Server time (UTC): 2019-11-14, 22:49
Deer Isle Purge
TODAY | 2019-11-15 00:01:00 (server time) | Starts in 1 hour, 11 minutes | Deer Isle Server | PvP
Sign in to follow this  
Dino

Fallout 76 Thread

D1yDouG.png

As many of you might already know, the next game coming out from Bethesda is Fallout 76

Here is the teaser for the game, feel free to discuss and provide any info you might find regarding the game.

Lore info regarding Vault 76: ''The Vault-Tec terminal in the Citadel lists Vault 76 as a "control" vault located in Virginia, with 500 occupants. The vault was designed to open 20 years after a nuclear war, and was among the seventeen known control vaults, meaning that it was used as a baseline to compare to experimental vaults. It is also mentioned in one of the alien captive recorded logs (no.13) recorded by Giles Wolstencroft, a Vault-Tec official who was abducted while inspecting the vault's construction site. In Fallout 4, the newsreader in the prologue mentions Vault 76 debuting in 2076 in honor of America's tercentenary when discussing Vault-Tec's plans to expand''

Fallout 76 Microsoft E3 trailer

Spoiler

Fallout 76 Power Armour Edition Trailer

Spoiler

Twitch and YouTube VOD of the Bethesda conference at the point where Todd Howard starts talking about Fallout 76 

Spoiler

Pointers I've written so far in the thread

Spoiler

First section of pointers

• 4x the size of Fallout 4
  • Set in the hills of West Virginia
  • You (the player) are one of the first to emerge from the Vault 
  • You spend 25 years in the Vault before the doors are opened (reclamation day)
  • Enhanced engine to render and make the game world even better than before (upgrade from the Skyrim and Fallout 4 engines)
  • Fallout 76 is entirely online, but you CAN play this solo
  • During one of the game play videos shown you can see a party of 4 people playing together
  • Settlements and camps can be built anywhere and can be moved to anywhere
  • Game play keeps showing off a party of 4 playing together, hinting towards a 4 player co-op where you can so quest together.
  • SPECULATION: Online might be something similar to Borderlands. There is a possibility that the world grows as a type of MMO, but you can play with a 4 man party or even just play 'local' with just your 4 man party or alone. Look at sections 2 for more info regarding public/private lobbies
  • SPECULATION: Possibility of PvP elements in the game looking at the game play video, in terms of your base/settlement. PVP confirmed, look on section 2
  • The world has several nuclear sites dotted around the map that are at your disposal if you manage to acquire them.  
  • The game runs on dedicated servers
  • The game is going to run through a Beta phase where people can play and bug test. It seems you need to pre-order the game to get access to the Beta
  • GAME IS RELEASING: 14th of NOVEMBER 2018!!!
  • No mentions of modding during the conference as far as I could catch. The fact that the game is online might prove some difficulties when it comes to modding, but we'll have to see how that goes. Modding confirmed, look at section 2

Second section of pointers

• Modding will not be there at launch, but will come down the line. The same goes for private lobbies, they won't be there at the start
  • You will be able to host private lobbies. (Private lobbies can be modded, but public ones cannot)
  • VATS is still a thing, instead of freeze time like Fallout 3 and New Vegas or slow time like in Fallout 4, it will be in real time due to the game being in a multiplayer/co-op focus
  • They don't want to limit PVP, but are rather looking for way to limit griefing (Guessing this mostly goes for public lobbies)
  • There are going to be NPCs, just not HUMAN NPCs. All the NPCs are going to be robots while the other players you see around you are the humans of the world. Someone still needs to be able to give you the quests
  • You are able to play the game by yourself even though you can see other players around you. You can just simply ignore them (it might work a bit different when private lobbies are introduced)

Third Section of pointers

• As of right now, the max party size you can have is 4 and one world instance will have a max of 24-32 players (they will tweak this depending on how the beta goes).
  • As of right now, all players will be constantly be marked in real time on your map (can be tweaked depending on how beta feedback goes).
  • For the beginning there isn't too much stopping PvP, but they're going to actively look into how people play and balance out the PvP and possible griefing. Quote from the video regarding when players collide and griefing: ''Let 'em collide. Where there's extra bad griefing ... we have a number of levers. But that to me is where a lot of the drama is. ... It'll be messy for a but we can solve it.'' So in the beginning phase it can be quite messy when it comes to griefing and such, but there is a good chance that they will get a good feel for how things could be balanced after the beta comes out.
  • When you build a base and you log off, your base will be packed up and taken out of the game world. It will then be redeployed when you log in again. If you log in and there is already a base in that world instance where you had your base, your base will stay packed up and you can deploy it somewhere else.
  • Micro-transactions are going to be a thing, but ONLY for cosmetics and ALL cosmetics that can be bought can also be earned by playing the game normally.
  • The game is going to be supported for years to come and ALL DLC IS GOING TO BE FREE.
  • As of right now, dying has no impact on your character and progression (can be changed and tweaked after beta and launch).
  • NPC Faction; The Scorched. They are a group of ghouls that is able to use guns. My guess is that they are going to be one of the main antagonists in the game story line.
  • A lot of Vest Virginia folk lore is being used to create the different type of monsters and mutated hostile NPCs.
  • Level cap seems to be at level 50.
  • There are certain roles/traits/skills/perks that you can pick and choose. You can't have EVERYTHING which means that you need to change up your play-style depending on what you do. You are able to reset your skills and such to select other things. If you are a party of 4 then you can have some individuals specializing in different things. Example of picking a perk in the intelligence skill: https://i.imgur.com/28raDhy.jpg
  • Weapons conditions have returned, so you need to repair your weapons and possibly armour.
  • Weapons also have levels, my guess would be kinda how some MMOs have it where you do have a little grind to get higher level versions of your weapon. It's not yet fully known how it will work out.
  • Crafting has been expanded even further from what we've had in previous games. Fallout 3/New Vegas/Fallout 4. You can craft bullets which has always been modded into the previous Fallout games and expanded even further.
  • You can take over 'public workshops' where you can set up trading and these hubs can give you access to more rare crafting materials so you're able to make even better things.
  • There has been some talk about you being able to set up a robot vendor to sell stuff, but it has not been confirmed to be in yet.
  • When a place gets nuked by one of the missiles sites, that area will become more radiated and higher level enemies will spawn there. What type of enemy that spawns there are all dependent on the area that gets nuked. These areas will spawn better gear and crafting materials. These effects will slowly degrade until that area becomes normal again.
  • It's easy to join in a game sessions with a friend, simply press join game and you will be put into a loading screen and you will be in the same game instance as him/her.
  • There are no 'game servers' or regions to choose from, you just get put into a game session if you're playing by yourself or the same game sessions with your friends. We'll have to wait and see how the whole private lobbies thing will work out.
  • Animation system has been greatly expanded.
  • Clothing/armour system and customization has been expanded.
  • A type of Team Deathmatch mode has been confirmed.
  • VOIP and TEXT is confirmed to be in the game. It now just depends on if it only work within your party (like a party chat), the game world (global chat) or your individual character (like we have it in DayZ/local chat).

One thing to keep in mind, Bethesda have been wanting to make a multiplayer/co-op style Fallout for a long time but have never gotten the chance to do so. When Zenimax (their parent company) acquired BattleCry studios they got put to the challenge to change up the engine for it to work with multiplayer. They first wanted it to make it work with Fallout 4, but that task would be impossible as they would need to rewrite A LOT of the engine and how it works due to how the Fallout 4 engine operates (only things around the 1 player is loaded and working, everything else on the map would crash your game as it wouldn't ''be'' there. Also how quest works and quest progressions since they were tied down to the quest itself and not the character.

For the people that were expecting ''Fallout 5'' are going to be disappointed since it is not going to be a fully such game and never was intended to be so. It's still going to be Fallout, but the 'feel' might be a bit different. This is the first time Bethesda Game Studio have ever made a multiplayer game and this game is going to be a whole new learning process for many of the developers for how they do thing in the beginning of this game, later on and in future games.
(these two last paragraphs are me paraphrasing some things that was said and mentioned in the documentary)

Forth section of pointers

QuakeCon 2018 was a couple of days ago and some new stuff and some old stuff have been said. I'm stealing a list that someone else made because I'm a bit lazy to make my own. I haven't gone through it all myself and haven't watched any of the QuakeCon panels so I don't fully know the credibility of this, but the fact that it's pinned on the subreddit (at the time of posting this) I would think it would be pretty legit.

SPECIAL and Perk Cards

• Players able to share Perk Cards in their group but diverse groups of characters with different Perk Cards are encouraged

• On your first level-up, you pick a SPECIAL you want to increase and pick a Perk Card within that SPECIAL

• Every SPECIAL is a pool of points for the Perk Cards you want to equip

• Each Perk Card has a point cost for how powerful that card is

• You can level-up Perk Cards for more powerful bonuses

• You can pick any Perk Card you meet the requirements for, no randomness

• SPECIAL cap is now at 15, not 10

• Perk Cards can go up to level 5 in power

• Mutation Perks with benefits and drawbacks

• Charisma allows your party to share more Perk Cards with each other - encourages people to spend points in Charisma

• Perk Card Packs are awarded every two levels and every five levels after level 10; you get a pack of four random Perk Cards

• Gum from Perk Card Packs reduces Hunger need

• You can swap out your active Perk Cards at any time

• One Perk Card per level

• Perk Card Packs can also give you Perk Cards you'd otherwise need to be a higher level for

• When you hit level 50 you don't get SPECIAL points anymore but you still get to pick Perk Cards

Characters and Mechanics

• You wake up in the Vault on Reclamation Day

• Improved character customiser

• You take your profile picture of your character with Photo Mode

• Photo Mode has multiple settings and filters, can be used both inside the Vault and out

• Few loading screens in the game, uses photos as loading screen slides

• Completely customisable characters, including sex, at any time in the game

• Increased Rads gives you greater chance of mutating

Gameplay

• No saves

• No PvP until level 5

• You can ignore and block players to avoid them seeing you on the map

• Pacifist flag to prevent you damaging other players

Community Questions

- Why can't we play the B.E.T.A. sooner?

• Things still need fixing, stress testing, need to get ready for crashing, getting ready to get it fixed ASAP

- PvP; how does it work? What's the deal with griefing?

• We want this element of danger but without griefing; when you shoot someone it does lower damage, acts as an invitation to combat - full damage when in full, mutual combat - more Caps rewarded on kill if higher level. If you are killed you can get revenge on your killer and get double rewards.
  • People who kill unwilling combatants become 'wanted' with a bounty - a known murderer. Visible on map to all players. There is no reward for killing unwilling combatants. Bounty comes out of the wanted persons Caps pool. They can't see the bounty hunters who come after them.

- What happens when you die?

• You only drop Junk items when you die, taking away important resources for crafting/building. There are stashes around the map to keep Junk safe.
  • If in PvP, you can take other people's Junk items as a reward.

- How does respawning work?

• You can respawn anywhere; Vault 76 is free to respawn but you can pay Caps to spawn elsewhere

- If you're a higher level character with better armor, weapons etc. how do I engage with lower players?

• Power curve; weapons are balanced between players bringing them to average level / damage dealt

- What happens if I / a place gets nuked? What about my C.A.M.P.?

• When you nuke a C.A.M.P. it does destroy structures but you can blueprint your camps and replace it and move it if needed. Easy to repair destroyed structures, players can destroy walls to prevent getting stuck or trapped

- How does communication work?

• Emote wheel, voice chat for teammates and optional voice chat for other players that is vicinity-based. You can mute other players.

- VATS; how does it work if it's online and real-time?

• You target the whole body, you can't target body parts without a perk. Perception based, can invest in it to improve it for those that struggle with gunplay

- Who is scoring Fallout 76 and what's the music in the game?

• Inon Zur. Lots of licensed songs, radio stations confirmed.

- What about private servers?

• Definitely going to happen, as is modding.
  • Live game; there is a roadmap, it'll be a very different game a year and years after launch. B.E.T.A. is the first step to those changes

E3 interview with Todd Howard

Spoiler

The Making of Fallout 76 - Documentary

Spoiler

Fallout 76 - Welcome to West Virginia Gameplay Trailer

Spoiler

Fallout 76 - You Will Emerge! Introduction to Multiplayer Gameplay Video

Spoiler

Fallout 76 – A New American Dream! An Intro to C.A.M.P. Gameplay Video

Spoiler

Fallout 76 – The Power of the Atom! Intro to Nukes Gameplay Video

Spoiler

Interview with Todd Howard (in Italian, rundown inside)

Spoiler

https://multiplayer.it/articoli/todd-howard-fallout-76-the-elder-scrolls-6-starfield.html

• Cross platform will not be a thing due to a handful of reasons, primarily because they want to do a lot of new things.
  • Long term plan: ''However, one of our long-term plans is to have servers where you can live your lonely world. You alone. Or at the limit where you can invite only your friends; or you can apply mods and change the rules at your discretion. All of this is in our projects but there will not be at the launch of the game.''
  • Topic spawnkilling: Several tricks are being used to prevent this, the only one mentioned is that you cannot kill a player until they reach level 5. All of this can be changed depending on feedback they get and how it all plays out.
  • The settlements you build can only be partially damaged and not completely destroyed. It will not cost much to repair them. Reasoning for why the camps will be destructible: '' The reason we make it damaged is because it is possible to confine another player in the camp, if it can not break it becomes a problem. That's why we decided to make the camps destructible: not because we want to stimulate others to attack your shelter but to prevent players from using the camp to annoy other players.''
  • Fast travel is still going to be a thing like previous games.
  • There are not going to be any vehicles or mounts.
  • 2 questions that he didn't fully answer regarding quests
        - So will the other players be able to assign you missions? ''Not exactly.''
        - Can you not be more specific?  ''Not now, we'll talk about it later.''
  • Day/night cycle and variable weather is going to be a thing.
  • Beta is going to be released in several stages and they hope that the main Beta test is going to be the full game with all its features.
  • Battle Royale is not going to be a thing or a focus when the game releases. That might change depending on the want and/or possibilities for such a game mode.

Fallout 76 – Vault-Tec Presents: Being a Better You! Perks Video

Spoiler

Fallout 76 – Vault-Tec Presents: Atomics for Peace! Nukes Video

Spoiler

A Gameinformer article that goes a bit in depth in perks, PvP, nukes, C.A.M.P.s, quests and some more stuff

Fallout 76 – Official In-Game Intro

Spoiler

Edited by Dino

New fallout game gonna be sick 

Meh, kinda bored of Fallout. But hopefully this one is ...Different!

Also, you both made a thread on the same thing. 

/Merged.

I'm so confused - I was really hoping for a Fallout 3 Anniversary Edition and kinda expecting just a port switch ... but an entire new Fallout-game?

Eh, Fallout never became what Elder Scrolls means to me but I'll probably still play whatever this will be.

Really like the song though, hard not to ofcourse.

Edited by barto300

couldnt give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

There are rumors it could be an MMO/Multiplayer game however part of me says no but the other says "YESSSSSSSSS". We'll have to see what E3 brings.

I got very exited when I heard 76, fallout set 20 years after the war could be amazing... harsher environments, radiation everywhere... I'm excited.

I'm loving the classic fallout look, pip boy 2000, old vault style from the fallout 2 trailer, looks like it may be very similar in gameplay and mechanics to Fallout 4, much like New Vegas was to 3, but who knows!

Listening to the trailer and the whole 'we must rebuild' line overthrowing the music I think it may have a story that is more centred around rebuilding some sort of civilisation, that and it's currently the in thing for most devs to throw into their post apocalyptic games recently, excited to see what it'll be.

6 minutes ago, Shane Is Dead said:

couldnt give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Cared enough to comment though..

2 minutes ago, Mexi said:

Listening to the trailer and the whole 'we must rebuild' line overthrowing the music I think it may have a story that is more centred around rebuilding some sort of civilisation, that and it's currently the in thing for most devs to throw into their post apocalyptic games recently, excited to see what it'll be.

Cared enough to comment though..

Its gonna be trash like fallout 4 bet

Just now, Shane Is Dead said:

Its gonna be trash like fallout 4 bet

cared enough to comment, again.. I think you care about this game Shane.

Fallout 4 was alright tbh, each to their own.

Virginia represent!

Other than that, I'm pretty "meh" about the whole thing.

I'll just wait and see what E3 holds.

4 minutes ago, Shane Is Dead said:

nice meme la ?

Stop it Shane you hate everything.

Just now, Dom Is Dead said:

Stop it Shane you hate everything.

I like overwatch, god of war, battlefield, sports and plenty of other things ? 

Just now, The Buddha said:

What happened to the other 72 fallout games? Were they mobile games or something? 

Image result for you stop that

Bad meme, BAD!

COUNTRY ROOOOADDDDSSSS

@Cosmo @Mark

Not much we can gather from the preview except it MIGHT take place in Virginia?

2 minutes ago, The Buddha said:

What happened to the other 72 fallout games? Were they mobile games or something? 

Name is based off the vault number, holster the bad memes.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_76

Always loved the fallout series. Hope Bethesda takes steps forward instead of backwards this time around.

Eh, I don't know. I liked 4 enough to play it through, but I haven't bothered going back to it since. If it's MMO I'll stay far away from it, but if not then I'll probably try it out.

Doesn't look too appealing for me. Fallout 4 was the last one I played. Haven't really got that much interest in the series anymore.

8 minutes ago, The Buddha said:

None of the other games are named after their vault numbers. Consistency Bethesda. Fucking consistency. 

Vault 76 is a very important vault ?