Server time: 2017-10-21, 12:18
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Soren

Question about "Griefing"

Soren    0

Hey there,

I came across the thought of griefing, as I am planning to make something interesting for my group and maybe even everyone else.

I would like to hear an admins POV about this, and also fellow survivors, about how they would react in this situation.

So if I were to find an area on the map, that I would try to setup as a "camp site", with a ton of wire fencing kits, sandbags and tank traps, mostly to make it look cool, but also to make a border, would it be allowed for players to come and randomly start taking it all down, for the purpose of being a dick, and annoying the shit out of me, because wirefencing kits are annoying to find?

I'm thinking, it would be considered griefing, as you will not recieve the item when taking it down, and it would most likely not be in the way of you. And whoever would consider taking such a thing down piece by piece, I would think was doing it for griefing purposes. Would this be considered being a dick, and be reportable? Because I would really hate to build a nice big thing, for a roleplaying purpose, and then have some random guy come with a toolbox, taking it all down because he had a bad day.

I'm not saying everyone is a dick and would do it, but I am SURE that there is someone that would do it. Because there is always that one "troll".

So yeah, my question is, would any of you fellow survivors want to take down such a thing for the joy of seing me lose the work, and to the admins, would it be reportable if someone took, let's say over 20-30 tanktrap/wirefences down, for no real purpose, other than grief?

Glenn O    3

Alot of Wire Fencing Kits around same location on my screen would make it go insane and I would stay out of there forever.

ElDubya    0

Not a good idea. I know I'm not the only one who's graphics has a giant heart attack whenever a wire fencing kit is used.

Also, just because you put up a wire fence what gives you the right to report people for taking it down? Its not greifing as far as I am concerned.

Soren    0

Alot of Wire Fencing Kits around same location on my screen would make it go insane and I would stay out of there forever.

Sounds like you're playing on some terrible settings. I haven't had trouple with graphical errors from wirefences for a long time. Now please stay on topic, and answer the question :)

Not a good idea. I know I'm not the only one who's graphics has a giant heart attack whenever a wire fencing kit is used.

Also, just because you put up a wire fence what gives you the right to report people for taking it down? Its not greifing as far as I am concerned.

I am simply asking, if I were to make a little location with tents and free cars to take, what would your excuse be, to take down all of the wirefencing kits?

The area would not block any loot spawns, or any paths to anything.

Bloopsy    0

I'd most likely take it all down because of curiosity. If I were to stumble upon something like that, I simply couldn't just not go and see what someone is protecting that hard.

That and the wire fences are seriously graphic glitchy.

Reptile449    0

Depends on their reasoning for it. If someone who doesn't know you took it all down just to piss you off than that isn't really role-playing so they are going against the main rule of the server. However if it was someone or a clan who were at open war with your group it could be sense for them to take it apart to reduce your strength and make it easier to attack your base later or to get a vehicle up to it to attack.

Tldr: It depends on why they do it.

Cid    333

It would be cool, something interesting to do. I'd be interested on what you would do with it.

Just don't use wire fencing, for the love of all that is Arma.

Soren    0

I'd most likely take it all down because of curiosity. If I were to stumble upon something like that, I simply couldn't just not go and see what someone is protecting that hard.

That and the wire fences are seriously graphic glitchy.

You would take it down for curiosity? As I said, there would be a big opening for people to enter. It would simply be fore cool roleplaying sake, that I would make a "fortification" to make it look cool, and have a story behind it. Instead of just having a tent in the woods.

Taking stuff like that down, would be breaking the roleplay for others, without a decent reasoning, and after my opinion, should be reportable.(If done without a proper reason)

It would be cool, something interesting to do. I'd be interested on what you would do with it.

Just don't use wire fencing, for the love of all that is Arma.

If you're having trouple with the wire fences, just fix your settings. It's an old bug, and can easily be fixed. For the love of god, they are in the game for a reason....

Bloopsy    0

You would take it down for curiosity? As I said, there would be a big opening for people to enter. It would simply be fore cool roleplaying sake, that I would make a "fortification" to make it look cool, and have a story behind it. Instead of just having a tent in the woods.

Taking stuff like that down, would be breaking the roleplay for others, without a decent reasoning, and after my opinion, should be reportable.(If done without a proper reason)

Ah, my bad, I missed the "opening" part. No, I wouldn't take it down if someone spent time building it, it would make no sense. Why would I bother using who knows how long to just disassemble something like so?

Anyway, I'd really like to see such things in the middle of nowhere, would give a nice contrast to everything.

Sky    1

It'd be very hard for us to police this sort of thing. There are plenty of legitimate reasons someone could have for wanting to take down wire fencing, tank traps, camps etc, that it'd be really hard for us to differentiate between those with legitimate reason to and those who are doing it for the sake of being assholes.

Soren    0

It'd be very hard for us to police this sort of thing. There are plenty of legitimate reasons someone could have for wanting to take down wire fencing, tank traps, camps etc, that it'd be really hard for us to differentiate between those with legitimate reason to and those who are doing it for the sake of being assholes.

Allright, Me and my clan are in the process of setting up a cool area with tons of these things, for the one reason of making it look cool.

I guess we can only hope that no one will be mean enough to take it down randomly.

I'm happy that no one here have said they would do it though =)

Tortov    0

I'm going to destroy everything.

Just kidding, good luck Soren, always good to have people bothering to make camps!

Guest Cadan   
Guest Cadan

I'll be there tomoz, toolbox ready.

Jk

Guest Akzu   
Guest Akzu

Well I would come and have a chat. It would be cool to see what survivors can do in times like these.

Chris    63

"If you're having trouple with the wire fences, just fix your settings. It's an old bug, and can easily be fixed. For the love of god, they are in the game for a reason...."

It's not as easy as that, for some people the problem cannot be fixed, not by adjusting settings, or temp purging the database, or any of the other 'fixes' I have heard of. Sometimes wire fences glitch and cover my screen up from a mile away, some days they don't. I personally take down every wire fence I see deployed.

VaneKyle    0

Contact me on radio when it's done, want to see what you and Saint have been up to since TP got destroyed.

Soren    0

"If you're having trouple with the wire fences, just fix your settings. It's an old bug, and can easily be fixed. For the love of god, they are in the game for a reason...."

It's not as easy as that, for some people the problem cannot be fixed, not by adjusting settings, or temp purging the database, or any of the other 'fixes' I have heard of. Sometimes wire fences glitch and cover my screen up from a mile away, some days they don't. I personally take down every wire fence I see deployed.

Well, as I said, this will not be in the middle of cherno, it will be in the middle of the woods. I would love for you to come by when it's done, and see if you have graphical errors, and if you really can't play within a mile because I have some wirefences, then you should call Rocket and try make him remove them from the game, and not me =)

Contact me on radio when it's done, want to see what you and Saint have been up to since TP got destroyed.

Sure thing! We are currently in the process of looting Berizino and Factory on regular bases, trying to get as many wirefences/tank traps as humanly possible. Shouldn't take too long, before we will reveal the first pictures of it :)

Chris    63

Well, as I said, this will not be in the middle of cherno, it will be in the middle of the woods. I would love for you to come by when it's done, and see if you have graphical errors, and if you really can't play within a mile because I have some wirefences, then you should call Rocket and try make him remove them from the game, and not me =)

Sure thing! We are currently in the process of looting Berizino and Factory on regular bases, trying to get as many wirefences/tank traps as humanly possible. Shouldn't take too long, before we will reveal the first pictures of it :)

I'm sorry if what I said sounded hostile, I really didn't mean for it to come out the way it did :)

You are of course free to do what you want in game, and if it is in the woods it most likely won't be an issue for almost anyone. Good luck to you in your project!

Getting supplies as we speak. We are hoping to turn it into a public place for conversations and exchanges. I dont know the full extent as Soren is the brains behind the project but we are hoping to make it into something big :D

Khardia    0

As the question was answered, do you want me to close the thread?

Soren    0

Sure why not! :)

Khardia    0

Sure why not! :)

//Closing

Happy to see that you actually asked before going in formal reports! Great work