Server time (UTC): 2020-10-30, 18:40 HALLOWEEN SALE
Sign in to follow this  
Sc0ttie

Opinion about new Marine Corps changes

So recently, the Marine Corps has put out a video on their youtube channel going into detail, and explaining how they are going to "Modernize the Marine Rifle Sqaud." Starting in the year 2020 all Marine Rifle Squads will be outfitted to look like this, and act like this. I'd be interested to hear some peoples opinions about it

I see the utility in it for sure, I think having an assistant squad lead is smart for work load reasons. 

2 minutes ago, Major said:

-snip-

this pretty much, but let's take a minute to appreciate how well done these marine videos are

Edited by Xavier

22 minutes ago, Xavier said:

this pretty much, but let's take a minute to appreciate how well done these marine videos are

yes 

24 minutes ago, Major said:

I see the utility in it for sure, I think having an assistant squad lead is smart for work load reasons. 

also yes. I like the implementation of more tech.

What are the automatic riflemen? They dont seem to have machineguns so how do they differ from normal riflemen?

11 hours ago, Major said:

I think having an assistant squad lead is smart for work load reasons. 

As an assistant squad lead I can tell you that the squad leaders job is to delegate to you all the annoying shitty jobs and your job is to distribute the shit jobs to other squad members as evenly as possible so that you dont have to do them ?

8 minutes ago, OskuRP said:

As an assistant squad lead I can tell you that the squad leaders job is to delegate to you all the annoying shitty jobs and your job is to distribute the shit jobs to other squad members as evenly as possible so that you dont have to do them ?

Doesn't matter where you work this happens. Makes me think its just an average human trait to get out of work. 

The tiny drone's' blades look like they would break easy

I was really looking forward to the replacement of the M249 because holy damn I have a love hate relationship with that weapon. Even though every Marine is going to have a fully automatic weapon now, a 240 or an M27 IAR would've been a dope choice for a SAW tbh

4 minutes ago, Raptor said:

I was really looking forward to the replacement of the M249 because holy damn I have a love hate relationship with that weapon. Even though every Marine is going to have a fully automatic weapon now, a 240 or an M27 IAR would've been a dope choice for a SAW tbh

I mean they still have an ENTIRE platoon dedicated to that in every company...

1 hour ago, OskuRP said:

What are the automatic riflemen? They dont seem to have machineguns so how do they differ from normal riflemen?

In the current setup, an Automatic Rifleman carries the M249 SAW. The actual "Machineguns" in the USMC are housed in the Weapons Platoon in each Rifle Company.

6 minutes ago, HenningRP said:

I mean they still have an ENTIRE platoon dedicated to that in every company...

In the current setup, an Automatic Rifleman carries the M249 SAW. The actual "Machineguns" in the USMC are housed in the Weapons Platoon in each Rifle Company.

I know but giving EVERY squad one of them, or half the squad M27s would've been doooope.

Just now, Raptor said:

I know but giving EVERY squad one of them, or half the squad M27s would've been doooope.

But what purpose would it serve?

Just now, HenningRP said:

But what purpose would it serve?

Idk versatility and updated weaponry because you know the Corps has outdated shiz. I was surprised when it showed they'll have a fucking drone now tbh

But what do I know I'm just a POG

1 hour ago, HenningRP said:

But in the video when they show off the different roles the "automatic riflemen" dont have saws

Just now, OskuRP said:

But in the video when they show off the different roles the "automatic riflemen" dont have saws

Because the USMC has been changing out the SAW for the M27 IAR

Just now, HenningRP said:

Because the USMC has been changing out the SAW for the M27 IAR

Thats what passes for an LMG nowadays? From the pictures looks more like an assault rifle or even a marksmanrifle...a 30 round mag? really?

5 minutes ago, OskuRP said:

Thats what passes for an LMG nowadays? From the pictures looks more like an assault rifle or even a marksmanrifle...a 30 round mag? really?

Like I said LMG's are housed in a specific Weapons Platoon in the Rifle Company, the Rifle company has a squad of LMG's, Squad of Anti Tank, Squad of Mortars.

The SAW had more round but it still fired standard 5.56 NATO, the boxes are heavy and are not interchangeable with standard rifle mags. The new IAR will allow the entire squad to have interchangeable ammo, carry more ammo per person, etc.

1.jpg

Edited by HenningRP

3 minutes ago, HenningRP said:

-snip-

So the automatic rifleman is just a normal rifleman who can shoot full auto...just like everyone else

Just now, OskuRP said:

So the automatic rifleman is just a normal rifleman who can shoot full auto...just like everyone else

The USMC has up until this point used standard issue rifles with 3 round burst. With this structure change the Doctrine of the billet will stay the same, the Automatic Rifleman will be designated to put the rounds down range.

10 hours ago, Raptor said:

Idk versatility and updated weaponry because you know the Corps has outdated shiz. I was surprised when it showed they'll have a fucking drone now tbh

But what do I know I'm just a POG

>Outdated shit 

That's most all of Americas military after the ussr fell. they stopped improving military tech and started massive social spending instead.

Guns or butter and the US has been filled with fat for thirty years.

Just look at  the sorry state of the air Force and NASA.