Server time: 2019-03-18, 14:26 WE ARE RECRUITING
Roland

Discord

2 hours ago, Whitename said:

Can we seriously bring it back though? I prefer it, much more. 

Why are you guys talking about slack on this thread? when you guys have your own staff forum section where you can post about it since this doesn't effect anyone but staff.

Edited by Eagle

4 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Why are you guys talking about slack on this thread? when you guys have your own staff forum section where you can post about it since this doesn't effect anyone but staff.

Freedom of speech son.

ohwait

6 minutes ago, JimRP said:

Freedom of speech son.

ohwait

OOF! 246x0w.jpg.715bbcd4d45732e9359759b7c62594d3.jpg

Good point though... haha....

Edited by Camokid95

31 minutes ago, Eagle said:

It's relevant to the Discord, since Slack has been replaced. Mostly just bantering about how Slack is better.

13 hours ago, Karma said:

• No way to set channel admins in voice chat rooms
  • No way to set talk power
  • No way to remove people who come into group voice channels uninvited and keep it limited to only the one channel which makes more work for staff
  • Frequently crashes and is rather easy to crash if you are determined enough
  • @everyone and @here get abused like crazy on big servers
  • Bans are incredibly easy to get around and there is no way to see someones IP address on discord unlike teamspeak.
  • Mobile version is broken AF and has been for ages
  • Voip is garbage and always has been.

Very valid points here that the admin team should consider.

+1

18 minutes ago, OskuRP said:

+1

AH, but she missed the main reason it's being implemented..

• FREE.

I honestly have no problem with it being on discord, nice to be able to check things from my phone. TS app costs money to get for my phone, and if we're able to utilize text channels for each group that would be a nice addition to having discord.

1 hour ago, Mexi said:

AH, but she missed the main reason it's being implemented..

• FREE.

How much does it actually cost? Im just wondering because there are so many people who have their own provate teamspeaks so it cant be that much?

11 minutes ago, OskuRP said:

How much does it actually cost? Im just wondering because there are so many people who have their own provate teamspeaks so it cant be that much?

20 slot Teamspeaks are free, I think..

Any higher and they start to charge, depending on provider prices can vary.

23 minutes ago, OskuRP said:

About 23 Euros a month or 276 annually according to the provider.

Edited by Eagle

nice work @Roland, think it'll have a better impact on activity as well since swapping discord servers is way easier then just being bothered of opening teamspeak.
Teamspeak has become nostalgy with it's charms.

11 hours ago, OskuRP said:

+1

Roland responded to those already (so did i, but i didn’t see it oops)

tl;dr the features Discord lacks are implementable or not needed in the first place (like talk power, etc)

3 minutes ago, Whitename said:

-snip-

On 7/17/2018 at 11:04 PM, Roland said:
  • Permissions are based on group, thus channels available for a certain group will only allow people from that group to join. It will be automated.

This for example would be a big problem for me since I go around alot of different groups channels even if im not in those groups to goof around with people. If I understand correctly I couldnt do that with this new system...

33 minutes ago, OskuRP said:

This for example would be a big problem for me since I go around alot of different groups channels even if im not in those groups to goof around with people. If I understand correctly I couldnt do that with this new system...

I get that you like to socialize, but the point of the discord is to be a tool for staff support and to facilitate official groups communication. It doesn't need to cater to your "goofing around" needs, there's plenty of other ways to do that.

1 hour ago, OskuRP said:

Could also be implementable, a command could be set up so that group owners can give users group roles. It’s all up in the air

4 hours ago, Whitename said:

Roland responded to those already (so did i, but i didn’t see it oops)

tl;dr the features Discord lacks are implementable or not needed in the first place (like talk power, etc)

I very much disagree that they are not needed. And all this will cause is more groups getting private Teamspeak servers.

11 minutes ago, Karma said:

I very much disagree that they are not needed. And all this will cause is more groups getting private Teamspeak servers.

Out of curiosity, why do you believe that they're necessary?

12 minutes ago, Karma said:

Why? Talk power isn't needed in the slightest, we're all mature enough to not talk over each other. Temp channels are in the works as we speak, and group channels to follow. Besides talk power, you will be able to do everything you did on TS, just in a different way.

14 hours ago, Whitename said:

Temp channels are in the works as we speak, and group channels to follow. 

Temporary channels are done and working, just finished them up today. Fuck me that took a lot to find the right plugin that did what I wanted it to do.

The temp rooms are super easy, but instead of it being a password protected room, it's a locked room where you have to type some text commands to either unlock the room or add people to the already locked room.

It's super easy and I've put up a list of commands pinned in the Temp-Channel-info channel at the bottom of discord. You simply join the Join to Create a Channel channel and it makes you a locked room, moves you into it, and makes you a text room as well where you can type to people or execute your commands.

4a647a7cfd.png

After 15 seconds of the room being empty, it deletes it automatically.

Commands are listed here:

Join the "JOIN TO CREATE A CHANNEL" channel to create a temporary locked voice and text channel. All below commands to be typed in the text channel linked to your voice channel. Temporary channels will be deleted 15 seconds after they are emptied.

Commands:

Rename a channel ~ name new name here
Unlock your channel ~ unlock
Lock your channel ~ lock
Add user to join locked channel ~ add @user
Remove an added user ~ remove @user

If I can do that in fucking around for less than a day, I have no doubt Rolle can figure out everything else we need.

Is this active @Oliv? Cos I cant see the Join to create a channel room ?

2 minutes ago, Crim said:

I’ll let them know to open it up. 

4 hours ago, Crim said:

ok, ok, so maybe it was over a day to get this done...

Should be able to see it now, bottom of the list.

To me, discord and teamspeak are literally the same. Although I prefer discord for general forum/chatting shit as it's WAY more simple.

Teamspeak is generally better comms wise, sorta

Discord, finally, awesome!