Server time: 2019-03-27, 01:24 WE ARE RECRUITING
A Drunk StewieRP

NLR Rule change vote/poll

NLR Rule Change  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Edited by Chromocial
didnt mean to keep it

Vote Change.

Just now, SweetJoe said:

Vote Change.

Ty

wc

1 minute ago, Chromocial said:

Ty

While I get some points people say (And I do need to take their words for it as I have limited experience so far) I am going to have to says keep them due to realism and farthering roleplays and stories with people. Where is the story and RP supposed to go if I get shot by person A in some confrontation that meant a lot character developing for me? Just pretend it didnt happen or I can quite remembers who done it? That seems lame for me. I would prefer to remember and be injured if I don't kill the characters off. That way I can further it from there you know?

I voted for keeping the NLR as they are right now for several reasons:

1) RP awkwardness

Imagine this situation: I interact with an individual, we do some hostile RP, I shoot the guy and leave. Next day, I meet up with him again and he's going to be all "whats up, my man?" ? How am I supposed to react? yeah, sure, HE can't remember our interaction, but my character can.

It breaks immersion and, frankly makes for some awkward interactions.

2) Prevents powergaming

With this rule, the "victim" decides (in normal circumstances) the extent of his wounds or possible death.

3) Creates RP

Medical RP to be precise. Until the new spawn runs in, I can finally have some fun medical RP that isn't restricted to bandaging scratches or fixing splints.

I really don't see what the issue is with this rule, honestly and I hope, like Pain said, to see some other opinions.

The issue I have with changing it back to how it was, is it'll be basically the same. The easiest way around the NLR rule when you were killed was 'Hey, what happened to me?' "Oh, that guy that you usually have issues with, that mouths off and threatens you, yeah well he shot you." 'Oh, thanks man.. I'll get right back to giving him shit' and then the cycle continues just as it does now.

-NOTHING- will change from reverting back.

Voted no on this.

To tell you the truth i don't think it matters with the change not really, just for the fact the even if you have the guy killed and the NLR applied the guy you killed will still find away to get revenge in some way shape or form, but with out it then maybe RP could be interesting  i also doubt anyone will play out any injuries tho i seen it so many times and i not excluded from that 

I agree with @Chaz, the rule as it stands now helps foster player immersion and character development. After being injured from engaging in combat, remembering it builds a lot of character experience.

In summary, the rule as it stands now is adaquit and changing it would negativity effect the player immersion, this is my personal opinion.

It's much better and realistic to be role played with injuries and a clear memory of what was going on and what happened. As if you suddenly got amnesia 5-10 minutes prior to getting shot...Just because some people want safety from revenge doesn't mean it should create an awkward situation and limit medical RP. It's bullshit. Absolutely no to the old rules.

Just actually enforce people to be injured and I'll be all set.

3 minutes ago, Kain said:

Just actually enforce people to be injured and I'll be all set.

There would be no way to enforce this without an admin actually being there, but the fact people dont even get punished is beyond me.

Voted no to changing it back, having experienced both the old and current rule I've had better experiences with the current one.

I like how it currently is. The NLR rule was a good change. It created awkward scenarios which can do be avoided and you just Roleplay out that you got wounded

Having experienced the rule both ways, I voted no.  It was more awkward not being able to remember what lead to a trip to the coast than being able to remember.  Also, if we can’t remember what happened, the incident will have no effect on our character’s story and growth. 

Edited by Darra

Guest Roach

Sorry, I voted no on this. Way too awkward the old way, stops the progression of RP bla bla bla everyone pretty much stated the reasons above. Just ask OOC permission to PK a person, if the person said no, don't shoot in the head or do anything that would NOT allow this person to return such as chop head off, shoot in the brain. Content yourself of unloading a couple bullets in the person's torso and call it a day and look at the RP come out of it later. Doing so will allow you to feel the "realism" aspect of it all instead of telling yourself "He ruined my immersion cause I chopped his head off and ate his body but now he is back?"

-1 from me 

Look I will consent and say yes at some times it would make since that you would not remember jack shit (Shot in the head, hard knock on the head, explosion).  That being said though I have to vote "NO" mostly because that same thing that some people seem to find dumb keeps medical role players like me and others busy (gives us role play).  If you really do not want them to not "remember anything", plan something out a little out of character with them before hand or ask to perma the character and kill em off if they say yes.

Edited by TiviylScratch

I voted no to this. As many of you, I have experienced both rules in action and imo this rule is just fine the way it is. It was always awkward waking up on the coast and people asking what happened...., Me... um I can't remember.

57 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I voted no to this. As many of you, I have experienced both rules in action and imo this rule is just fine the way it is. It was always awkward waking up on the coast and people asking what happened...., Me... um I can't remember.

Well, the thing is... does it happen so often that you have to explain to others what happened at the coast? I have not died in a while but I assumed coasts are clear mostly. Secondly if you return to your group and they ask what happened, I mean... they could not do that and RP as usual like you woke up or even if they do ask you can be imaginative and say: "some guys robbed me and knocked me out, do not exactly remember..." or "I lost control of my car and when I came to, my stuff was missing" or "I do not want to talk about it" - this last one adds spice to RP even ?. That should be less cringe.

Losing memory should totaly be a thing when executed. I do not like that some guy can OOC recognize me and just executes me cos he accuses me shooting at him... and then execution rights go back and forth.

Dying normaly should be separate rule from execution though. If person died in firefight, then Im fine he/she remembering stuff, but execution should be separate case.

I would rather have: "When you are executed, you do not remember events leading up to your death. Execution must be valid RP reason and only the members of your party can have execution rights if they witness the events."

TLDR: "old NLR" - executions, "new NLR" - regular deaths

Edited by Shanoby
to clarify

So, the primary issue at the moment with the current rules, isn't that people can remember the events leading up to their death, they can react accordingly with vengeance. There is no problem with that. The issue, is when people choose to simply use their revenge rights to add another kill to their belt, with either minimal or borderline nonsensical RP, that can just lead to a never-ending cycle of revenge killing, until one party either gives in, or perma-deaths.

The old rules however, aren't a fix. They left no room for RP, as you instantly forget all events leading up to your death, and therefore cannot develop or progress RP. But if we remember events, and react with a simple "you kill me, I kill you" mentality, in a community where nobody is forced to PK, then there is little to no development anyway.

People need to start putting RP ahead of stroking their own egos. You were shot and killed in a gunfight and you find the person who did it? Torture them, humiliate them, show them that they fucked up. There are other methods of giving a persons actions consequences that don't involve an execution. Be creative, and leave them with something like "If you come at me again, next time I WILL kill you." 

And for the love of fuck...... If you happen upon the person who killed you, within a time-span where you should be wounded and unable to enact revenge..... RP out being wounded. You were just shot. You're not a T-1000 mate.

So my vote, is to keep the rules the way they are, so that people may remember how they were "killed". But I ask that people start putting some actual thought into their "revenge" that is a little more inventive and interesting than, "But my character WOULD kill them if they found them." Stop being lazy.

Losing all memories of death makes more sense to me. It is akward rping with someone you know you killed but they just play it off as wounded. I'm sorry but I blew your brains out there is no way you walked away from that. 

2 hours ago, Jack the Ripper said:

So, the primary issue at the moment with the current rules, isn't that people can remember the events leading up to their death, they can react accordingly with vengeance. There is no problem with that. The issue, is when people choose to simply use their revenge rights to add another kill to their belt, with either minimal or borderline nonsensical RP, that can just lead to a never-ending cycle of revenge killing, until one party either gives in, or perma-deaths.

The old rules however, aren't a fix. They left no room for RP, as you instantly forget all events leading up to your death, and therefore cannot develop or progress RP. But if we remember events, and react with a simple "you kill me, I kill you" mentality, in a community where nobody is forced to PK, then there is little to no development anyway.

People need to start putting RP ahead of stroking their own egos. You were shot and killed in a gunfight and you find the person who did it? Torture them, humiliate them, show them that they fucked up. There are other methods of giving a persons actions consequences that don't involve an execution. Be creative, and leave them with something like "If you come at me again, next time I WILL kill you." 

And for the love of fuck...... If you happen upon the person who killed you, within a time-span where you should be wounded and unable to enact revenge..... RP out being wounded. You were just shot. You're not a T-1000 mate.

So my vote, is to keep the rules the way they are, so that people may remember how they were "killed". But I ask that people start putting some actual thought into their "revenge" that is a little more inventive and interesting than, "But my character WOULD kill them if they found them." Stop being lazy.

I'm just going to agree with Jack because he's right. I originally thought the old rule here was better but after some thought I think otherwise. The problem though is the current rule allows for a lot of abuse and allows people to just initiate then killing the captured without much role-play involved, the other issue is that not many people RP out injuries. But what is fair when it comes to RPing injuries? How long do I need to RP that out? If we are being realistic being shot would put someone out of commission for several weeks and that seems rather excessive. Is it okay to role-play that my plate carrier saved me, or that I was wearing Kevlar under my shirt, thus exempting me from having to RP out anything other than some major bruising? If that's the case then everyone can magically say they are wearing Kevlar when it would be rather difficult to find that sort of equipment.

Edited by Zero