Jump to content
Server time: 2019-01-20, 03:57 WE ARE RECRUITING
Pirate

Platform Switch Discussion

Recommended Posts

Hey im Pirate

I wanna talk about This Community and if it have any Value staying in this Current platform

So from 2013 - 2018 (i go by when i signed up for DayZRP)

The community and server usage has Decreased Due to the switch From DayZ mod to Dayz Standalone and its Development being slow and nothing new is happening

My Question to you is Do you honestly think that this Community are gonna be Revived by Standing the same ground?

or

Is it time to switch to a new more stable platform where people can put in their own stuff and make the Gameplay and RP more intresting

So what do you think? Is it time to Switch to a new Platform? or stay where we are now?

I would love you all to leave a comment below and Discuss it i want people to start thinking and giving Ideas What to do with the Community

In my personal Opinion Switching to a Platform like ArmA 3 Exile or a self made mod will probably help the community more Than now

 From what im noticing I see people online for 2-3 hours making it Medium Populated while in the past it was nearly full everyday for multiple hours

And i do Apologise if there is Threads like this

 

I will say from my Own Perspective that i dont play on the community as much not because i dont want to but Because i feel like its the same stuff with the Same Visuals over and over

Edited by Pirate

Share this post


Link to post

From what I have heard, a lot of people are waiting for .63 to come out and then they will be back. I think this topic would be better if revisited after beta. But that is just my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post

I would be happy to give Arma3 Exile a chance, also DayZ mod. I know people will say that side projects never work, etc.. but honestly what could the harm be at this point with such minimal activity?

Share this post


Link to post

I think Moving DayZRP to another platform with more freedom and less Restrictions would help alot when you think about it times wise

Right now Development team for DayZRP takes months apon month getting stuff in and For me in my Own Personal view the stuff they put is very Minimal

I think Moving either Temporarily or Permanently to another Platform with Modding rights will get this Community back on

What we waited on months ago could been done in maybe one month or two with browsing of mods or self developed

 

Again this is just my Opinion

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not sure I understand what you're suggesting. Are you suggesting DayzRP divert its focus to a different game entirely, and leave Dayz behind, or just start a new side project to trickle in new players? 

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Pirate said:

The community and server usage has Decreased Due to the switch From DayZ mod to Dayz Standalone and its Development being slow and nothing new is happening

Okaaay. First off, let's just establish that this is far from the truth. 

Honestly, I don't agree with this at all anyway. The main reason being..that's a fuck ton of work to get started. Not only is it a case of deciding a platform the majority are happy with, but also...we then have to found a whole new set of rules for in-game, a new lore, and invest a lot of money. That may only be a few things I've listed...but those a very big things. All for something which isn't guaranteed to be populated.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Syoto said:

I'm not sure I understand what you're suggesting. Are you suggesting DayzRP divert its focus to a different game entirely, and leave Dayz behind, or just start a new side project to trickle in new players? 

I do apologise if my Grammatic Writing arent the best but Im trying to Say if its Worth staying with a game such as DayZ Standalone or Change to something like ArmA 3 Exile and have a focus on that instead as At the moment the Development for Standalone are incredibly slow and Delayed as for ArmA Exile or other mod platforms Staff could determine when its time to put more stuff in and actually create a plan for Future add-ins Such as Base Building, and what not like Pleasent Game mechanics that will change a players way of playing

 

I dont know if that made it more clear but i tried atleast

 

7 minutes ago, Flapjack said:

Okaaay. First off, let's just establish that this is far from the truth. 

Honestly, I don't agree with this at all anyway. The main reason being..that's a fuck ton of work to get started. Not only is it a case of deciding a platform the majority are happy with, but also...we then have to found a whole new set of rules for in-game, a new lore, and invest a lot of money. That may only be a few things I've listed...but those a very big things. All for something which isn't guaranteed to be populated.

If you do think about it It has Decreased from 2013 where i started it was Daily on a high Population compared to now where maybe the average is at 20-30+ players SOMETIMES hitting 60 but for a very low period of time at least thats what im seeing from the Statistics 

https://prnt.sc/kh3ev1 (30 Days)

https://prnt.sc/kh3f20 (7 Days)

In the past it was usually higher than that and i know its only one month tracking but i still see it a few months ago aswell it was a little higher there though but again it was a short period where it reached that population

Edited by Pirate

Share this post


Link to post

I think Rolle has stated somewhere before on the forums that we will only switch if development for dayz is abandoned to another game I might be wrong here. Still, though it's a lot and setting up a new game and buying the game is also gonna cost the members more money. I'll agree the server has suffered some and it's not as active as it used to be. We're waiting for beta now and will it revive things? Who knows we can only hope for the best here. 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Pirate said:

If you do think about it It has Decreased from 2013 where i started it was Daily on a high Population compared to now where maybe the average is at 20-30+ players SOMETIMES hitting 60 but for a very low period of time at least thats what im seeing from the Statistics 

https://prnt.sc/kh3ev1 (30 Days)

https://prnt.sc/kh3f20 (7 Days)

In the past it was usually higher than that and i know its only one month tracking but i still see it a few months ago aswell it was a little higher there though but again it was a short period where it reached that population

The switch to standalone is not the reason we're struggling for population now. Bring us back to 2015-2017 and we had no problems with it.

I'm sorry, but it's nothing to do with standalone. At least, on its own.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Pirate said:

I do apologise if my Grammatic Writing arent the best but Im trying to Say if its Worth staying with a game such as DayZ Standalone or Change to something like ArmA 3 Exile and have a focus on that instead as At the moment the Development for Standalone are incredibly slow and Delayed as for ArmA Exile or other mod platforms Staff could determine when its time to put more stuff in and actually create a plan for Future add-ins Such as Base Building, and what not like Pleasent Game mechanics that will change a players way of playing

 

I dont know if that made it more clear but i tried atleast

 

Okay. I understand now. Personally however, I think switching to Arma 3 of all games is the worst thing to do. Arma 3 is notorious for running shit on even unmodded servers, it'll buckle if we use even the most basic mod packs on a 75 man exile server.

Then you've got to account for how long this will take to set up, the drama that will ensue because of it, and the population that will leave too. That's all for something that might just be a complete flop. I think a small exile server side project might be nice, but that's as far as I'd go.

At the end of the day, 0.63 won't save the game like people hope it will. They'll still have the same shit development cycle they currently have, and .64 probably won't come out till q1 2020 at this rate. I personally think the best way to get things active again is for the Dayz development team to focus majorly on mod support after .63, because, while it'll still be a sub par game, the community can add what it actually wants, and not be tied down by Bohemias atrocious development speed.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Flapjack said:

The switch to standalone is not the reason we're struggling for population now. Bring us back to 2015-2017 and we had no problems with it.

I'm sorry, but it's nothing to do with standalone. At least, on its own.

I wont say its all Standalones fault Though i will say this why are people waiting for 63? I think its because its new there is new things in it a Start on base building and what not and i know You dont really need Physical items to Roleplay but there is a Place and time where things gets unintresting for people cus who knows the members might see it from the same POV as me and want new visuals new products Products can give people Ideas for new Roleplay like the Sword and The Helmet for a Example

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Pirate said:

I wont say its all Standalones fault Though i will say this why are people waiting for 63? I think its because its new there is new things in it a Start on base building and what not and i know You dont really need Physical items to Roleplay but there is a Place and time where things gets unintresting for people cus who knows the members might see it from the same POV as me and want new visuals new products Products can give people Ideas for new Roleplay like the Sword and The Helmet for a Example

Well, people haven't been waiting for 0.63 since the switch to standalone..so.

I'm not saying I don't agree with the fact that a new platform would freshen things up. But, as I said in my first post; it's too much of an investment for something which may or may not fix it. Especially as I feel there are ways of building back up the playerbase without 0.63 or a platform switch.

Edited by Flapjack

Share this post


Link to post

Nice to meet the monthly quota of at least 1 topic about switching to Arma 3 or whatever. Jumping the ship now that we are somewhat close to getting a better DayZ with the .63 patch, would be madness. The population has gone up and down with new updates to the game and once .63 is released, the servers will be full again.

Unless BI decides to just trash DayZ or push the .63 update back a year or something, there is no reason for us to switch games.

Regardless of all that, switching to for example Arma 3, which is notorious for housing the absolute worst rp servers won’t do any good for the rep of the community. Even if we decided right now to start making a good playable rp mod that suits our needs, it would take a shitload of money and time and I bet .63 patch would be done by that time and we would have wasted all that money and time. Notice that I say money. Free Arma 3 developers are quite rare nowadays and the ones that you can find are pretty nasty to work with in the long term (or so have I heard). And oh, the idea of just putting up an exile server or whatever is not feasible because I bet we would have even less players on the server than now since there are a lot of other exile servers out there.

Also, once bohemia decides to give us modding with .63 stable, we will be able to add in those missing items and features fairly easily.

Idk I probably just repeated what everyone else said.

tldr: I know waiting is boring but ya gotta wait for the .63 patch. Jumping ship now isn’t reasonable and any investment now would be for nothing.

 

E: Oh and if you are interested in the longer explanation on why Arma 3 servers are a bad idea and why we should stick with dayz, refer to this post:

 

Edited by Kerkkoh

Share this post


Link to post

This type of thread again? it honestly gets nowhere. 63 is around the corner so there is really no point going through the hassle switching platforms when we don't even know what to come on the current platform. We will never switch, it's called DayZRP for a reason.

Edited by Cobe

Share this post


Link to post

@Roland already stated that DayZRP is and always will be a DAYZ only community, and other projects might be pushed on CitadelRP but it seems that even that was scrapped. I for myself think that Miscreated is very much ahead of DayZ as a survival game with roleplay potential as it already has solid base building mechanics.

Share this post


Link to post

Hopefully beta .63 will push more popularity onto the server 🙂

Share this post


Link to post

If shit doesn't go well, I would recommend Dead Matter honestly. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Kain said:

If shit doesn't go well, I would recommend Dead Matter honestly. 

After being shafted by DayZ being in Alpha for 4 years, you really think anyone would want to sink money into a kickstarter project for a roleplay community?

 

1521365970366.gif

Share this post


Link to post

We can all play on the Nintendo Switch.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, BambiRP said:

We can all play on the Nintendo Switch.

Or the Wii I heard wii sports is a quality rp game

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, EdgyNova said:

Or the Wii I heard wii sports is a quality rp game

Who needs voicechat!? Not Nintendo users that's for sure.

Share this post


Link to post

Can we just stop with these "DayZRP is in a low, please switch to a different game" threads? This has been the 100th thread I've seen and they always end the same. We've had ARMA3 servers more times than these threads have gone up and they've always ended up the same, 10 people play for a while and then the server dies. People come here for DayZ Standalone, if they wanted a ARMA3 DayZ Roleplaying server they'd look for one. Let's just wait and see what this game has to offer, I've heard future updates will add stuff like modding support, admin powers, etc,. Things that'll give us this "freedom" that everyone who makes these threads complains about. Enough of this...

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Banshee said:

Can we just stop with these "DayZRP is in a low, please switch to a different game" threads? This has been the 100th thread I've seen and they always end the same. We've had ARMA3 servers more times than these threads have gone up and they've always ended up the same, 10 people play for a while and then the server dies. People come here for DayZ Standalone, if they wanted a ARMA3 DayZ Roleplaying server they'd look for one. Let's just wait and see what this game has to offer, I've heard future updates will add stuff like modding support, admin powers, etc,. Things that'll give us this "freedom" that everyone who makes these threads complains about. Enough of this...

No harm in suggesting things especially when DayZ Standalone in it's current state is the most bland stale game ever.

Share this post


Link to post

Beta will bring some people back but even then people will get bored quickly and dissipate sooner than we'd probably like. It's too late for DayZ. 

Share this post


Link to post

.63 Stable will most likely fill the servers up for a few months, and if content creators don't come back it's gonna slowly die out after that.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×