Server time: 2017-10-23, 02:39
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Udgar

Gordon Cole's back story and journal

Hey,

Just leaving it as my character's back story for now as I haven't been accepted to be white listed (I have applied though), I will maintain a regular survivor journal if I am accepted and begin the life of Gordon Cole on the server.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Back story:

Gordon Cole, born 29th April 1984, was a truck driver, prior to the Chernarus outbreak, on his way to getting his business up and running. One day Gordon was contacted by a man by the name of Jacob with a thick eastern Russian accent, Jacob offered Gordon the job of a life time in which he would earn € 879000 for transporting unknown goods through Chernarus. With this offer being made Gordon left his home land of England and took up the job. During the flight to Chernarus there was heavy turbulence, a lot more than usual, which seemed odd to Gordon but before he could continue his thought a loud explosion like sound came from the left side of the plane. No less than a second later there was another until Gordon was almost lifted from his seat as the plane rotated onto its right. There was heavy smoke with a faint light coming from the left wing.

Gordon woke up no less than 7 hours after he had lost consciousness, he was amongst the rubble and smoking wreckage of the plane that once offered safe passage through the sky. Gordon soon noticed that he was bleeding from his side as he walked along the coast away from the plane in search of civilization. Gordon soon passed out again on the coast of Chernarus.

Journal entry One:

I don't know why but I just need to write, I feel it may keep me sane or something. My name is Gordon Cole, I used to be a truck driver back in my homeland of England. I should have never accepted this stupid job. It was too good to be true.

Anyway, I'm here now; where ever here may be. I woke up on the shore, my clothes were covered in blood, I reeked of it. I had to get it off, luckily the ocean was by my side. I cleaned myself up and began looking around for any sign of civilization, I figured if I can't find any I'm stranded on some sort of island; I didn't like that idea, however it is more appealing now. I walked into some sort of small city area, I figured someone could help me but it was early in the morning no one was on the streets, or so I thought. The city was eerily quiet and there was not a single light on. I walked into the city and saw people, I thought they were people, that is until I saw flesh hanging from ones jaw as it gazed upon me. Fear struck my heart and entered my veins. I noticed another one crouched over a man. HE WAS EATING HIM. I couldn't believe my own eyes. I immediately hid, hoping that I could escape that same fate. When I thought it was safe I ran. I managed to find a weapon of some sort. I believe it is an AK something, I don't know, I'm no gun expert. Whatever it was I took it with both hands as if it was my only chance to escape this nightmare.

Later I ran into someone as I was trying to hide in a school from those things. I wanted answers I asked him what was going on but he didn't know any more than I did. I soon heard the screams and moans of the dead that followed in his path. He was on the run from them and he brought them right to me. I ran. I managed to get away from those things and hide in a church. I sealed the doors with some of the benches in the church. With the ones remaining I built a sort of hut to protect me if anything got in.

As I am writing this I still have my gun close by me. They don't stop. I hear them outside right now. I doubt I will get any sleep tonight. I'm in for a long night.

Journal entry Two:

This will be a short one. I got out of the city infested with those things. I was headed north until I ran into two peculiar men at some factories. I repeatedly asked them what was going on but maybe they only knew as much as I did. They eventually told me to leave, I was hesitant at first, in this world I would imagine it would be better for people to stick together but I guess they just don't like strangers, even though everyone is a stranger now.

After leaving those two men at the factory a truck was coming towards me, I figured it was my only chance at survival so I begged him to stop; fortunately he did. His name was Carl, a Doctor from Sweden that had come to what he told me was Chernarus; I've been to Chernarus many times in my life but I'd never seen it in this shape, so empty, so lifeless. We traveled north in search of an airfield that we believed would be a place where the military, government or both would be. When we arrived we saw men walking around in uniforms. As we got closer it became apparent that these weren't men. We continued onto the airfield never the less as we knew there was no one here but that didn't mean that people were never here. We found some good weapons in the ACT and barracks but were then over run by those things I had taken to calling zombies. We ran as fast as we could to get back into our truck, I was hit a couple of times; those bastards are strong. Luckily the Doctor knew what to do and gave me a blood transfusion telling me it was all he could do for now.

Me and Carl got separated in a place called Berezino. There were gunshots and I don't know what happened after that. I passed out only to awake somewhere foreign to me. It seems like as soon as things were getting better they took a turn for the worst again.

I've come to realizing there's no way out of this hell. There's nothing left. I heard that there are people that steal from others commonly in this hell, I suppose it makes sense now; people just trying to survive by what ever means necessary.

I think I might blow my brains out tomorrow...

Journal entry Three:

I can't write as much right now as even now I am busy but in short these past couple of days have been the most eventful and most clarifying moments of my life. I thought I wanted to leave this hell but when I joined up with a group of around 20 others in Elektro some hope was restored. The group became less and less as time went on. The zombies got to them.

I heard that there was going to be an invasion of zombies from northern Chernarus and that many were gathering to make a stand and to stop these Zombies from taking what we've worked so hard to at least call home.

I went to Devil's Castle and was greeted by the many that had decided to fight for all survivors in Chernarus. Everyone lost people in the battle of Devil's Castle, my two comrades had fallen and the castle was over run. Those that did survive got air lifted by unknown people, not that it mattered anyway.

We parted ways and I found myself amongst the ranks of The Australian Survivors. They took me in, and kept me alive. That's all you can really ask for in these times. We have been venturing around Chernarus for days on end looking for more survivors, people who need help.

We came across a bandit squad outside of Polana factory we gave the driver of the UAZ far too many warnings for my liking, despite this he decided to drive, so we engaged. We finished up with the rest of the squad and were gathering the supplies and tending to the wounded when a man came to us and saluted and thanked us for killing them as they had broken his legs and made him crawl for what seemed like a kilometer.

Since then we have been helping any we have come across and have been defending ourselves efficiently. With all of this happening at this stage in my life, I have come to realize that what we have is worth fighting for and we can't just give up at the first sign of danger, we must persevere and aid all who need it.

I hope to write again soon about my time here in Chernarus, I feel it has only just begun.

8mYWMNo.jpg

^ me with the leather jacket and glasses

ULuR83c.jpg

^ Me in the first row on the right sitting down in my leather jacket, glasses and fur hat.

//Great story, but when did that Osprey come into play?

Invasion event, or?

//Great story, but when did that Osprey come into play?

Invasion event, or?

// Yeah, it came during invasion event. Devil's Castle was over run and the Ospreys came from no where and saved all who survived.

Sign in to follow this