Server time (UTC): 2020-10-28, 02:31
Sign in to follow this  
Ben Dory

Why should i come back to dayzrp

We all know dayz sa is relying on the developers doing a good job with 0.63 but why should i come back. they haven't been reliable or active and i have kind of lost trust. My best gaming memories are on this server but things do come to an end and i don't know if its worth coming back with such a high possibility of an end being just around the corner.

One question: Why not?

Jump ingame, if you don't like it you don't have to play, just experiment, see what works for you.

Like KyleRP said, if you wanna find out what it’s like try it for yourself and create your own opinion.

Many people are still here probably because friends, or to hang around for beta.

Regardless if the game isn't to a good standard people can still have fun, it's what you make of it.

Could come back and join TS, get old friends together and see how it goes.

Edited by Lady In Blue

It's a place to come back to. Give it a go and if you don't like it leave it at that.

The community carries the game. W/o this community, this game would be absolute trash.

Hope .63 helps revive the COMMUNITY. The game itself doesn't give two shits about those who play it, we make it w/ what we have. Give the COMMUNITY a chance.

5 hours ago, CaliforniaRP said:

The community carries the game.

Unfortunately the community is full of people like this guy right here☝️

Not to mention that guy?

5 hours ago, G19RP said:

+1 to what California said, this community is what we play for, we make friends, spend ridiculous amounts of time with them and really just chill. And fuck to, if you hate how it is IG, then make some buddies and play other shit with them. Overall, I think you should give it another shot.

Spoiler

?

I think relying on other people to convince you is wrong. You shouldn't do something unless you feel strongly about it.

Don't, the comunity is dreadful, the gameplay is garbage, Major eats a baby kangaroo every thursday evening... DO NOT PLAY ON THIS SERVER! 

^Did that convince you? Nah, didn't think so.

If you come back to , or leave a place on the word of other people, then you arn't the one making the decision. The beauty of this server is that everyone likes and dislikes bits of it for different reasons. 
Go out there and find out what you like and dislike about it yourself, and then make a decision on those likes and dislikes :L 

The devs haven't been reliable or active?

Okay, they were a bit ambitious with their road maps at the start. But I don't think you really comprehend the vast complexities of game development. You think GTA/mass effect/COD or just about any games are pumped out in a few days? No, it generally takes about 4 years with a crew of thousands to make one of your triple A games. 

The development team has also gone through changes, including leadership changes... Oh and that game engine they built themselves from scratch. Most game devs use an existing game engine (like Unity, or Unreal) because it is a fucking massive undertaking to build a new one every time they make a game. For the past two years the Dayz devs have been working on the new engine, while updating the soon to be replaced version to keep people happy. Forgive me if I am wrong, but I am sure I read they are also making a new language to work with the engine too.

There is a whole process when adding new content to a game. Adding one new thing could very easily disrupt a few, to a few hundred lines of code in a sea of millions of code lines. This requires code to be cleaned up for each and every bug. Just because the game has been going through a few problems, and isn't being updated as fast as YOU want it to be, this is game development, this is how long it takes to build a decent game. The real problem was putting the game out in early access, if they hadn't it would probably be released by now. 

Why is that? well, when the developers decided to make a new engine to be able to do all the things the Arma engine just wasn't built for, at that moment, all work on the legacy build would have stopped, and full focus would have went on the new engine and content. But they already had a player base and they wanted more guns, more this, more that, more guns, more vehicles, more guns.... This then causes slower development as the devs are then kinda obligated to keep the masses happy with more updates on what is essentially an obsolete version of the game. The usual analogy I use is this:

Imagine you have a house, it's a decent house, has a few problems but it's liveable. The only problem is it's built on a cliff edge, and due to erosion, that cliff edge is receding fast. You are unable to just pick up the house and move it away from the cliff edge, but you can build a new house. So you start building this new house, but all the people who have been to your old house keep demanding you dust and polish the old one, make you repaper and paint walls, change the carpets ect. even though, in a little while it will be at the bottom of the cliff. 

So you then have to divide your time between building your new house from the foundations up, and also maintain the old house to try and meet the standards of those who have visited. 

The Dayz devs have been doing just that, until after the 0.61 patch, really. Once that patch came out it was a "we need the new house built now." kind of deal, thus 0.62 was more of a visual patch.. because that could very easily be moved over to the new engine. At that point they started working more seriously on the new engine and writing the millions of lines of code needed to make stuff work. This caused less and less updates to the legacy build.

Also, a roadmap is not a guarantee, it's a list of goals and an ESTIMATED time to get things done. These rarely go to plan, as problems occur, something could conflict in a major way or you know, they have to build a whole new fucking engine to make the game do what they want. 

So yeah, just because you don't see updates as fast as you think they should be does not mean devs are unreliable or sitting with their feet up drinking coco. Like I said, it's early access that is the problem here. That and people demanding "MORE UPDATES MORE UPDATES" while they are trying to build the game from scratch. If you did that you are part of the problem you are complaining about. 

I blame the movies for this I want it now attitude. You watch any recent movie and you time the length of a shot before an edit. You will be lucky to make it to 5 seconds. Our attention span has been narrowed and narrowed until we want everything given to us in a matter of seconds. We demand things are rushed then complain about the quality. 

Sorry if I am ranting, but as someone working towards the field of game development it really pisses me off when people say shit like that. 

Why should you NOT come back to DayZRP is the real question! This community has a bright future with the slow crawl of time to our inevitable .63 update, and every update after that if going to add more and more of the main mechanics of the game that we've been wanting from the start. I'd say it's worth it to stay and see what our amazing RPers can do with new horizons.

Think the community is pretty kewl

Take it how you see it, try it out, if you don't like it there's nothing stopping ya from leaving it. 

.63 is going to revive the fuck outta this community so that's a bonus ?

i'd say if youre looking to get back into dayzrp, find some people to play with, its much easier to get back in with friends

If you want rp in dayz this is pretty mutch the only place. Make some good friend here

Everyone saying why not?
I can be honest, It is entirely your own decision.

If you want to play DayZ Roleplay this is the place.
Decent Rules, Good Admins and good response times.

You'll decide ?

You have your own brain, decide for yourself

-User Has Been Warned For This Post-

Honestly I wouldn't bother coming back until beta proves its worthiness in your own mind.

many people in this community are far to invested into this game and server to abandon it, unless u actually enjoy the game, don't get stuck in this pit of disparity most of us inhabit xD

Honestly the game is pretty shit. I play because it's fun to larp with friends but if I was alone i would never play. 

Hope 63 improves it or dayzrp switches to arma

It's a shame the development of the game is so slow, it has so much potential too ? Can't wait for basebuilding tbh, that's the main thing that i'm waiting for

Honestly buddy its down to the dev's, we need 63 to come so we can push its limits.