Server time: 2019-03-22, 00:53 WE ARE RECRUITING
Brady

Interview with a Community Member: Kain!

ECLmGuNAUSIt_utcYGBagwTHfKpB6VBqZrgtEU6HOeulj2zzYZq7pGZSnxX8wT5Z5-pVjyTkA7Ai6gv3u4rUCRTsqOPDrwPeLNoI-T3pbuK2-x82F1VcehwZ_-kBVaCtG2tsPnu4

Welcome! For this week of Interview with a Community Member we have @Kain

This interview is to get to know the members of our community, and hopefully bring the community together. Comment who you want to see being interviewed next week!

Thanks to Kain for participating!

Tell us about yourself!

Spoiler

Well, I'll start with the first thing that most people point out, I'm a Canadian from the Maritimes. My name is Ethan, I'm 19 years old, hoping to go into University this coming fall to try and become a lawyer somehow far down the line. I've been born and raised in New Brunswick and rarely have gone anywhere else. I started roleplaying back around 2013 when I played on something called RLRPG Island Life and it was a quite strict island life server and I found myself loving that atmosphere, always playing as cop Daniel Baxter. I remember that I later joined DeadzoneRP and DayZEnd because I was a pleb and didn't know what DayZRP was really at the time. Turns out, I was horrible at making characters and didn't really know what I was doing. But hey, I got to kill PsiSyndicate after he initiated on me and didn't search me for a grenade, so it was worth it. 
I'm a fan of many different things, like Star Wars, writing, air soft, anything about Russia, law, debate just for a few to count. Generally, I'm an open person about who I am and I've talked a lot about what I do and who I am around the forums a lot. If you want to know more about me, why don't you come and have a chat with me?

How did you find out about DayZRP, and what made you want to join?

Spoiler

How did you find out about DayZRP, and what made you want to join? 
I remember, I think I was on Deadzone or DayZEnd (Whichever one came first) and I was just slightly too young to play, but I was ambitious and was like what's this and then read that I had to be 16, so I was like damn. I remember my first inspiration to really push to try for a serious roleplay community was from a game rapper named BlAkeMusic4Life which @Spartan and I both shared a fondness for him as we appearently made our first characters based around the two characters. He had Blake Hawk and I was Blake 'Hawk' LeBlanc.  
However, the song exactly is called A New Dawn and it was my main inspiration for joining the community. I remember constantly I was just listening to this for about 5 hours as I made my first backstory for him and how piss poor it was. But hey, I've improved I hope!

If you could thank one person for helping you get started here who would it be?

Spoiler

Well, I would like to think there's quite a lot of people. When I first started to play, one of the first people that I really remember was @Empress Nino when she was playing Tucker Haas and stopped my character from committing suicide. After it was @Coreena who brought me into The Faith, but I was still trying to learn how to roleplay better and the person I think I can say I remember the best for helping me the most was @Sineda back when she was playing my character's Fiancée at the time. So, I can't really say it was one person, it was a few people who helped me start roleplay and have to thank the three for the beginning of my first character. 

What could we do, as the staff team, to make this a better place?

Spoiler

I believe in general, staff is doing fairly well, but I think a few things that should happen is that the top dogs should attempt to get on more often. It really helps getting a better grasp as to how the new rules affect the grand scheme of roleplay when you are actually playing, it really can change your perspective. Either than that, always keep an open mind and this would go to everyone. Always remember that we are a community and should never have this "Us v. Them" mentality, as soon as we have a must win 'Us v Them' then we are not a community. So, just keep an open mind to everything.  

What is your most memorable experience(IC/OOC) here?

Spoiler

God... There's a lot. I'm stuck between the death of @kimmylou character Emilia Perez or my character Ulman Tolstoy to the hands of Bratva. I think my most emotional was with Ulman's death, the people he thought he could trust was being forced by Luke Krey ( @LouieRP) that if they did not kill Ulman than they would send Anarchy to kill them. So, they decided to sacrifice Ulman for the collective. It was just two hours of pure anger, saddness, frustration, ease, bargaining and it ended with his best friend Nikolai ( @Cal) putting a bullet in his head. I think one of the most emotional parts of it was when he was talking with Aleksei ( @CaliforniaRP) who was not apart of Anarchy at the time. Ulman was praying and when he was done he was begging for alternatives that there is something there can be done. Ulman wrote his last note that was designated to Teddy ( @Mademoiselle) and then did a small speech before he died. I was personally heartbroken about his death, even if the rest didn't feel as impacted by it.

Do you regret doing anything in your time here?

Spoiler

I regret ever meeting @Whitename . Just kidding, what I think I regretted is causing a lot of issues with people I have played with previously and lost a lot of people in this community I considered good friends. I tend to have a hard time keeping around people for a long time when I'm on here and I rarely have friends that I've known for a very long time on here. Yeah, this got a bit too real.  
If you had to live in a jail cell with four people from this community who would it be?

If you had to live in a jail cell with four people from this community who would it be?

Spoiler

Hmm... Probably would bring @Cal, @kimmylou, @SofiaLR and @Karma, I really wish I could add more people to it because I would add more people to it. But if I'm gonna be in that damn cell, I better see Cal smoking a cigarette literally  every two seconds because that's the only fucking snaps he makes. Kimmy would most likely just get us all drunk and have us all play drinking games. Karma would be there because otherwise we probably would end up killing each other and Sofia would be there because the SWTOR Naked Bandits have like a blood oath or some shit.

Apologies for this being late, yesterday was my girlfriends birthday and spent the whole day with her!

You know you love me.

crying the church whilst pking ulman

good shit

?

15 minutes ago, Brady said:

Ulman than they would send Anarchy to kill them. So, they decided to sacrifice Ulman for the collective. It was just two hours of pure anger, saddness, frustration, ease, bargaining and it ended with his best friend Nikolai ( @Cal) putting a bullet in his head.

Cal is Ulman's best friend? Top 10 Anime Betrayals...

Ooh nice read @Kain thanks ? 

No mention of me.

I crii.

Good read though ❤️

It's almost like a Wookie life debt, except better. 

?

Waaaiiittt. You were in The Faith? Who did you play?

I take it you've changed your username? Because it certainly doesn't ring any bells.

Ssssh @Kain, that was a dark past. No one has to know >.> 

oh god! being stuck in prison with you.....fml lol you make me sound like i have a drink problem lol ? being stuck in there with you would drive me to drink lol 

3 hours ago, Coreena said:

God, the faith feels like forever ago.

Holy hell, it was forever ago. I just remember this big build up to meeting the father and then being really disappointed because I never got to meet him again. 

3 hours ago, Jacques said:

Waaaiiittt. You were in The Faith? Who did you play?

I take it you've changed your username? Because it certainly doesn't ring any bells.

I played a really old character named Blake 'Hawk' LeBlanc. I went by Blake LeBlanc on the forums and then later, TheTrueHawk.

2 hours ago, Spartan said:

Ssssh @Kain, that was a dark past. No one has to know >.> 

Too late baby ❤️

1 hour ago, kimmylou said:

oh god! being stuck in prison with you.....fml lol you make me sound like i have a drink problem lol ? being stuck in there with you would drive me to drink lol 

Sorry, you just drink two to three bottles a night for research. My mistake.

5 hours ago, Taryn said:

No mention of me.

I crii.

Good read though ❤️

Better luck next time, kid ? 

5 hours ago, Whitename said:

Cal is Ulman's best friend? Top 10 Anime Betrayals...

Sorry that Vasily just disappeared from Ulman ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5 hours ago, CaliforniaRP said:

crying the church whilst pking ulman

good shit

?

T'was a sad moment.

Probably should also say, thanks @Brady for allowing this interview to happen ❤️ 

17 hours ago, Kain said:

Sorry that Vasily just disappeared from Ulman ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

23 hours ago, CaliforniaRP said:

“Vasily disappeared from Ulman” says the one who hopped 30 different groups and got a GIRLFRIEND at one point, smh. Ulman left him 

Nice read Kain!

Nice read, lot of thought went into it.