Server time: 2017-08-17, 21:41

Sign in to follow this  
BorderLineGamer

New Player Camps

https://twitter.com/DayZRP/status/337125493214167040/photo/1

BK212ZQCQAIEl3o.jpg:large

So there will be new player camps to replace the trade post!!!

I really am looking forward to these. I guess they'll be player controlled going by the name, and I hope some of you good guys will be able to hold some of these for players needing to get away for a little while, and don't let bandits take them!

Although, I wouldn't mind trying to gain entry to an S-GRU camp... just for the RolePlay.

Guest whitepointer   
Guest whitepointer

Just in interest, Will these smaller trade camps be subject to the same 'Rules' As the original trading post?

Tomeran    3

Just in interest, Will these smaller trade camps be subject to the same 'Rules' As the original trading post?

No, they wont.

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

We'll make one of these Gulag once again.

We'll make one of these Gulag once again.

Oh god, we have enough work to do with these pesky infected, nevermind a an actual work camp!

Guest Alpha   
Guest Alpha

No, they wont.

That is good news :D If the server rules would apply to these player camps as well that means people wouldn't be lurking around there all day being AFK

Cid    332

I liked the trade post, but I'm liking the ideas of these player camps a lot more. A nice place to hang out and RP but you still have the danger of being out in the world with only the protection of other players.

G Love11    0

Whooo! I can see in time clans claiming these camps and some amazing battles going on.

Guest Alpha   
Guest Alpha

Honestly I don't think it'll be that much of a special location. I mean what encourages people to go there and not just lurk around in for example Elektro? It wont make a difference apart from the decor really, unless there's some really cool new features going to be added which can only be used at those locations or something?

Honestly I don't think it'll be that much of a special location. I mean what encourages people to go there and not just lurk around in for example Elektro? It wont make a difference apart from the decor really, unless there's some really cool new features going to be added which can only be used at those locations or something?

For roleplay purposes. A clan could set up a base there. Like FM did at Lake Prud.

Guest Alpha   
Guest Alpha

True but Camp Prud serves an actual purpose; it's a large scale medical supply base

True but Camp Prud serves an actual purpose; it's a large scale medical supply base

Because the Free Medics gave it a purpose.

It's up to the players to give these player camps a purpose. The game just provides the environment.

Osaka    15

True, Lake Prud is going to get a "pimp my camp" episode, with tents, static campfires that always work, maybe even a gas tank, and some basic fortifications to make it look awesome, and basey. :D

I can't wait to see what the results will be.

BobitoZ    0

True, Lake Prud is going to get a "pimp my camp" episode, with tents, static campfires that always work, maybe even a gas tank, and some basic fortifications to make it look awesome, and basey. :D

I can't wait to see what the results will be.

That's cool. What ever is there I'll feel like we actually built it. Thinking about it, we have been there a long time now.

The camps look cool, can't wait to have to rely on building/protecting my own home rather than a shared trading post.

Layman96    1

Any idea when these camps will be in the server? And how many there will be?

It would be great, to be able to find the big military tents, (in some hangars), and just be able to set them by yourself. Making a camp surrounded by wire fence, some sandbags and that stuff. However, it would be great guys, if one of those would be something like trade post - in trade meaning. I mean, I wanted to become a big scale trader, and it would be hard, when you ain't even sure, where you can find anyone who's going to make a deal. I mean, it's just an idea. It don't have to actually be. ._.

Guest Alfie   
Guest Alfie

I wouldn't mind being a guard, perhaps create a clan?

Guest Daniel K   
Guest Daniel K

This is awesome. But when?

gr1ves    3

I can't wait for these camps to be implemented in game. Should make things interesting! :D

Glenn    10

I can't wait for these camps to be implemented in game. Should make things interesting! :D

They are already implemented.

But people want clan bases to go to like Haven and Ravens Nest etc.

The player camps are barely to non-used.

Dicey    5

I often stop at camps I come across for a while to get some RP done. Only ever had company by other 501st members except at Dodge though..