Jump to content
Server time (UTC): 2020-10-26, 09:24
Sign in to follow this  
Taryn

DayZ Red/Green Screen

Recommended Posts

So,

Spoiler

Screen.thumb.png.0f3bf8d3c071f49de6f2c9996eaef7dd.png

I've googled how to fix this and haven't come up with a solution. When i try to launch DayZ, my screen is red and green only. It's zoomed into about half of the screen (left side) and my menu and mouse clicks are displaced so i can't click where i'm intending to (So i can't change resolution)

So, basically, i've done the following:

  1. verify integrity
  2. Deleted DayZ.cfg file
  3. (Attempted) to change resolution and view mode to windowed or smaller ratio/resolution which is impossible without being able to click, despite trying to tab to the apply/okay button without being able to see it.
  4. Alt tab a fuck ton (which used to fix it)
  5. Updated Graphics drivers
  6. Restarted computer
  7. Currently uninstalling and reinstalling.

My question is, has anyone run into this and how did you fix it? I'm beyond frustrated at this point and can't get in game because of this...

(Inserted screenshot is not my own. It's someone else's and is being used solely for reference purposes.)

Share this post


Link to post

Do you use hdmi or VGA?

Share this post


Link to post

Can you hear any sounds?

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, CaliforniaRP said:

Do you use hdmi or VGA?

I'm on a Laptop. I suspect it's a DayZ problem because when i screenshot it doesn't show as an issue in the screenshot. 

319507f8112dd8b8352f0eb69bf9ab52.png
The 3 shots on the left are from the game while the error was occurring but i could not get them to show up how i saw them on screen. See OP screenshot for how it appears to be on my screen vs when i screenshot.

 

4 minutes ago, Elk said:

Can you hear any sounds?

Yes. All sound is normal.

Share this post


Link to post

so, been trying to see if I could help, I check DayZ on steam on the troubleshooting and it came across this.  He is getting a flashing green. Not sure if its the same glitch or not. There are serval threads in the troubleshooting since 2017 with the same glitch. I did go to the bohemia website and came across few things. Most it is saying it's updating things, which you have already. I don't know how to fix it, But if you can't find an answer here. I would say go to Bohemia Website for DayZ and go to he troubleshooting and one the mods may be able to help you. 

 

Also, it said, (can't find the link now) to have your windows up to date apparently.  

 

(First link is to steam, and the second one is to the Bohemia website.) (Please remove if these links aren't allowed) 

Edited by Elk

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Elk said:

-snip-

Went to the website and browsed the troubleshoot forum...

All of the solutions are things i've tried or things that don't apply to me.

I really have no clue... ?

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Taryn said:

Went to the website and browsed the troubleshoot forum...

All of the solutions are things i've tried or things that don't apply to me.

I really have no clue... ?

@CaliforniaRP is typing at the moment so hopfully he has answer if not. I would try on DayZ site, only advise I can give, Unless, @Skinner and @Whitename have answers. There usually good with things like this. 

Share this post


Link to post

Hmm... have you updated your windows? reinstalled your graphics drivers?

Device manager -> graphics device ->uninstall drivers ->redownload drivers

 

Maybe?

If not...  hmm.. maybe try and getting in your laptop and making sure your graphics are slotted properly?

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, CaliforniaRP said:

If not...  hmm.. maybe try and getting in your laptop and making sure your graphics are slotted properly?

Not gunna open this bitch, because if i do, my ten year warranty is void.

I'll try and redownload my drivers if reinstalling DayZ doesn't work.

Share this post


Link to post

Do you use HDMI or DVI? If HDMI, try using DVI. 

2 hours ago, Taryn said:

I'm on a Laptop. I suspect it's a DayZ problem because when i screenshot it doesn't show as an issue in the screenshot. 

319507f8112dd8b8352f0eb69bf9ab52.png
The 3 shots on the left are from the game while the error was occurring but i could not get them to show up how i saw them on screen. See OP screenshot for how it appears to be on my screen vs when i screenshot.

 

Yes. All sound is normal.

Wait, is that a laptop? Looks like a monitor but i’m on mobile 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Whitename said:

Wait, is that a laptop?

Yes.

@Taryn out of sheer curiousity how old is your laptop?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Whitename said:

Do you use HDMI or DVI? If HDMI, try using DVI. 

Wait, is that a laptop? Looks like a monitor but i’m on mobile 

Read fine print. Not my computer. Just using it for referrence.

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

Yes.

@Taryn out of sheer curiousity how old is your laptop?

It's less than 3 years old.

UPDATE: I was able to force windowed mode with the .cfg file.The game was fine but glitchy and laggy as fuck. I can't go into inventories or anything, really. Once in the main menu, i changed my resolution to a non-native one (1600x900). Everything is working fine, i can go into inventories and do essentially everything but the game looks like shit. Once i switch it back to 1920x1080 (my native) it breaks everything again...

I'm not sure wtf is going on at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Taryn said:

Read fine print. Not my computer. Just using it for referrence.

It's less than 3 years old.

UPDATE: I was able to force windowed mode with the .cfg file.The game was fine but glitchy and laggy as fuck. I can't go into inventories or anything, really. Once in the main menu, i changed my resolution to a non-native one (1600x900). Everything is working fine, i can go into inventories and do essentially everything but the game looks like shit. Once i switch it back to 1920x1080 (my native) it breaks everything again...

I'm not sure wtf is going on at this point.

It’s not ideal, but you can go right click on desktop > display > resolution and set it to something close (1600x900, 720p, etc) and THEN set DayZ to THAT resolution, and it’ll look a little less shitty 

Adding on to that: did you happen to log out with a backpack in hands on the stress test?

Also try disabling fullscreen optimisations by going to DayZ.exe > right click > properties > compatibility 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Taryn said:

Not gunna open this bitch, because if i do, my ten year warranty is void.

I'll try and redownload my drivers if reinstalling DayZ doesn't work.

Issues with red and green screens are display issues, so yes definitely don’t try and hardware fixes!

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Whitename said:

It’s not ideal, but you can go right click on desktop > display > resolution and set it to something close (1600x900, 720p, etc) and THEN set DayZ to THAT resolution, and it’ll look a little less shitty 

Adding on to that: did you happen to log out with a backpack in hands on the stress test?

Also try disabling fullscreen optimisations by going to DayZ.exe > right click > properties > compatibility 

Negative. I don't want to change my resolution to run DayZ because all the other applications (WHich aren't affected by this) will suffer.

No, i didn't log with a backpack.

Also, i already did all that.

I did an experiment though...

I went into my Nvidia control panel and changed which graphics card handles DayZ (See spoiler)

Spoiler

585392870b7e00401a37ff49a50c34b4.png

7f27393752af5a89dc2799dd6b946ec2.png

Switching between the two i saw no difference in the way the game glitched out, which makes me believe this has to do with the game itself and not my laptop...

I'm just not sure anymore...

Share this post


Link to post

Just a thought:

Give your hard drive space a check and make sure its not full and or nearly full. If so free up some space, 5-10gb is a good overhead imo.

Friend of mine had what seemed like graphical driver/hardware issues but turned out she had her hardrive almost full meaning the laptop couldn't cache all the temp files that programs need in order to function. Although she kept getting the infamous blue screen of death and decreased performance overall...

So i doubt this is your specific issue, but it doesn't harm to check just in case.

Edited by Fenrir

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Fenrir said:

-snip-

4f55427ad0686ecfed3051e150cd574c.png
 

Not sure that's my issue... but i can try and clear out some more space...

Share this post


Link to post

No no thats way more than you'l ever need for temp files, you're good. Must be a different issue unfortunately ? 

Edited by Fenrir

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Fenrir said:

No no thats way more than you'l ever need for temp files, you're good. Must be a different issue unfortunately ? 

Poop.

You tried. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post

Long shot, but have you messed around in the Device Manager recently?

21 minutes ago, Taryn said:

Negative. I don't want to change my resolution to run DayZ because all the other applications (WHich aren't affected by this) will suffer.

No, i didn't log with a backpack.

Also, i already did all that.

I did an experiment though...

I went into my Nvidia control panel and changed which graphics card handles DayZ (See spoiler)

  Hide contents

585392870b7e00401a37ff49a50c34b4.png

7f27393752af5a89dc2799dd6b946ec2.png

Switching between the two i saw no difference in the way the game glitched out, which makes me believe this has to do with the game itself and not my laptop...

I'm just not sure anymore...

It’s something to do with the game interfacing with your display. That’s all I know 

Share this post


Link to post

Just a question, do you run it in fullscreen or fullscreen windowed? If full screen try hitting alt enter and see if that changes anything

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Whitename said:

Long shot, but have you messed around in the Device Manager recently?

It’s something to do with the game interfacing with your display. That’s all I know 

I haven't touched anything so I haven't a clue why it's changed. I'm uninstalling Nvidia shit now hoping to fix it somehow. 

1 minute ago, Karma said:

Just a question, do you run it in fullscreen or fullscreen windowed? If full screen try hitting alt enter and see if that changes anything

 

Tried that. It did nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post

Change native resoluion of your PC to a smaller number. Start DayZ as your actual resolution(1080/whatever), then alt tab and re-set your resolution to it's native. If that makes it go green, or if it fixes it, let me know.

Share this post


Link to post

When did this start occurring, has DayZ worked OK previously on the same machine?

What are the specs of the laptop?

What version of drivers do you have installed currently?

Do other games work OK in fullscreen native resolution?

Since you have both iGPU and dedicated GPU, have you tried right clicking on DayZ executables, going into properties and there should be an option under one of the tabs (compatibility?) to select which GPU to use with that application. Select the GTX965M.

Red/green flashes are usually associated with VRAM or framebuffer artifacts/issues, especially if screenshots you take look normal. Temperatures?

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, CaliforniaRP said:

Change native resoluion of your PC to a smaller number. Start DayZ as your actual resolution(1080/whatever), then alt tab and re-set your resolution to it's native. If that makes it go green, or if it fixes it, let me know.

Will try this when I get home. 

3 hours ago, Roland said:

1: When did this start occurring, has DayZ worked OK previously on the same machine?

2: What are the specs of the laptop?

3: What version of drivers do you have installed currently?

4: Do other games work OK in fullscreen native resolution?

5: Since you have both iGPU and dedicated GPU, have you tried right clicking on DayZ executables, going into properties and there should be an option under one of the tabs (compatibility?) to select which GPU to use with that application. Select the GTX965M.

Red/green flashes are usually associated with VRAM or framebuffer artifacts/issues, especially if screenshots you take look normal.

6: Temperatures?

1: Two days ago. It worked fine before. I did encounter the issue when I tabbed out before but tabbing back in a few times would fix it. 

2: Will post when I get home. 

3: All drivers are up to date. I even did a clean reinstall  

4: Yes. Never had an issue. 

5: My Nvidia card is set to default automatically through control panel. I will try and set it manually though, to see if it helps. 

6: Not sure. I'll have to download a temperature monitoring program later. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...