Server time (UTC): 2020-10-20, 10:59
Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Headphone recommendations

Well, after some nice RP tonight, I log out and after watching a bit of YouTube I find that my headphones are essentially FUBAR. They were never great, but now the entire left side has cut out and I'm trying to look for some suggestions on some heavier-duty pairs that might not make me have to get out on the street corner to afford them. Sound quality is important, but with how things are IRL I'm sort of prioritizing strong cables and solid construction. If anyone has any suggestions do let me know, they're all greatly appreciated. I'm hopefully going to be able to at least get something before I go totally deaf and have to take a break against my will.

The most popular choice for affordable good sound quality is ATH-M50X. They're the cheapest (150$ or so?) high-end'ish headphones that I know, with sound comparable to some $300+ headphones, thousands of positive reviews and a detachable cable, so even if it breaks you can just replace it with another one. I have had the first version of these - without detachable cable - for 6 years now, they look like shit, but the cable still works and they still play just fine.

Thanks, yeah, more in a "pinch" situation than not for the time being, can't exactly go spending probably more than that on a headset. Was hoping I might find one that's a bit cheap but not going to break the second I turn my head too fast.

All right. I'll start seeing what can be thrown into an emergency "hearing aid for the apocalypse" fund. Thanks for all the help. I do like the ones Rolle posted but that's some...Long term goals right now. Any more suggestions are always welcome. If you've got anything else you want me to look at for similar price points (Or if you think you've got a real beauty that's a bit cheaper I'm not going to complain) let me know. It's really appreciated though, thanks folks.

Drop me a price range and I can give u a list.

I've had HyperX Cloud II and they've been amazing. The new Cloud Alphas are even better than it from a few of my friend's recommendations. For only $100 USD not a bad deal IMO.

https://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Headset-Nintendo-HX-HSCA-RD-AM/dp/B074NBSF9N

Edited by yuthee

Managed to scrounge up a surprise temporary solution until something more permanent can be arranged. Thanks for all the help. What I've got should easily last until I've got the money to get something a bit more decent. I really do appreciate the assistance though, thanks guys.

I have a Venom XT + had it for about 4 years, When I used to play on the PlayStation, Overall I never had any problem, still works fine, but I saw your thread and looked my headset and came across this ' MARAUDER 7.1 VIRTUAL SURROUND GAMING HEADSET '

Spoiler

Image result for venom MARAUDER 7.1 VIRTUAL SURROUND GAMING HEADSET

Related image

Image result for venom MARAUDER 7.1 VIRTUAL SURROUND GAMING HEADSET

Image result for venom MARAUDER 7.1 VIRTUAL SURROUND GAMING HEADSET mic

1. Featuring vibration technology
  2. 40mm Neodymium drivers deliver high-quality immersive sound with powerful bass and a refined high-end
  3. Foldaway noise cancelling microphone for live in-game chat
  4. Cushioned headband & ear cups for maximum comfort - even during long gaming sessions
  5. In-line Volume Control Unit allows quick and accurate adjustments to all in-game sound & chat

• The Marauder delivers the Venom audio advantage like never before. Exceptional sound with an ergonomic design that allows for hours of truly immersive gaming: Featuring an in-line remote that provides control over chat and vibration settings, as well as a fold-out unidirectional mic to accurately convey your every word over in-game chat.
  • 7.1 VIRTUAL surround sound gives you the competitive edge. By using state-of-the-art virtual surround technology, the Venom Marauder transforms the accuracy and realism of effects and sounds by dynamically positioning them around the game environment, so you’ll hear enemies approaching-no matter the direction.

I have taken this from the link above. The price for the headset here is £38.99 which is $51.91 or £29.99 which is $39.93 for a second hand.

You can buy the headset, here it would be shipping from the UK.

Here some reviews from:

NG4

Just Push Start

Frugal Gaming (Youtube Video)

Xbox One UK

From my research, I will be buying this myself once my new computer is finished. 

Edited by Elk