Server time (UTC): 2020-10-28, 02:19
Sign in to follow this  
Ghost of Osku

Warning points appeal

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

cb1cd34d336150d1918db8ea3326d7fa.png

Why the verdict is not fair: Yeah i sort of get the reasoning behind the new whitelist part even though i completely disagree with it but "We as staff do not know the nature of your relations"? Isnt Nate beaning the post a pretty good indicator? Im assuming this was considered as an "insult" by staff but the defining characteristic of an insult is disrespect and contempt and in this case thats a far fetch. I could go on and on here about how i think this is stupid and will lead us down a dark path from where there is no return blah blah blah... but im sure if/when this happens again to someone else they will make a topic about it with fancy polls and shit and it will become the "complaint of the week"-thread with everyone giving their opinion and beaning each other left and right.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: I wasnt going to appeal this at first but was encouraged to do so by a staff member.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: Removal of points

What could you have done better?: Not much since in my opinion this isnt something bad that you should get punished for.

Edited by OskuRP

- User was Warned for this Post. -

Hello @OskuRP

Another team of staff has looked over the post you were pointed for and has reached a conclusion. 

Your Status Update to Itzznate was found to be inappropriate and appeared as Flaming to those who do not know your relationship with Itznate. It's not Staff's responsibility to know who your friends are nor the types of language that is used in your relations and conversations with them. 

I will remind you of the follow rules we require all members who participate in DayZRP Forums to uphold.

Spoiler
  • 1.1 We demand all of our members to be polite, behave maturely and with respect towards one another at all times.
  • 1.2 You are not allowed to insult, bully, harass, troll or provoke other DayZRP members. This goes for all kinds of communication mediums, not just messages sent through DayZRP services.

You two could be the best of friends or enemies, a single sentence using vulgar language does not indicate tone or inflection and as such could display to others such as new comers or even the analytics of the sites that process DayZRP's rank on their search engines as well ad revenue that DayZRP allows for such behavior and conduct of our members. Which we do not condone nor endorse. 

This has been stated before, more than once.  

Appeal outcome: Appeal Denied - Points Remain.

Signed by:  @Brayces, @Spartan and @Oisin