time that should pass before somebody goes medieval

And... before the lore wipe I would see how people react to rule change. A lot of people were saying this is the nr.1 reason (maybe equally to friends banned/left) that prevents them from playing. It's all good to make a lore wipe but if people will really start playing - not only share their opinions on forum and even after changes being made never get into the game.

Edited by DerrickStorm

20 hours ago, DrMax said:

I'd love to see a time skip from the current stage we are at now. That would be interesting and explains some changes around the map once 0.63 hits.

*a few years go by*
*North-West airfield has completely changed, new hangers, pipes, runway, etc., and Cherno, Balota, Elektro, etc., have completely been re-aranged*

"Yeah, time do be like that sometimes."

Honestly as much as I'd like a fast-wordward to a completely overgrown, almost "The Last of Us" esque Chernarus, it is sadly not possible currently. Maybe in the future once modding comes and and we may or may not be able to moddify and change the map this is something we could do, but as of now I do not see this being possible. And even if we did it would be extremely hard and akward to roleplay out. "*You may or may not notice that the entire world is destroyed*".

Well... from what I understand from RP in general, changes like that shouldn't be acknowledged in game. Map changes, town changes, mechanics changes, server crashes that change the time of the day...

Just now, DerrickStorm said:

Well... from what I understand from RP in general, changes like that shouldn't be acknowledged in game. Map changes, town changes, mechanics changes, server crashes that change the time of the day...

Yes, but it would be extremely akward having to run around pretending 50% of the buildings are completely gone and or ruined beyond point of recognition.