Server time: 2017-10-23, 00:49
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Ego

Application to create a clan

Ego    1

Personally I think that with the massive influx of new players, we are also getting swamped with new clans. I think it would be better if you need to have played on the server for a certain amount of time before you are allowed to create a clan it would mean that more mature players who want to put time into the community creates the clans instead of people who join and then leave the community a couple days later.

Idk just seems like it would organise the game and forums a little bit

Hmm, I do not see the harm in a lot of clans. As long as they abide by the rules.

DayZRP is great because it doesn't, or at least it tries not to, restrict you in what you can roleplay. And yes, there is a bit of clutter on the forums, hut you don't have to look at it. If a clan does something wrong in the game, then you can report them, but otherwise I do not see the problem.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

I disagree, the clan i co-founded with another player is fairly new (this month) and it is thriving

Vasily Malyy    10

I kind of agree. It's going to get hard to keep up with all new clans thinking they're tough shit.

Me - "Hey, who are you?"

New Clan A Member -"You don't know who I am? Look at my arm! I'm New Clan A!"

Me - *Looks on the forums*

Forums - *Clan was formed less than an hour ago.*

I kind of agree. It's going to get hard to keep up with all new clans thinking they're tough shit.

Me - "Hey, who are you?"

We all have to start somewhere. The Brotherhood is quite new as well, isn't it? :P

TightPants    0

There will be new clans as new players come in. Some are created because everyone wants to be the leader of a clan, some are created because several members from a clan that has existed before in other server are joining. Some perish and some live on. But the problems come when there is too many clans that are basically the same but with different name.

Vasily Malyy    10

Me - "Hey, who are you?"

We all have to start somewhere. The Brotherhood is quite new as well, isn't it? :P

I guess, but we're not allowing new members.

Recki    1

I guess most of those new clans will die because of no members or only a few. All those who have a good concept will survive it and you will enjoy meeting different people and groups ingame :P

DayZRP is great because it doesn't, or at least it tries not to, restrict you in what you can roleplay.

Unless you don't want your character to share his full name.

Guest Grumby   
Guest Grumby

Maybe not how long you have played but just a decent background story application like the whitelist.

+1 on the general idea though

Meatlunk    0

I think it's still okay for now. But they could add u have to be whitelisted for a month or something like that.

Zhunk    2

There's no need of that, clans that aren't successful just disappear after a short time. And as Gijs said, rules that restrict the clans will harm the "RP".

No. Making it so players can't create a clan on the server unless they've been here for awhile is an awful idea, time on the server means nothing if you don't care about roleplaying.

Although I don't have a problem with clans having to be screened so their backstory actually makes sense, or their page doesn't look like this nightmare.