Server time: 2017-10-21, 15:41
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
BorderLineGamer

Multiple Characters under one PID?

I was wondering if I would be able to have multiple characters under one PID? I would love to be able to have one character who is a part of a clan, but when i'm not in the mood for grouping up, I could change my profile name and become another character.

I can see how this may cause problems because of I could break NLR through using a new persona, but if I am mature enough to not do this, I can't see a problem.

So is there any problems with this?

Guest Slip   
Guest Slip

Yeah you can do this, just remember to not carry any OOC knowledge from one character to another :P

Yeah you can do this, just remember to not carry any knowledge from one character to another :P

Yay! Time to become Nathan Johnson!

Jess Newton    2

I have more than one character.. I have Jess Newton(Free Medic) Johnny Capone (Capone Crime Family) and Preston Stroud 'The Survival Expert)

There's nothing wrong with this as long as you can avoid metagaming. It's generally thought of as "advanced" roleplaying given the temptation to metagame.

There's nothing wrong with this as long as you can avoid metagaming. It's generally thought of as "advanced" roleplaying given the temptation to metagame.

Really depends on what you are going to do with your two characters though. Yes, it's going to be a problem if one character is in CLF and the other in S-GRU, but if you have one in a clan and the other as some survival expert, then I doubt you'll ever have to worry about metagaming.

I have one "main" character, which is an extention of myself and thus relatively easy to roleplay. Every once in a while I experiment with a character that's totally different from me. I've never even considered that metagaming might be a problem.

Really depends on what you are going to do with your two characters though. Yes, it's going to be a problem if one character is in CLF and the other in S-GRU, but if you have one in a clan and the other as some survival expert, then I doubt you'll ever have to worry about metagaming.

I have one "main" character, which is an extention of myself and thus relatively easy to roleplay. Every once in a while I experiment with a character that's totally different from me. I've never even considered that metagaming might be a problem.

When I say metagaming, I mean it's hard for most newer RPers to remember to keep what one character knows separate from another. Also, gear is bound to your GUID, not your profile, so all of your characters are going to physically possess the same gear.

When I say metagaming, I mean it's hard for most newer RPers to remember to keep what one character knows separate from another. Also, gear is bound to your GUID, not your profile, so all of your characters are going to physically possess the same gear.

I guess that's true. I just mean that there was never an occasion where I thought "oh, I should pretend I don't know this/him/her". It came naturally.

I thought of the gear thing myself. I think i'll only change characters when I die, to make it a little easier to RP the characters.

Jess Newton    2

I thought of the gear thing myself. I think i'll only change characters when I die, to make it a little easier to RP the characters.

Yeah i change characters after the death of one of them.