Server time (UTC): 2019-12-16, 00:58 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
OliverPlotTwist

DayZ 0.63/BETA Discussion Thread

Good job with the thread. Let's just hope that this update live up to it's expectations, since it's Beta anyways.

The only thing we need is Workshop.

And...

dayz_dance_simulator-126415.gif

Edited by Rogério SkyLab

Good job man, but lets not forget this baby <3 

dayz-bicycle-w-i-p-preview-dayz-1.jpg

36 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecter said:

Good job man, but lets not forget this baby <3 

I was a bit hesitant to show any new vehicles or items because there is no list of confirmed items that will be in 0.63. Maybe I'll add a section at the bottom of 'unconfirmed stuff that could be in this patch'

I want those bicycles and weed implanted so I can make an all Dutch group

beans for the hard work buddy 

Looks great, I feel like this will help shed some light on what to expect and hopefully build some hype for anyone losing hope, awesome job. I personally hope they add the Saiga 12k as well
800px-Saiga_12.jpg.dcbd02cdf29cde112585f80a97aa118c.jpg

Just wanted to say nice work doing this, always appreciated! You have my beanz good sir!

If half of this gets added in beta I'll be buzzing. But I do not have high hopes, let's just pray that we get somewhere sooner rather than later

Give me a PKM.

Other than that I'm dissapointed it's taken so long.

I need that plane

I feel like base building is really going to help our community the most, as now we can have actual settlements built around what people would actually want their settlement to be like. For example, Settlement A is meant to be a trading camp, but they require visitors to holster their weapons before entering. So, they can now build high walls, a gate, and a watchtower to have someone tell them that they wont gain entry unless they comply. Or Settlement B wants nobody entering it, they simply want their own territory. So they can now beef up defenses and their walls, and keep it locked tight so that only members can get inside. Or maybe settlement C likes to capture people and lock them up. Surely they would be able to build some sort of makeshift prison area for them, that isn't easy to escape from. It would really improve the whole staying power of factions, their ability to maintain their stock, a clearer representation of their ownership of an area, and would also help update and improve the iffy rules that are used on settlements currently. It would just make everything a hell of a lot easier for factions. 

It might not be a lot to add but this base building seems like a cool concept.

I want more clothes :(
and being able to take your actual undershirt thing off for dank daryl RPz

I would love that you would be able to customise what your character looks like!

Just adding some different hair styles and beards can easily make a huge difference!

32 minutes ago, Saunders said:

let's just pray that we get somewhere sooner rather than later

31 minutes ago, Randle said:

Other than that I'm dissapointed it's taken so long.

Yeah I wouldn't expect this update until Q4. But then again we need to consider that they are; creating two entire engine modules, re-writing everything in the new Enforce script, adding testing and designing new gameplay systems and trying to make it all work without any major issues.

But if there is any sign of hope the devs have already started testing 0.63

KCOqKNjMJF7w17M1f15H3D51wd0G-l7VzsNREiyK

https://www.dayzspy.com/server/108.61.159.251:2305/live

11 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I want more clothes :(
and being able to take your actual undershirt thing off for dank daryl RPz

If previous experience is anything to go on we will most likely get more clothes. The majority of clothing items are never shown to us before a update we just kinda find them once the update goes live. 

33 minutes ago, Squillium said:

I need that plane

Yeah the plane looks really cool. Here are some more pictures if you want to take a look:

https://trello.com/c/607yllpt/133-crop-duster-airplane-bumblebee

Helicopter... :x

I really want that Bizon and the Pump Shotty though, alongside the third person camera. I can't wait!

2 minutes ago, HappyPenguin said:

I would love that you would be able to customise what your character looks like!

Just adding some different hair styles and beards can easily make a huge difference!

The devs have said that because of the nature of their engine doing something like this wouldn't be very viable. However the devs have said that they want to add a lot more player models to make up for that.

2 minutes ago, OliverPlotTwist said:

The devs have said that because of the nature of their engine doing something like this wouldn't be very viable. However the devs have said that they want to add a lot more player models to make up for that.

Its a shame really. But more character models is better than nothing 

Oh yeah beards are going to be a thing. I don't know why I forgot about that.

Beard1.jpg

They will grow over time. And you will be able to shave them if you wish.

Edited by OliverPlotTwist

12 minutes ago, OliverPlotTwist said:

This is one thing I've been really looking forward too, it's the little things that count right?! Oh and more clothes would also be fantastic which I'm very sure that we will see. But beards.. that grow overtime.. oh my days!! :D

1 minute ago, Saunders said:

1 minute ago, Saunders said:

This is one thing I've been really looking forward too, it's the little things that count right?! Oh and more clothes would also be fantastic which I'm very sure that we will see. But beards.. that grow overtime.. oh my days!! :D

Haha beards and clothes make my day on dayz ^_^