Server time: 2018-09-25, 21:53

OliverPlotTwist

DayZ 0.63/BETA Discussion Thread

Fists are way OP right now. It's fucking great.

What do you think about moving radio into the game. I mean game serve us with working radio and a few ways to make use of it. It would be great to communicate through the radio like u already do on forums

When we moving to .63 now that its out?

33 minutes ago, Moxy said:

I don't think you can this experimental branch from the looks of it. I think that they are waiting until 80 pop servers 

34 minutes ago, Moxy said:

There is currently something that they are trying to fix before they give private servers access to switching to 0.63 exp.  No time frame given to how long it will be, but they said that they are working on fixing it ASAP.

6 minutes ago, Kain said:

I don't think you can this experimental branch from the looks of it. I think that they are waiting until 80 pop servers 

no sir. i dont remember which thread roland posted in but private servers cant switch yet. once we can we will, and another server will host 0.62

1 hour ago, Whitename said:

no sir. i dont remember which thread roland posted in but private servers cant switch yet. once we can we will, and another server will host 0.62

I mean the DayZ devs, not Rolle you mong amazing staff member. I think that the devs are waiting until they can push for 80 pop servers to allow server owners to host their own servers.

4 minutes ago, Kain said:

mong

Flaming, +30

Just now, Roland said:

Flaming, +30

Shit he caught me boys.

@Karma thank you for being a good friend

@Whitename Vasily was a great friend

gg boys, here comes my perma

10 hours ago, Mr. Blue said:

skiðp

is the meme the convo or the footage? cuz both are equally meme worthy.

Hopefully, this game will be finished by the end of 2019.

1 minute ago, Eagle said:

is the meme the convo or the footage? cuz both are equally meme worthy.

Hopefully, this game will be finished by the end of 2019.

DayZRP 2019 Leaked Footage

So what everyone is trying to say is, Soon(tm)? 

17 minutes ago, Moxy said:

So what everyone is trying to say is, Soon(tm)? 

Pretty much. Would be great to see a 0.63 server soon

™️

A new status Report update! (Thanks to @Chief for finding it)

https://dayz.com/blog/status-report-3-july-2018

Take a read through, the memory leak is fixed. Woo!!

BUT, in order to move to exp. we have to wait for the stress tests then the push to exp. branches. By then we should (hopefully) be able to swap to .63 for DayZRP! (Bearing that nothing crops up or Roland decides he doesn't want to for whatever reason.)

I'm excited for jumping! Roof top parkour!! 

Jumping will be a nice feature to see in-game. 

rQVEa-6ExtC7BduptcBkzcvZK4ihLx6Jcr9Ki6va

I'm all for 0.63, but I have a bad feeling this is about as far as they go with DayZ. Not to mention the term "Beta" implies the game is thus feature complete, and only bug fixing and optimisation remains, when it doesn't even have helicopters in yet. Seems like a cheap cop out to invigorate any last interest/sales before they shelf it with some basic mod support so it doesn't die in a week so they can focus on Vigor. Maybe I'm biased because of my dislike for Bohemia as a development studio, due to the state of their games they release them in, Arma 3 being a prime example. 

21 hours ago, Syoto said:

I'm all for 0.63, but I have a bad feeling this is about as far as they go with DayZ. Not to mention the term "Beta" implies the game is thus feature complete, and only bug fixing and optimisation remains, when it doesn't even have helicopters in yet. Seems like a cheap cop out to invigorate any last interest/sales before they shelf it with some basic mod support so it doesn't die in a week so they can focus on Vigor. Maybe I'm biased because of my dislike for Bohemia as a development studio, due to the state of their games they release them in, Arma 3 being a prime example. 

50/50 on this myself. Whilst I'd love to buy into Bohemia's promises, there's just too much doubt due to their previous mistakes. I genuinely hope that they've got their shit together and are going to come through, though. Only time will tell. 

The only thing keeping me holding on is the fact that Vigor has its own dedicated dev team, but that's not exactly enough to convince me 100%.

Tbh for some reason I am preferring 0.62 at it's current state.

Reasons for 0.62 being better: Easy to get food, Zombies are still a threat, Water is everywhere, Movement isn't even that bad, Weapons perform decently but sometimes desync just destroys them, server connections aren't bad, the engine running isn't bad

Reasons for 0.63 being better: Better engine, More survival aspect (Apart from dying of dehydration and Starvation because there is NO FOOD ANYWHERE) Movement is smoother, Weapons are better (still buggy af) Map improvements. 

Ummm that's about it oops......

food is plentiful, are you even looking? i've found cans upon cans upon cans. it is drinks I struggle to find, but then there are wells in pretty much every town.

I was just thinking I was like "damn, I cannot fucking wait till 63 drops. The rp is gonna be so good" 

Hope it brings more people to the community 😛

There's already several threads regarding Beta. Here's the most popular one. 

@CallMeGhosty, thread /merged with DayZ 0.63/BETA Discussion Thread. Please use the search function before creating new topics.