Server time (UTC): 2020-10-23, 05:15
Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Leather Work in Sin City [Open Frequency]

There was a shuffling and shifting audible as the dead air was oven taken by a broadcast, the sound of a man groaning in a way that was either from a massive hangover or being run over by a V3S muted for a moment before the southern tenor began in a slow and slightly wobbly manner.

"Howdy folks. With the recent events I'm uh...Ugh. I'm going to be slowly moving my workshop and supplies closer to Sin City in order to start supplying people with leather and whatever else I can scrounge up in the area. For those who don't know me, I am Mason, or just Mace. Though I've been called Leatherman and Rainbow too if you're not sure.  I do take requests, but this is mostly just an announcement to let people know to look out for me in a few days time. Actually getting everything to a new location and ready to work is going to take some time.

To those who don't remember me from the heyday of the little trader's camp in Stary Sobor, I can make jackets, vests, pants, the American pants, though...Well, that's going to cost extra. I can make hats, backpacks, and moccasins, as well as some small water skins and some smaller, custom bits. Some examples of things I've made in the past were book covers, rifle slings, axe slings, belts of various thickness. Anything else that isn't incredibly complex can be discussed in person.

As far as what I need or what you can bring me for trade, I'm always looking for pelts no matter what animal they come from as long as they're in good condition. Try to get the whole pelt off in one piece without a lot of holes, that sort of thing. Leather working kits, usually found in workshops and garages, and often in little leather containers are always useful since my own tool set can get worn out quickly with higher production rates. Sometimes I also accept shotgun shells or other various things I might need, and if you can't find either of the former I'm always welcome to discuss prices.

You should be able to tell who I am by the fact that I'm wearing an orange boonie cap and probably carrying a backpack in my arms in addition to the one on my back. Don't be afraid to approach if you need anything. When things are set up I may also try to take requests for things to scavenge in the area, and while I'm no wizard if you need something and just can't find it I'll see if it's in my little bag of wonders.

Stay safe everyone. I'll try to catch any questions on here that I can if you have them, though admittedly I'm probably going to lie back down for a bit first. Look forward to helping out."

The radio message cut out somewhat abruptly with the sound of more shifting, more than likely the speaker getting back into whatever bed he crawled out of.

*Pavel picks up his radio, pressing down the PTT and speaking in a light tone*

"Mason! It is Pavel. It is good idea heading up to  Sin City. You have protection and plenty of people to help. Hopefully we will see each other soon, I still never got that bag from you"

*He laughs, releasing the PTT*

*Eurus picks up a worn radio, pressing the PTT speaks* *You hear heavy static*

"Mason my friend... if you need help moving your stuff I'll be glad to." "We could hunt together to get more leather and more items for everyone" "Whadya' think huh?"

*Releases the PTT*

The radio crackled to life with a somewhat weary groan half-caught by the broadcast before the soft, southern tenor spoke again.

"Pavel, I have your bag ready for you whenever you want to come and collect it, or if you want to bunny hop on some frequencies to find something private I can bring it to you. And Eurus the hunting around here seems abysmal from what I've seen so any and all help is welcome, and I'll see about teaching you some basics in exchange for it, and whatever leather you might be needing.

Just as sort of an update I do have a good bit of leather, thanks in part to my friend Skye who recently helped me out with some. I'm not nearly as well-stocked as I was in Stary Sobor before the winter set in, but it's enough to get some packs, vests, and basic clothes out to people who might need them. So again, if you see me, the guy with the orange boonie cap probably carrying a pack in his arms, let me know if you need something and we can work something out, or you can leave me an order on the radio since I have one that's specifically set to scan this channel and another for my usual radio searching.

Stay safe out there people. Don't let the fact that it's getting a bit warmer lull you into a false sense of security. Keep warm at night, always boil your drinking water, look both ways before crossing the street, all that good stuff."

To close, before the button was released there was a moment of fumbling, as if a few items were being knocked around before the radio cut off and left the airwaves open again.

Edited by Mace

*Eurus presses the PTT* *You hear the sound of zombies around and heavy breathing*

"Alright Master Windu... I'll head there as soon as possible. *cough* "Stary Yar is not that far away and I can make it as far as I don't get a pack of wolves on the way." *Heavy cough* "I'm in a little town near Severograd I'm sure I'll... *You hear a lot of howling* "Well shi-" 

*The transmission  is stopped* 

*Suddenly the transmission continues* *The wind is blowing and the birds singing*

"Well that changes my thinking... UGH... I will take some time"

*Before the transmission ends you hear him faint*

Edited by StairsCoffee

Sign in to follow this