Server time (UTC): 2020-10-20, 15:01
Sign in to follow this  
Tiviyl

Warning Points Repeal

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): 

Why the verdict is not fair: In my opinion I feel as if the warning itself was justified but I think that the 3 warning points tacked on to the warning was a bit much considering it was my first warning for a post.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: I have no further comments or statements.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: I would like to have the 3 warning points removed.

What could you have done better?: Put a bit of criticism or critiques of the group in the post instead of posting just a gif.

Hello @TiviylScratch,

Another team of staff has looked over the post you were pointed for and has reached a conclusion. 

Your post consisted only of a gif, something we do not allow on the forums except in status updates and the off topic section of the forums. This is stated in rule 1.4:

• 1.4 All forum posts must keep a high standard and add a constructive and meaningful opinion that contributes to the thread at hand. Examples of non-constructive and non-contributing replies are simple and meaningless expressions like "lol", jokes, memes, banter or replies containing only pictures, gifs or other unrelated media. Off topic forums and status updates are the only areas on the website exempt from this rule.

However, given that this was your first and only forum warning, the staff team should have originally given you a caution, a warning that carries 0 warning points and serves as a reminder to follow the rules in future. This applies to a user's first unnecessary post warning only. We will be removing the 3 points and instead instating a cautionary warning on your profile.

Appeal outcome: Appeal Accepted - warning replaced with a caution.

Signed by: @Para & @Oisin