Server time (UTC): 2020-11-01, 01:43 HALLOWEEN SALE
Sign in to follow this  
Sylva

Sylva warning points appeal

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

image.png.3b7699b37f8a18692f110e32a78e8d29.png

Why the verdict is not fair: I mean lets be real. This is an 18+ community. If calling someone an "idioit" is really that offensive then you really probably shouldn't playing a post-apocolyptic survival game full of infected flesh-eaters and murder-crazed bandits. If everyone got points for calling someone an idiot, well, we would have all been banned a long time ago. 

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: I think that a caution would have sufficed. Considering five warning points puts me at 29, and that I've seen other staff interjections be issued for 3 points, I think its a bit of an overstep. So the TL;DR - of all the things I could have said, 'idiot' was already toning it down. I don't mean to sound callous but this entire thing seems ridiculous. The last time I got in trouble for calling someone an idiot was second grade. I would fully understand if I had called them b**** or a c**** or something of that sort. But I didn't. I called them idiots because they were speaking with an authoritative tone on a topic they knew nothing about. 

id·i·ot
ˈidēət/
noun
informal

1. a stupid person.

So I fail to see how it was incorrect use of the noun. The guy said they make tungsten carbide body armor. And that nobody in their right mind would use a .50 cal on personnel. He also talks about bullet calibers, and on ripping that apart I wouldn't even know where to begin. The level of - stupidity - and - factual incorrectness - leads me to refer to them as a noun that perfectly fits their words.

Once again - an idiot. Not a f*** *a** c***, but an idiot.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: I would like to get the points I received removed, or at the very least, reduced. I would also like some clarification in that if I can't call someone an idiot, well, what can I call them?

What could you have done better?: Rephrased my post as "EDIT: I sincerely enjoy watching top-tier media content where fine gentlemen cordially debate about matters they obviously have no actual experience or expertise, and sip my tea as I laugh to myself, as they wallow in their cave. Poor troglodytes shall never understand the true meaning of the forms, but merely gaze upon the shadows on the wall." 

Edited by Sylva

Due to your recent attitude and the points you have accumulated this month you have been placed on final, thus this appeal is denied.