Server time (UTC): 2019-12-05, 20:59 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Wolffe

"Everything's Boring"

1 minute ago, Rogério SkyLab said:

but if y'all don't want to help and prefer being passive-agressive on the forums about a real problem, I can't do jack shit.

time and time again, us as a community has pointed out the problem- and the best thing we got out of it is a cool little color of a name. the community, practically as a whole, has banded together several times, and nothing has came out of it. we're just at a point where we are just riding the community until it either rides into the dirt, or .63 miraculously saves it.

I hear what ya saying, I believe what was said before really hits the nail with the hammer. I believe the server needs more fear, more hostility, it has been restricted I understand that and many feel like their word is not getting across which is true in some cases. I guess it is all about the effort people are putting into the server and their characters. Just be forceful with how you RP and you may find interesting new experiences! 

I have not been in game for awhile nor have I cared too for along while, most of my friends yeet'd themselves because they we're getting choked out of the roleplay and the fun they wanted and tbh I have seen the hostile rp torch pass *cough* from the big dogs to the little pups to the even smaller pups and even despite what most might say they're doing the best with what they got, but I look at this community right now and I'm wondering whose next for the bandit role because sooner or later RPbois gonna get sick of it like everyone before them did and thats when its gonna get real boring real quick.

tldr: Community used to be a place you could hang out with some lads and roleplay now its more politics than anything ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

edit- I am just an old dog who juices cutebois dont mind me

Edited by Rebel Pado

14 minutes ago, CaliforniaRP said:

because when you own the server, it gets boring. having everyone be your bitch ingame for the last month bored me, so me and a few other anarchy boys brought back kamenici. the town of lopatino has been nothing but a fucking snooze fest since getting there. anarchy hosts a summit, theres a que. anarchy hosts a pvp event, there's a que. no other group has hosted an actual event(minus like- fightnight/etc. w/ moretti's). and due to anarchy ruling the server, we went from; people literally hiding in debug to stay away from us, to a glorified customer service in the town.

anarchy owns the server, and hosting and enforcing asanine rules like we have been has been our way of hoping someone, just /someone/ would fucking grow a dick and fight back- but never do. so here we are, forcing ourselves to play cowboys and indians(kamenici) because noone else will.

You are not wrong. I will agree with you on that.  However you say it gets boring being top dog on the server than why have you put yourselves there MULTIPLE times?  Black Fangs, Common Wealth, Anarchy (more than once) became top dog of the server enforced laws and dictated what could and couldn't happen and where you could and could not be.

In all honesty people have tried to stop you more than once people stopped the Fangs, Common Wealth, and Anarchy but you guys never let any one win and put laws in place to where one wins but you.  Its never fun when you have a villein who can never be beaten even in the smallest battle.  Same thing goes for a hero is never beaten.  When ones group has most of the good PvPers of the server, numbers, and a streak of winning even when they really shouldn't people just get to the point of "screw it" and just roll over.   I mean I and many others used to fight and try things against your groups in the past but nothing ever works.  And those lore event in the past that Anarchy has won have put them on a pedestal to where no one in the region can really touch them.  

I do not like that you guys as a group have had to break up and do the whole "cowboys and Indians bit".  I appreciate what you guys were and are trying to do there but I feel like it is a bit to little to late.

Anarchy are, by what I see, the kings of the hill right now, so they might as well do something other than meetups. I see that you are trying to regulate whatever is going on around the area you own, but as far as I've read, it isn't working, so just try something new. Maybe you calm down and stop being hostile and be friendly to the traders in order to get more sweet dank deals? Or perhaps you get angrier and just destroy all relations, proving that you have total control over South Zagoria. Many things can spawn out of your group, you just need to start it.

There's no point in raising a militia to fight against a group of people that will just dome you on the spot. I can't fight because my computer won't let me, even if my skills to go full on FPS were the same as when I was 13, I would not be able to go PvP with you. Even if all stars aligned, and I was suddenly able to raise a big ass group to fight you, it would just be PvP again, and the whole concept behind talking things out would vanish away. And tell me, after destroying the opposing force, what would you do? Go back to Lopatino and sit around again? Make sure that no civilian is ever armed, bringing another wave of rebellion, followed by another, and another, until your killstreaks are so high you could be Chuck Norris's son? This staleness isn't a product of lack of hostile behavior directly, but a lack of ideas from our colective minds to end it.

We don't need people with guns shoot each other, as weirder as it sounds, we need people with guns threatening to shoot each other. That's the role-play experience. The threat of a war that wouldn't benefit anyone. We ought to have a cold war, otherwise things will just keep on being boring. I'm guessing people just aren't afraid to go PvP by one of two reasons: Full confidence in their skills or the lack of fear for death, since they'll just respawn, grab some gear from the enormous amounts of stashes away M4s, and go back to the fight.

In the end, everything we need is tension, and that's precisely what's lacking. @The Traveler brings a great point when it comes to Plot Hooks. Everyone can do those. Every single one of y'all can help with these. If the LMs join in, oh god what a blessing it would be.

54 minutes ago, Rogério SkyLab said:

Snip

Sorry but what is there to do? We have a town we prettty much control, we scare anyone away just with our name expect for a handful of people, Moreties supply us with dealer's and guns, we're  King's atm unless someone takes our throne.

The goal of a single group that isint even a lore faction is not to control where it goes or leads, we have taken part in event's that have reached the lore and Offerd our help when needed. We have 12 group's right now and only 3 are making any form of impact IG the rest just stick to themselves or aren't fully ready atm. You guy's not having the PC  to run at a decent fps is more of a you problem then ours. We do need people shooting each other for conflict otherwise what's the threat a stern talking to? Even then Anarchy has done that passive/aggressive/protectors you name it.

And trust me pal we haven't been overly hostile now for a month or so, please stop only looking at one group of people and see what the other's are trying to do to change anything.

Edited by Eagle

I feel as if the thread is slowly dissolving into "I have done this, this group didn't do this" and I feel as if that's a problem of its own.

Right now the majority of people still playing are usually just the same 40 people, with a mix of like 5 new players. A lot of my nights in RP has been consisting of assisting other people. But that's hard to do when the only people playing are the large groups who already have what they need. I feel like when you have groups of close to 20 whole players that make up half the server, you don't NEED anything from anyone else. And maybe that's some food for thought? Idk, maybe I'm just talking into a trash can. 

Edited by -Chow-

10 minutes ago, -Chow- said:

I feel as if the thread is slowly dissolving into "I have done this, this group didn't do this" and I feel as if that's a problem of its own.

Right now the majority of people still playing are usually just the same 40 people, with a mix of like 5 new players. A lot of my nights in RP has been consisting of assisting other people. But that's hard to do when the only people playing are the large groups who already have what they need. I feel like when you have groups of close to 20 whole players that make up half the server, you don't NEED anything from anyone else. And maybe that's some food for thought? Idk, maybe I'm just talking into a trash can. 

Issue is people are justifying their inaction by stating they've done enough. I will bluntly say seldom few (and I will not say which as to not start a frigging flame war) can truely say 100% they have done enough. Hell I am one of those people, but that's only because I've been juggling Work, Uni and looking after my baby nephew to boot :L 

FYI: Unpopular opinon but, I believe hold heartedly there should be a group cap of 10 (I mean shit, if I had my way it'd be closer to 8 ) until we have 80+ servers (Doubtful, but hey this is what we get for picking a game not catered to large communities) . But hey, people arn't for that due to time zones, but that's seldom the point, Point is ,even at "peak" times 10 people will be grouped up. That's 1/6 of the server ffs... 

But digression aside, a lot of this issue could be fixed if people got off their arse and made their own interesting, all inclusive roleplay , hostile or peaceful. I truly believe the hostile and peaceful RPers can not only play together, but excel each other's experiences! ? 

Edited by The Traveler

32 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Sorry but what is there to do? We have a town we prettty much control, we scare anyone away just with our name expect for a handful of people, Moreties supply us with dealer's and guns, we're  King's atm unless someone takes our throne.

Just to clarify, I'm not picking on your group. Honestly, I should be the last person to criticize you, since I haven't even seen you IG yet. I'm just taking what people said in consideration and making up something over it. If I'm wrong, my apologies, but the fact that people can't simply rise against you is true. Three main things are major obstacles: Rules, FPS and the fact that you are simply PvP gods.

If you are indeed trying to help the general RP, props to you, keep on it, but never settle. Don't even think that "oh, this is fine. We'll stick to it" idea, and stop evolving your group and characters. Role-play must have constant change, otherwise it gets boring, as we see right now. I acknowledge that I'm a campfire rp nerd, and I can't do much against your skills, but everything I've said in this thread has not been intended to be hostile towards anyone or any group. I'm trying to offer suggestions and ways for us to improve. I know most of these won't work in your views, because of many reasons, but that's how I brainstorm. Just throw a bunch of ideas on the table, and you guys can pick and choose which one is good and which one should be shot and thrown over the window.

I'm just trying to help here. Last thing I want is to get into a conflict with someone, since that wouldn't get us anywhere. I love DayZRP and want it to go forwards, but not at the cost of more role-players like in the past. Instead of us working so hard into trying to defy the fellow members and their words, why don't we join and try to find a common solution and apply it to the server?

Ok, so I had some time away I spent a month away due to personal issues. I actually freaking missed this place. I was excited to get back into it,however the first day back on the forum I was saddened to see so much negative comments and bitching about certain group. (I bet you can’t guess who?).... 

Now the way I see it, everyone should just cut out the bitching ooc on the forums and realise this is a community of different views. No one is going to win or lose. We should all work together as a community and support each other and our stories not Not sit here bitching at one another because you can’t get your own way in rp.  So right now I don’t feel right coming back fully into this while all this shit talk is happening. Just get over it accept things aren’t going to be to everyone’s taste. It’s just a real shame tbh there’s so many great people on here  and if I was a new member joining the community and first thing I saw was all this crap damn I would run a mile. All this shit can be damaging to this server! So please..... can we all just get along ?  

5 minutes ago, kimmylou said:

snip

Sorry that I've wasted all my BeanZ already, but here, have a cat for that post:

gdWIxn2.jpg

Kimmy just said everything I've tried to explain but in a easier way. Just listen to these wise words.

Edited by Rogério SkyLab

3 minutes ago, Rogério SkyLab said:

Sorry that I've wasted all my BeanZ already, but here, have a cat for that post:

gdWIxn2.jpg

Kimmy just said everything I've tried to explain but in a easier way. Just listen to these wise words.

i happily take a cat over beans ? 

28 minutes ago, kimmylou said:

Ok, so I had some time away I spent a month away due to personal issues. I actually freaking missed this place. I was excited to get back into it,however the first day back on the forum I was saddened to see so much negative comments and bitching about certain group. (I bet you can’t guess who?).... 

Now the way I see it, everyone should just cut out the bitching ooc on the forums and realise this is a community of different views. No one is going to win or lose. We should all work together as a community and support each other and our stories not Not sit here bitching at one another because you can’t get your own way in rp.  So right now I don’t feel right coming back fully into this while all this shit talk is happening. Just get over it accept things aren’t going to be to everyone’s taste. It’s just a real shame tbh there’s so many great people on here  and if I was a new member joining the community and first thing I saw was all this crap damn I would run a mile. All this shit can be damaging to this server! So please..... can we all just get along ?  

Even when you meet me that are a "Fucking idiot" ?

13 minutes ago, KennethRP said:

Even when you meet me that are a "Fucking idiot" ?

Louella was having a bad day! Lol 

DayZRP DayZForums

Yeah it's boring at times, but then again you have to remember that a lot of our members are waiting for .63 and there's really no new faces other than people's alts coming around. A lot of people are also saving their juicy new characters for .63. As for the OOC stuff... If DayZRP had a theme song it would be a parody of Gucci Gang by Lil Pump where instead of "Gucci gang" it's "metagame". 

10 hours ago, Mademoiselle said:

-More robbings

- More beatings

- More dynamic and group wars

- Hostile RP (such as the clowns etc)

I couldn't agree more. Sucks that I'm genuinely not scared of random people any more. Not even a little when it comes down to my gear. Why? Because rules. Because I know I'm safe. A feeling I should never have in the apocalypse. Beatings are nice too. Some say "It'd be nice if they can like be different" but a beatings a beating and you can't just change how a beating is. To those who think like this what do you want from me? Want me to shove my foot up their ass? Like literally? Group wars would be amazing, something where groups themselves are fighting not "I'm going to rule everything haha random dude f u" like the old days where two or more groups were dukin it out for whatever reason with at times and depending on the group local settlements getting involved. Not that the total control thing is bad but at the time I feel we need less of it because it's been going on for awhile. #BringBackMasquradeDaddyTodd?

So nobody was able to debate what I said last, figures. 0.63 won't save the community if people are bored of the roleplay in a roleplaying community..

Edited by Jerry

On 6/17/2018 at 4:46 AM, Jerry said:

So nobody was able to debate what I said last, figures. 0.63 won't save the community if people are bored of the roleplay in a roleplaying community..

Dri1Kmm.png

@Jerry Like I said, people are bored of the roleplay because there's less people online and no new faces. .63 will bring people back. Do I think it'll be the great savior of the server? No. The veterans who haven't logged and waited for this update since nam will look at the new rules and be like: "What the actual fuck has happened?" The rules, we're all basically one big happy family in game because we have to be. There is no perfect solution. People hated hostilities, now that they're gone, people want them back. wat. I can't even begin to imagine the toll this must take on Roland.

We can't just give up though, this is the only thriving RP community, not only that but this is our community and everyone here has some sort of passion for this game and roleplay. We owe it to each other and ourselves to try. To some it seems hopeless, they feel as if their voices are not heard and to them I am truly sorry. It's a frustrating battle I know. I don't know what the hell to do or if I should be in a place to give advice but come on guys. Please?

I end this lame ass cringe post on this note: Let's get creative.

2 hours ago, turtlemilk said:

@Jerry Like I said, people are bored of the roleplay because there's less people online and no new faces. .63 will bring people back. Do I think it'll be the great savior of the server? No. The veterans who haven't logged and waited for this update since nam will look at the new rules and be like: "What the actual fuck has happened?" The rules, we're all basically one big happy family in game because we have to be. There is no perfect solution. People hated hostilities, now that they're gone, people want them back. wat. I can't even begin to imagine the toll this must take on Roland.

We can't just give up though, this is the only thriving RP community, not only that but this is our community and everyone here has some sort of passion for this game and roleplay. We owe it to each other and ourselves to try. To some it seems hopeless, they feel as if their voices are not heard and to them I am truly sorry. It's a frustrating battle I know. I don't know what the hell to do or if I should be in a place to give advice but come on guys. Please?

I end this lame ass cringe post on this note: Let's get creative.

When the server population dies within a month of the beta maybe @Roland will realise the current state of the rules are not sustainable. I've tried contacting Roland but to no reply, didn't expect one. This community was thriving but now it has potential to thrive again. I honestly would write a thread with a poll but before I do that I'd want to play in-game, nobody will take anything I have to say if I haven't played in nearly a year. Too bad I currently get "session lost" everytime I've tried to join. I heard the server provider has changed so maybe that's why I can't connect. 

I know there's been polls in the past, but I'd be confident in getting the change done with a well written thread. That being said it seems these 'carebears', if you will, can easily skewer any poll in their favour because they are always on forums. Polls should not be final because not everyone sees them.

Bite the bullet and make the change, the staff team have done it before. I'm in the firm belief that even with 0.62 this community would pack out a server with a better ruleset, you guys have literally driven every bandit to other communities.. 

Rules are always an issue within roleplay communities, regardless of what game or platform you're playing on. People are always going to chase the "perfect solution", but little do they know that perfection doesn't exist, or at least in that sense it doesn't. You can point the finger all you want, but at the end of the day, the server (yes, that means the community and not just administration/management) needs to welcome everybody. Whereas veterans of a server or game can get by without specific rules being in place, brand new players can't. This is especially true for players who're new to roleplay altogether. 

Having spent around 6 years on a hardcore, hyper-realistic roleplay server (not on DayZ), I don't see any major issues with DayZRP's rules. Most of what I've read is the generic standard for a roleplay server, and anything else seems to have a little something for everybody. It seems as though most people have an issue with the "hostile mode" that was put in place, but even with that, there's something for everybody. It also looks like the majority have chosen to be open to hostility, including myself (as of right now I'm on normal, but I'm getting that changed). With that being said, I don't see an issue with people choosing the "normal" mode, either. Everybody's into their own thing and at the end of the day we're all here to enjoy ourselves in our free time, or at least that's the case for me.

Will .63 be the saviour? No. Will it help? Yes. It'll help because players, both old and new are either trying DayZ out for the first time or are getting back into the swing of things, which is essentially step one. Step two is all about welcoming these players with welcome arms and putting our creative minds together as a community to ensure they have a pleasant experience in-game and so that they feel more inclined to stay. So, yeah, I agree that .63 is a good thing for the server. Not just this server, but the DayZ community as a whole.

As for the discussion about roleplay being too "bland" or "boring", you can't always expect to have a thrilling, edge-of-your-seat RP experience. As your character develops and adapts to the world around him/her, you find yourself taking part in more passive RP scenes. I don't find this boring myself - in fact, I find it incredibly interesting. During passive RP you can get to know your peers, create organic and authentic roleplay opportunities and so forth. The important thing is to think outside of the box; don't be afraid to try new things! In saying that, put your creative minds together and you'll find yourself in authentic scenes. If all else fails, maybe it's time to try a new character, or at least take a break from your current. 

Roleplay is one of the best things that came from video games, as you can be as open-minded as you want, so long as you keep things realistic. 

50 minutes ago, Nathanfitzi said:

Roleplay is one of the best things that came from video games, as you can be as open-minded as you want, so long as you keep things realistic. 

Roleplaying in game settings has been around far longer than video games. Video games just gave the world the roleplay is set in, a more visual representation, instead of a board and some set pieces and character models. It also removed the need for a few mechanics, like dice rolls and the need for a Games Master to tell you what you see in each room, essentially video games have streamlined roleplaying, but certainly not what produced roleplaying. I mean people were playing Dungeons and Dragons for about a year before Pong was even released. 

But anyhow, I think our major problem at the moment is 0.63 experimental. We will have a lot of people playing that version at the moment, just waiting for the private servers to be fixed and released before they roleplay again. So an already dwindling population (due to bannings, rule changes and people just not enjoying 0.62 for the most part) is going to go under a brief phase of even lower population, from the people currently playing on experimental, either to get used to the new mechanics, or just to play something different, but the same. Once we have the 0.63 server I can see the population increase again. But till then we are in a bit of an hiatus. 

Oh, don't get me wrong, by no means am I saying that roleplay was invented on or for video games, but there's a massive difference between the traditional roleplaying game such as Dungeons and Dragons and roleplaying what we do here on DayZ and other video games. The fact still stands that the best opportunities/scenes come from keeping an open-mind, though. I am far from a seasoned member of this community, but there is a lot of freedom to work with from what I've seen and read. For this reason, I'm led to believe that the same people who say their roleplay experiences are boring are themselves not making enough effort, or are looking over passive RP.

I agree with you in that 0.63 experimental is problematic at this very moment in time. Not just because of the reasons you mentioned, but also because there are certain tweaks and changes that need to be made in order for us to be able to work with it. I do believe that it'll be beneficial in the long-run, though. You're definitely right in saying that we're missing out on a number of players as they're likely to upgrade to .63, play and not downgrade, though.

2 hours ago, Nathanfitzi said:

As for the discussion about roleplay being too "bland" or "boring", you can't always expect to have a thrilling, edge-of-your-seat RP experience. As your character develops and adapts to the world around him/her, you find yourself taking part in more passive RP scenes. I don't find this boring myself - in fact, I find it incredibly interesting. During passive RP you can get to know your peers, create organic and authentic roleplay opportunities and so forth. The important thing is to think outside of the box; don't be afraid to try new things! In saying that, put your creative minds together and you'll find yourself in authentic scenes. If all else fails, maybe it's time to try a new character, or at least take a break from your current. 

Your optimism is refreshing, however when people "try something new" they seem to think the solution is more hostile groups going around forcing role-play out of people. That's not to say having hostile groups around is a bad thing, but I just feel like people need to actually try something NEW. I've been around a while and I've seen some pretty unique ideas ranging from groups role playing as a courier and mail service to even groups that dedicate themselves to being bus drivers and transport people across the map. Unfortunately, these ideas eventually fell through because hostile groups find it fun to tear them apart and drive them off. I'm not saying that hostilities towards these groups shouldn't exist, but it was to the extent of discouraging them from continuing to RP and fulfill they're groups goals. Now with the new "Color Coded Character Thingamajig", I feel like it will benefit those who want to come up with unique groups ideas that will benefit the quality of RP for a lot of people on the server.

The reason people haven't been coming up cool new ideas is because they feel discouraged to do so because they KNOW it's gonna be shit-canned by certain groups. RP doesn't have to be hostile in order for it to be interesting and fun.  

Edited by Flea