Server time: 2018-08-18, 12:16

Dino

Fallout 76 Thread

lets hope they undo all the changes they made in fallout 4! 😄

So, my feelings on this are mixed. The Fallout series is my favorite game universe to date, and I'm excited to see a new game being released. However, given Bethesda's recent track record of releasing ridiculous gimmicky products (Remastered and VR versions of recent games they've already released, plus Fallout Shelter on PC) I don't know what to think of this. I would have LOVED an anniversary version of Fallout 3..... Yes I know it would technically be a remaster, but hey, Fallout 3 was fucking incredible, and would be solid as FUCK on the Fallout 4 engine (Minus the dialogue wheel, voiced protagonist and level system). 

IF this ends up being the "New Vegas" of Fallout 4, I will also be happy, especially considering the information we already know regarding vault 76.

Online MMO..... I think the Fallout universe would make for a better MMO environment as opposed to TES. However I'm always a little sketchy when it comes to online releases for games that are meant to be a solely singleplayer experience.

I'm not really holding my breath on this one, though I am looking forward to finding out the full details at E3. Whatever it is, I just hope Bethesda do it right.

Lol at all the guys here hoping for "good story" and a "Fun main quest line"... 

ya'll realise it's a rust clone right?
34034493_10209788108377898_6401078653614030848_n.png?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeGxyoGpNQrvITlhe2tlFj-ZLlW42rRIVacDOd8trB1izmIQ8fl7A_iSSFP7FNqWdf87ARUP7QaFx7VMqV3XEjkn_Pih9M3Du7aBRiJ9V9jsAQ&oh=468474312fb734bcddf3321b8d9757f1&oe=5BBFFF62

34033205_10209787916333097_6427919957241102336_n.png?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeGKXhcEeRO4e30WZIQXvnEsa0vbl9KmpxZS55RUwj_aRVhuTWgAv-LM2mqdrySV-sv-B_Izupi4fWezLg-3U8NGXpJWUgHiiDeHd3uulaUt1g&oh=5b0aa4b360897ecf272b1feebbd4a12f&oe=5B8939B3

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Vault 76 is a very important vault 😉

So were all the other vaults, considering the protagonists from those games came out of them, or had equiptment inside them that could change the way of life for those outside them. Also how could a control vault be special? Being a baseline vault would mean life inside would be perfectly fine. Anyone coming out of the vault would be perfectly content with their life in the vault, no tyrannical powers or clones or food shortages, dream state machines, hallucinogens, deadly plants.... These are interesting vaults, a vault where nothing happens in it... Yes, that must be so special. 

I'm waiting to see if they release an unfinished broken game that is fixed by the modding community and content creaters... I love Fallout in general but that seems to be the mode with them. 

Posted (edited)

I'd be much happier if I saw an Obsidian logo at the end ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  (disliked both fallout 3 & 4. New Vegas is my favourite single-player)

Edited by SkinVestRP

I'm really excited for this especually after I personally enjoyed Fallout 4. I am looking forward to the E3 presentation. 

Hope this game doesn't turn out like fallout 4 , where it made it more "next gen" friendly . Completely changed the game into a shooter rather than a rpg like the other fallouts. 

Just now, Saints said:

Hope this game doesn't turn out like fallout 4 , where it made it more "next gen" friendly . Completely changed the game into a shooter rather than a rpg like the other fallouts. 

It is a rust clone... 

I'm glad its not going to be a single player RPG. Since Bethesda thinks RPG means mindless looter shooter, with mundane narrative choices and flat damage buff perks...

Should be interesting to see where they go with this.

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, The Buddha said:

So were all the other vaults, considering the protagonists from those games came out of them, or had equiptment inside them that could change the way of life for those outside them. Also how could a control vault be special? Being a baseline vault would mean life inside would be perfectly fine. Anyone coming out of the vault would be perfectly content with their life in the vault, no tyrannical powers or clones or food shortages, dream state machines, hallucinogens, deadly plants.... These are interesting vaults, a vault where nothing happens in it... Yes, that must be so special. 

Control group means that its a real fallout shelter.  That means Vault tec had no experiments in the vault and the actual purpose of the vault was to preserve life.

other vaults are experiments. The vault 101 was also a control group. 

39 minutes ago, Taryn said:

I'm waiting to see if they release an unfinished broken game that is fixed by the modding community and content creaters... I love Fallout in general but that seems to be the mode with them. 

you mean were gonna start off with a moisen and m4 like dayz? 

Personally doesnt matter what the game is like, Ill buy it and they know it. FFS. Hope its decent.

Edited by SweetJoe

Just now, SweetJoe said:

Control group means that its a real fallout shelter.  That means Vault tec had no experiments in the vault and the actual purpose of the vault was to preserve life.

other vaults are experiments. The vault 101 was also a control group. 

That is exactly what I said. Nothing happened in the vault of any worthy note, except people lived in it. 

Vault 101 was not a control group, the overseer scenario was an experiment too. 

Just now, The Buddha said:

That is exactly what I said. Nothing happened in the vault of any worthy note, except people lived in it. 

Vault 101 was not a control group, the overseer scenario was an experiment too. 

was it? I cant remember what the experiment was in that vault. 

It's reported in one of the other vaults or the citadel, been a while since I have played fallout 3, but yeah, the whole overseer scenario (one unelected supreme leader) was a scenario they experimented with.  Vault 76 will have no internal conflicts, unless one is forced.. but then that would not make it a control vault. The doors will open and the protagonist and the other 499 people should just be able to walk out. What happens after leaving the vault will be interesting, life in the vault would be mundane and just is. 

1 minute ago, The Buddha said:

It's reported in one of the other vaults or the citadel, been a while since I have played fallout 3, but yeah, the whole overseer scenario (one unelected supreme leader) was a scenario they experimented with.  Vault 76 will have no internal conflicts, unless one is forced.. but then that would not make it a control vault. The doors will open and the protagonist and the other 499 people should just be able to walk out. What happens after leaving the vault will be interesting, life in the vault would be mundane and just is. 

Do you think the who game is going to be a civilization builder? 

Will it be multiplayer? I doubt it, so i dunno.

7 minutes ago, SweetJoe said:

was it? I cant remember what the experiment was in that vault. 

Vault 101 was designed to never open, that was the underlying experiment.

1 minute ago, Harvey said:

you know what? your right. Thanks for that.

1 minute ago, Harvey said:

Inb4 its a City-Builder-Game like Cities: Skylines xD

3 minutes ago, Malet said:

I would still play it tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Malet said:

There is a good chance it will be either that or a survival rust like game, but there is also a chance it will be a new Vegas style game!

fallout > elder scrolls

🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Taryn said:

I would still play it tbh. 

Same but I have to admit as a huge fan of Fallout 3 I was really hoping for an anniversary edition 😕

1 minute ago, CaliforniaRP said:

fallout > elder scrolls

🤷‍♂️

You just caused DayzRP Civil War!

2 minutes ago, Malet said:

Same but I have to admit as a huge fan of Fallout 3 I was really hoping for an anniversary edition 😕

next time