Server time (UTC): 2019-12-09, 20:13 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
RileyChan

0.63 Experimental: Share your stories!

1705504178_expstorpngedit.png.1b366032f686d93d14f68aeb5a4f063d.png

So 0.63 Experimental is out now, I've been having alot of fun playing. The game feels great, even in it's bare bones state. I've already been already having some of those memorable moments. I'm sure plenty of you have been having just as much fun in Experimental as me. I'd love to hear about some of the crazy, fun, exciting things you've experienced so far. It could be interactions with other players you've run into, making memories with friends, anything! Of course DayZ is still DayZ, so i'd prefer to keep the negative stuff to a minimum. We all get killed by bugs once in awhile, that's nothing special. But I think the different stories each person has to tell is.

Looking forward to reading about all of your stories!

I have played some of it, it's amazing.

Just now, Zero said:

I have played some of it, it's amazing.

Any interesting stories to tell? Why has your experience so far been amazing? That's the topic of this thread.?

after starving to death/geting 2 shot by zombies, i finally make it to altar after 45 minutes

i get glitched in a corner, a zombie runs up and swats me, dies.

okay, me and @groovy tonyRP make it to gorka, find a pile of human meat(like 10 steaks)

nice.

we finally make it to NWAF eating human meat

get fully geared(ak/pistol/camo/etc.)

noone's at NWAF b/c noone can get off the coast

sit at nwaf bored af for almost 45 minutes

f11 b/c its boring

fin

end of the day? .63 is trash

4 minutes ago, CaliforniaRP said:

-snip-

Sorry you had a negative experience so far, that's rough. I guess that's why we have experimental, so we can figure out what works and what doesn't before the game goes onto stable. I agree with you that hunger and thirst is a bit tricky now, but I'm sure that'll change.

Personally my experience was completely different. @Dvlinhb and I were able to find lots of food and get by just fine, especially once we got more inland. Not only did we find plenty of food, but we ran into a bunch of players all the way from Berezino to NWAF, and from Skalisty Island to Kamenka. I think I saw more players at NWAF than I actually saw on the coast tbh, had alot of fun PVP action up there.

DayZ has always been frustrating, I haven't played it much the past couple years because of it. But it's been a long time since we've seen changes this big to the game. I'm giving 0.63 a fair chance. Don't give up hope yet! ?

Killed 8 people at NWAF and got all the ammo I could ever want.

Died from dehydration.

2 minutes ago, ExoticRP said:

Killed 8 people at NWAF and got all the ammo I could ever want.

Died from dehydration.

RIP

I didn't get a chance to check while I was there the other day, is there still a pump at the southern end of the airfield?

20 minutes ago, RileyChan said:

RIP

Not that I could find lol

4 minutes ago, ExoticRP said:

Not that I could find lol

Yeah I didn't need any at the time so I didn't bother to look. There is no sickness in experimental now though, so you can drink river/pond water for now without needing to worry. ?

Edited by RileyChan

Never made it North, I played with my friend @Pinkerton. He kept dying from zombie hordes. I tried to save him.. His blood curdling screams.. There was nothing I could do. As I tried to take his gear from his lifeless corpse after dispatching the infected, I started taking shots from a nearby hill. I see the attacker briefly, run to cover and begin to flank. As I get around the corner to kill him I notice his dead corpse, swarmed by the infected. Crazy stuff.

Ive not really made it farther than north-west airfield to be honest. The first time I got up there I heard shots, then I was dead. I didn't appear to take any damage and had no idea I was being shot at ?

NWAF looks weird as hell, but I like the crashed planes and shit.
Some of the cities look a bit nicer too.
I love that you sit by the fire when cooking on a stick

I had a guy ask me to open his food if he gave me a magazine and some ammo for my pistol (providing i didnt shoot him the second he gave it to me)
I also met someone laying down in the middle of the woods awaiting death, we stuck together to find some food, i left him alone in a house for 0.5 seconds, heard him yell "JESUS CHRIST", I ran in and he was being punched to death by a random guy. I chased him down to beat him up and we ended up killing each other.
Good times.

20180615155248_1.jpg

20180616132005_1.jpg

20180616143038_1.jpg

Edited by Genji

3 minutes ago, Zero said:

-snip-

Yeah shooting in cities or large towns is really scary right now lol. You can easily get killed by a large group of infected, even trying to kill more than 2 infected at a time with a melee weapon is dangerous. It's happened to me a couple times so far, but sometimes you don't really have a choice but to shoot. The way I see it there are 3 options.

Option one, accept your fate and spending your final moments thinking about what it's like to die... I don't like option one!?

Option two, hide in a nearby building and hope you have enough ammo to kill all the infected.

Option three, as soon as you shoot, try running away as fast as possible. The infected wont go straight to you, they will go to where they heard the gun shots, then slowly start searching the area. If you can get even a short distance away and find a good hiding place, they will all go away eventually.

I think the easiest way to make it through a city if going around isn't an option, is stealth. Also crouch running drains your stamina bar much slower, so doing that might help you survive!

Yesterday @Zilly and I shot a guy in Elektro, naturally the zombie horde came down upon us. We were able to avoid them after killing the guy, but we were forced to shoot again when a few more infected noticed us looting the body. We decided to run into the nearby police station to hide, which worked at first... But unfortunately we decided to hide in the one building the that had another armed player hiding in it. And of course he just so happened to be the friend of the guy we shot earlier. Lesson being, sometimes you just can't catch a break! ?

3 minutes ago, Genji said:

-snip-

Wow great screenshots!

@Dvlinhb and I actually used that crashed plane to hide in after surviving a huge group of zombies attacking us at the military tents. I think its kinda neat that loot actually seems to spawn in there. That or maybe people were just there earlier and dropped some stuff.

I also had a similar experience a couple of times. Finding people who are near death and helping them get food, water, splints. This actually happened shortly after I got on experimental for the first time a few days ago, we were gonna travel together and everything but naturally I crashed a few minutes after we started jogging down the road together. ?

I still enjoyed the experience though, we're used to relatively friendly interactions since we play on an RP server. But finding friendly people on public is much more uncommon. I like to think that guy will remember that one time he was saved from near death by me. I'll remember how thankful he was for me not killing him on sight. lol

I made it to the middle of Gorka with plenty of food and water in my backpack.  Only weapon I found was an ax.  All was well until I walked into a house and surprised a player.  I raised my hand to greet him as he raised his pistol.  My screen went black and I got the “You Are Dead” message.  Respawnwed as a male and promptly logged off for the night, lol.

12 minutes ago, Darra said:

-snip-

lol well it still is public servers after all. I haven't really played solo in experimental yet, I'd say I should give it a shot but I'm too much of a scaredy-cat. ?

Those new zombie sounds and stuff give me the creeps! ?‍♂️?

32 minutes ago, RileyChan said:

lol well it still is public servers after all. I haven't really played solo in experimental yet, I'd say I should give it a shot but I'm too much of a scaredy-cat. ?

Those new zombie sounds and stuff give me the creeps! ?‍♂️?

Getting shot was not unexpected; respawning as a male was.  That’s the reason I logged for the night.  ?

The creaking house sounds give me the creeps. 

8 minutes ago, Darra said:

-snip-

Yes! Those creaking house sounds keep making me thing there is someone right behind me! I don't think I'll ever get used to it... ?

Also yeah the way it changes your character model every time you die is pretty annoying, but I don't think it's a big deal as long as it's fixed before stable.

Edited by RileyChan

What a video, I stole it from the status report, sorry for the spam.  We should get this guy onboard @Roland

Edited by Crim

32 minutes ago, Crim said:

-snip-

That is one hell of a trailer... @Roland let that guy make you a DayZRP trailer... no matter the cost ?

That trailer made me want to RP survivor so hard... I mean... just RP... this kinda video just inspires me to get on...

Edited by Shanoby

This is legit the best trailer for DayZ I've ever seen. Holy hell!

Spawn in Berezino. Run up on some guys. Say hello and ask them whats up. Get shot without a moments notice. Spawn in Electro. agro a zombie. Agro another zombie. Agro all the zombies. Keep getting spammed with hits till I am dead. Spawn in the middle of nowhere. Follow road. start to get hungry. Think that there is a house or something. run. keep running. keep running. Im now dying of starvation. Dead. Spawn  south of Berezino again. Go to get food and shit and go to Dolina. Go to police station. Find a gun #SWEET! eventually run into the fuckers that kill me the first time. Gun one down with third person. Sexy as hell.  Other buddy gets wise and trys to flank me. Nay, I flank HIM! we both spot each other. He dies, I win, but Im shot. I bandage. Got a little limp. Eh, w/e. Sweet, now I have that dudes AKM! lets go to Stary Tents and get some dank loot! halfway there. Start to notice more of a limp than before. Eat. Still there. Drink. Still there. WTF? Still limping. Next thing I know its Blinking red. I limp like a Gimp. Dead. TMW You need to bandage based on how many hitboxes you got hit at. 7/5 would play again.

Jk but I literally had an orgasm when I first played it. I cant wait for it to come out!

Opened the game hoping to play some 0.63 try hopping on a server crash, try 4 more times and crash ragequit the game and removed 0.63 from my PC.

Edited by Eagle

My .63 experimental story:

Decided to play some .63 exp with @brk, took us over 15 minutes to get in a server 'cause everytime we joined a server the game shut down. We eventually managed to join and immediately started to starve. Ate some food and tried to meet up. entered a house and found a dude sitting there eating beans, punched his head in and ate his beans. @brk got in a fight with a dude and died, I ran up to Gorka but halfway there lost interest and logged out and went to bed.

None the less .63 looks really good and promising and I can't way to see how it'll be on the server.

Edited by Yung Banshee

Decided I’d hop on with a buddy (A while ago now) Looted up, starved to death. Respawned - Geared up, starved to death. Re spawned, met a guy who wanted to 1v1 much to his regret, I kill him. Whilst looting his body I hear a gun shot, the screen goes black, “You are dead” / Uninstalled 0.63