Server time (UTC): 2019-06-20, 06:14
Sign in to follow this  
Mexi

Radio Chatter Rule

I don't get in game much but I keep up with what I can in radio chatters and am coming across people who are big dicking, causing IC issues over the radio on a character they're not even on.

Could we perhaps put in place something so that you can only reply on your active character? Because it's already an issue that people just switch characters with the pan becomes too hot for them.

Edited by Mexi

I do agree with this. I think we should not be able to answer the radio if we are different characters. It's annoying when you get threatened and you want to take action on that said threat but you cant as they are on a different character. So it is a +1 from me.

This is a great suggestion, maybe even an exceptional suggestion +1 from me

Sounds like a good idea. I thought this was brought up and put in a while ago but guess not.

Just now, Voodoo said:

Sounds like a good idea. I thought this was brought up and put in a while ago but guess not.

The one that was put in place a while ago was to prevent those who haven't been  IG for an hour within a week.

I can get behind this, if you are not actively playing you cannot respond, same should apply for a character you are not actively playing.

Im not sure what the best (or easiest) way to enforce this would be though.

1 minute ago, Harvey said:

I can get behind this, if you are not actively playing you cannot respond, same should apply for a character you are not actively playing.

Im not sure what the best (or easiest) way to enforce this would be though.

Add the rule, make sure it's highlighted on the forum homepage for a week or two like rule changes usually are and watch over it for reported posts.

Can either be hidden/ PM'd or given UP, I'd prefer hide + PM.

I am guilty of doing this but the person I was responding to on the radio I had talked to OOC and they said it was fine. Regardless, yeah this is a good idea. 

Maybe that'd be a good idea but it's doesn't seem possible to implement. If they change characters right afterwards, they'd get reported for not responding as active char. There's no way to solve swapping characters when somebody is in hot shit, waiting for it to cool down, then swapping back. Personally I just ignore radio big dicking.

19 minutes ago, Whitename said:

Maybe that'd be a good idea but it's doesn't seem possible to implement. If they change characters right afterwards, they'd get reported for not responding as active char. There's no way to solve swapping characters when somebody is in hot shit, waiting for it to cool down, then swapping back. Personally I just ignore radio big dicking.

It's more when people -don't- switch back to said characters, that's the issue I have.

People are actively playing a character that hasn't got into any situations IC to avoid people but continue to talk shit to the people they've caused issues with over the radio on the character that has.

A few of rules are currently in that are hard to prove but are still in place as a guideline for what not to do.

Edited by Mexi

1 minute ago, Mexi said:

It's more when people -don't- switch back to said characters, that's the issue I have.

People are actively playing a character that hasn't got into any situations IC to avoid people but continue to talk shit to the people they've caused issues with over the radio on the character that has.

A few of rules are currently in that are hard to prove but are still in place as a guideline for what not to do.

True, but there are situations where people would reply on non-active characters to normal stuff. I think adding a rule to RC that you can't brag about shit, or something, would work. I dunno. Although a lot of big dicking is already covered in RC rules, we just always forget yknow?

4. Keep all your messages relevant and on topic. Content that is prohibited in radio chatter (including IC):

1. hate messages, overly hostile replies
  2. radio warriors, provoking, taunting
  3. replies that add nothing to the conversation, consist of just insults, laughter, mocking of others, memes, etc

Just now, Whitename said:

True, but there are situations where people would reply on non-active characters to normal stuff. I think adding a rule to RC that you can't brag about shit, or something, would work. I dunno. Although a lot of big dicking is already covered in RC rules, we just always forget yknow?

It's not because they're doing it on an active character, that I don't care about because in turn they'd then have to accept the consequences of what they're saying on the radio..

The issue is they're playing on a completely different character and still attempting to stir issues for other people, which in turn allows them to avoid any consequences when they get in game.

It's not difficult to understand where I'm coming from.

Great idea man! Making threats on a different character makes no sense because you don't receive repercussions. However, it's definitely hard to tell exactly when someone was on what character when they posted the radio chatter. Unless they change things up to tell when someone recently changed their character, there will be no way to actually enforce the rule. Otherwise it would just all be about assumptions. Not to mention we take into account several other factors such as playing with friends or having a group character where that character is the only thing that connects you to each other. And then playing that character for a couple days before going back.

Especially in my case... Made a few threatening radio chatters that my character would respond to while that character was my active, then switched to another one a few hours later so I could actually play with my friends. Unfortunately I have to wait two days but it makes sense considering how my character would be hiding in the forest for 2 days. 

@Mexi

I brought this up in Staff Slack one time, and was told it wasn't that big of a deal. But I 1000000% agree people should ONLY be allowed to reply to RC's on their Active Character.

11 minutes ago, Brayces said:

@Mexi

I brought this up in Staff Slack one time, and was told it wasn't that big of a deal. But I 1000000% agree people should ONLY be allowed to reply to RC's on their Active Character.

Theoretically i can still shit talk on the radio then switch character anyway. It seems like a rule that tries to plug a single hole where many exist. I don't see it working in all honesty. There's still loopholes.

Also how do you track if somebody did say it on their active character or not? Would be fairly hard for GM or below to actually track when somebody swapped character, and if they were making the post whilst not on their active character.

Edited by Para

9 minutes ago, Para said:

Theoretically i can still shit talk on the radio then switch character anyway. It seems like a rule that tries to plug a single hole where many exist. I don't see it working in all honesty. There's still loopholes.

Also how do you track if somebody did say it on their active character or not? Would be fairly hard for GM or below to actually track when somebody swapped character, and if they were making the post whilst not on their active character.

With the example given we might as well get rid of any rules that require evidence..

People simply need to put a screenshot in their reported post to provided the needed evidence.

Just now, Mexi said:

With the example given we might as well get rid of any rules that require evidence..

People simply need to put a screenshot in their reported post to provided the needed evidence.

I actually see where you're coming from entirely, but i have a feeling most people would not / would forget so there'd be a lot of marked posts.

I like the idea and the problem you're trying to fix, i just wonder if it would work you feel?

Just now, Para said:

I actually see where you're coming from entirely, but i have a feeling most people would not / would forget so there'd be a lot of marked posts.

I like the idea and the problem you're trying to fix, i just wonder if it would work you feel?

I understand the worry, I've PM'd Rolle to see if it would be possible to add timestamps to character changes in the forums.

If not, then evidence is the only way I see this working.

I mean yeah I agree with this. Would look to see something implemented to stop this issue

With this report cropping up I thought I'd revive this suggestion, seeing as with the change it could be prevented.

Edited by Mexi

I can see why people want to respond with their other characters, especially if they're fairly active on both (or more). That said, I think it's rare that people play more than one car often enough that this isn't a perfectly fine idea in my mind.

At the very least it should be limited that you can only respond to a radio chatter with ONE character. Clearly it is confusing people if you respond once with one character than swap to another in a separate reply.

Its just boring when someone puls this car "He would speak in a russian accent" and are like American or something

Personally, I hate when people roleplay being a different character. I even asked the person on teamspeak and the response was, "A character of mine. Enough said." So they wanted to purposely radio warrior/big dick without repercussions. But I did it, and I expect the backlash ICly or ACTUALLY ACT UPON IT.

Just now, BorisRP said:

Its just boring when someone puls this car "He would speak in a russian accent" and are like American or something

That's not what the suggestion is about, Boris.

Wouldn't say that's not much of an issue, not everyone are professional voice actors.

Just now, Mademoiselle said:

Personally, I hate when people roleplay being a different character. I even asked the person on teamspeak and the response was, "A character of mine. Enough said." So they wanted to purposely radio warrior/big dick without repercussions. But I did it, and I expect the backlash ICly or ACTUALLY ACT UPON IT.

My pet peeve currently is when people create tension etc ICly then switch until shit dies down but I agree.