Server time (UTC): 2020-10-28, 17:17
Sign in to follow this  
Lucas

I have a question about hostage demands..

@Spartan, @Ark or any other staff member can you explain what we're meant to do in this situation? So my good old idiot Boris gets initiated on and taken hostage, I follow behind to make sure they're not doing anything stupid and don't shoot considering I don't have kill rights.. (FeelsBadMan) They give demands to not shoot or they'll kill Boris, after a short time they then initiate on me but I'm a filthy pvper so I don't comply and kill one and fall unconscious then get executed... They then execute Boris? Is it not stupid that they give demands to not shoot yet initiate on us shortly after giving demands? Did they have rights to kill Boris considering they broke the demands?

Edited by Lucass

I believe, because you did not comply and fired on them they gain execution rights on Boris via group shared kill rights. 

If you had complied, then no, they wouldnt gain execution rights.

But me and Boris are not in an official group.. Also isn't in invalid demands considering they give us demands to not shoot or they'll kill Boris but then 2 minutes later they initiate on me?

Ah, if you're not in an official group then you still count as a rescue party. 

Imho, demanding you dont shoot or They kill Boris is Valid if they know you're there for him. They were trying to find you, They took you, you didnt comply, they killed You and then killed Boris? Is that right?

Edit: to make clear, you would have to initiate on them, since You aren't in a group... I'm certain you were aware, though. 

Them initiating on you is a different act and is not relevant to the demands prior, they forced a new situation on top of a pre-existing one with a 50% chance of you complying making it not a valid excuse to kill the hostage.

Edited by Eagle

@Taryn I'll make it shorter for you lmao.. They initiate on Boris, They give demands to not shoot, they then find me and initiate, I don't comply, they kill Boris

We're not an official group so where did they get rights to kill Boris? None of us had rights on them considering there's no dynamics anymore

Edited by Lucass

1 minute ago, Lucass said:

@Taryn I'll make it shorter for you lmao.. They initiate on Boris, They give demands to not shoot, they then find me and initiate, I don't comply, they kill Boris

Simple it's invalid.
You never shot prior.

I much prefer it when hostage-takers make it clear if they want you out of the area or not, but in this case, because you fired at/killed them, the outcome if their intention is uncertain. Without making any assumptions, I gather that they took your approach as an intent to harm, either that or they just wanted to capture you as well (for various reasons perhaps).

To address the execution, I can only say, that, if you believe a rule has been broken, you bring the evidence to the attention of staff through the report (or a new one depending on the situation). No point us giving opinions here, you all know that.

1 minute ago, Harvey said:

-SNIP-

It's more for future situations at this point.. So from what I'm getting here is that we should of all complied if they initiated on us because of the fear for boris being executed? 

Just now, Lucass said:

It's more for future situations at this point.. So from what I'm getting here is that we should of all complied if they initiated on us because of the fear for boris being executed? 

I'm not making any judgments on a situation linked to an open report. To answer your question above individuallyand in simple terms, if a hostage taker sets up boundaries and threatens to kill said hostage if they are broken, you should always comply if you value the life of your friend, if they die it's on you, really.

If you want more precise answers on the relevant situation, take it to the report section.

Alright, I'll give you a good example Lucas.
I attack Louie in Stary, one of my members finds you in Kab, my demands at that point where not to leave the area but to hold your fire or I will blow his brains out. My friend then attacks you in Kab killing you in the process as he initiated on you as you do, I then walk up to Louie and blow his brains out even though, I never made the demand that you cannot be x amount of distance or told you that any form of rescue attempt would result in his death even though you never fired upon or even tried to rescue him, Making your death irrelevant to the demand that I gave you prior as it would break the rules below because you're complying to my demands.

• 9.4.5 Demands from negotiations have not been met after a reasonable time has elapsed. <-- You followed my demands.
  • 9.4.4 The rescue party refuses to negotiate or opens fire on hostage takers. <-- You listened and never fired upon there members.
  • 6.4 Demands during hostile situations must be reasonable and made clear and unambiguous to all players. For example, you cannot demand that somebody puts their own life at risk or else other characters will die.
Edited by Eagle
fixing stuff

My thought is:

Did these lads go out of their way to find and initiate on you after taking Boris and giving demands?

or

Did you blatantly follow them right after a hostage/demand situation, they noticed and countered with an initiation?

Because IMO if its the former then I'd call ruleplay, if its the latter its your own fault.

29 minutes ago, Lucass said:

I would say without video and circumstance its hard to make a call on whether its valid or not because there are other factors to take into account. 

@Lucass You should know we cannot give opinions on current open and on going Reports, or investigations as we do not have all sides of the story nor all the evidence. So asking for specifics here is a moot point. 

If you are asking in a broad sense about general rules, then we can keep Question threads like this open and have a discussion.

I will remind you any SPECIFIC inputs from Staff excluding GMs/Admins will have no impact on the Report you are referencing and the specific opinions from GMs/Admins will be internally focused in order to process the Report instead.

General opinions and interpretations from Staff about rules and their use, are just that. General and may not relate to the Report at hand. 

25 minutes ago, Harvey said:

I'm not making any judgments on a situation linked to an open report. To answer your question above individuallyand in simple terms, if a hostage taker sets up boundaries and threatens to kill said hostage if they are broken, you should always comply if you value the life of your friend, if they die it's on you, really.

If you want more precise answers on the relevant situation, take it to the report section.

In reality this %100 makes sense and I agree that this is how this should be RPd....BUT

I don't understand why a dynamic group of people (who cannot not share kill rights) can give away the right of life of a dynamically connected hostage. To me a dynamic group of people should never be considered a rescue party the way the current rules are written. I am not saying that the rule makes any logical sense I just I feel like the initiate gets the short end of the stick on both sides. Their dynamic group can't initially help him via shared kill rights but they can get them killed by non-compliance.