Server time (UTC): 2020-01-19, 11:48 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
JoshuaKav

SCUM RP ?

Joshua my bro, this gon' be a side project that'll die out within a week.

Edited by Banshee

2 minutes ago, Banshee said:

Joshua my bro, this gon' be a side project that'll die out within a week.

Mostly because of attitudes like that. 

I honestly don't see why you're so opposed to trying new things, I think a Scum server would be great and surely more enjoyable than SA in its current state or any state for that matter.

Game looks great, no reason not to try something like this out.

Looks cool and all, but what really determines whether we open a RP server is due to many things such as; Server Control. We need to be able to have moderate control over the Server, access to logging, accessing to settings, ability to inject certain things and setup, etc etc. 

Secondly, popularity. How popular will the game be? How many people will play it? Average daily player count and peak players? Will it stay consistent? Etc. Launch interest does NOT dictate continued interest. Many fad games launch strong then die out rather quickly. 

Often times games will get only so far before petering out, or they'll release in a alpha or "Early Access" phase with limited to no control which this game is, and we cannot monitor or access reporting information on the Server we rent or house with.

I love seeing new games, with updated graphics and tons of customization but sadly any game that goes that far seems to get stuck in Early Access without ever really moving forward and either interest dies out before it gets released or it gets left behind.

It's all out of Roland's pocket the money comes to rent the Server, get the setup, maintain it, work on it, learn it's tools, etc. The pros have to outway the cons, and right now I do not believe we have enough info on how well it will do in order to suddenly invest in a Private Server if they even offer those to the public.

Maybe we can revisit this game when we have more information on it and we can see how well it does. But for now, I can tell you it's more than likely going to be a no. But like I said, it's all on Roland's wallet so he has the final say. 

It's not DayZRP....if it's not on DayZ.....other platforms are pointless IMO, DayZ is always going to be the most interesting especially with its realism. 

Edited by Cobe

6 minutes ago, Brayces said:

Looks cool and all, but what really determines whether we open a RP server is due to many things such as; Server Control. We need to be able to have moderate control over the Server, access to logging, accessing to settings, ability to inject certain things and setup, etc etc. 

Secondly, popularity. How popular will the game be? How many people will play it? Average daily player count and peak players? Will it stay consistent? Etc. Launch interest does NOT dictate continued interest. Many fad games launch strong then die out rather quickly. 

Often times games will get only so far before petering out, or they'll release in a alpha or "Early Access" phase with limited to no control which this game is, and we cannot monitor or access reporting information on the Server we rent or house with.

I love seeing new games, with updated graphics and tons of customization but sadly any game that goes that far seems to get stuck in Early Access without ever really moving forward and either interest dies out before it gets released or it gets left behind.

All off these pointers sound odly familiar ?

That game looks awesome, but the only way I see a side project working is if a decently sized youtuber plays and uploads videos on it.

Or if the game is a big hit and has tens of thousands of people playing it.

Edited by Puncture

I was never in my life so confused by a trailer before. Spaceships filming snipers killing lunatics chasing fat guys so a robot can turn them into zombies? What the hell just happened?

24 minutes ago, ExoticRainbow said:

Mostly because of attitudes like that. 

I honestly don't see why you're so opposed to trying new things, I think a Scum server would be great and surely more enjoyable than SA in its current state or any state for that matter.

But as stated in every Sideproject thread; "This is a DayZ Standalone RP community, people come here for DayZ Standalone RP and not ARMA3, Unturned, etc.".

I'm not opposed to it, I have always been for the Sideprojects and have even played them. But they always died out and I found myself playing on an empty ARMA 3 server waiting for people to join.

Just now, Banshee said:

But as stated in every Sideproject thread; "This is a DayZ Standalone RP community, people come here for DayZ Standalone RP and not ARMA3, Unturned, etc.".

I'm not opposed to it, I have always been for the Sideprojects and have even played them. But they always died out and I found myself playing on an empty ARMA 3 server waiting for people to join.

A long time ago people came for a mod on an Arma 2 Game we still switched to standalone.

Just now, ExoticRainbow said:

A long time ago people came for a mod on an Arma 2 Game we still switched to standalone.

Had more to do with legal reasons and other stuff, but still. It's a DayZ SA RP Community and not anything else. I'm not against this and by all means try it, I'm just being realistic and warning you that it'll most likely die out within a week or two.

6 minutes ago, Eagle said:

- Snippery Snop.- 

tumblr_inline_n1bexuRADf1rqidm8.gif

Yeah, but for real that's our brand name and what we're known for. So  ... Yeah, of course we're gonna keep the DayZ name and you know ... Keep playing DayZ and keep the site and content around the DayZ name and the game. Even if it's been slow and frustrating from development. We've been DayZ related since we launched allll the way back in Mod back when interest in the mod and the game were at a peak and stayed that way for a long while before it died down.

So, we're gonna keep being DayZ until it's either shut down by Bohemia or Roland decides on a ~* REBRAND*~ for this site, or simply move everyone over to CitadelRP going forward.

ScumRP would have to be on CitadelRP anyways. Not listed here under side projects. 

16 minutes ago, Brayces said:

-snip-

received_2260671450626162.thumb.jpeg.d67aa0d552ddeab1174a050ea0b2caf7.jpeg

I wasn't talking about the brand but the fact that DayZ SA has litterly all of those issues and is slowly dying out.

Scum seems interesting so why not make a side project out of it? To take our minds of DayZ for a bit like we've done in the past.

Edited by Eagle
Adding stuff

10 minutes ago, Eagle said:

- Snip.-

I just stated the reasons why it may not be a side project, but in the end it's all up to the big red man, Roland. So! He has the final say, if he says no it could be some of the reasons I listed or it could be a simple, "No." And that's it. 

Just my take on how it may play out. 

SCUM looks like a very good game if it continues to progress the way it's been recently, but I don't think it's suitable for roleplay. The survival mechanics are very well developed and interesting, but there are only males models and the gameplay consists of a "hunger-games" like environment, also similar to Escape from Tarkov, where you are in an instance trying to survive for a period of time and then try to extract to safety.

On 8/14/2018 at 7:11 PM, Malet said:

I was never in my life so confused by a trailer before. Spaceships filming snipers killing lunatics chasing fat guys so a robot can turn them into zombies? What the hell just happened?

I was thinking the same thing actually.

No, i don't mean the people here are scum.
But should we roll over to Scum for a better player base? More forwardmoving game/game developer?
What do ya think?

Will never happen. Rolle already said DayZRP will always stay DayZRP. 

There is already a community called ScumRP.
Would be weird to play Scum on DayZRP.

Edited by Eagle

Already been done

No need to copy

The game looks good, but so did SA and we are living in that journey...

On a separate note I believe this was brought up in a previous thread and it was the general consensus that it wouldn't work out.

/Merged

I just don't think this will work. It looks like a sick game though!