Server time (UTC): 2020-10-28, 02:07
Sign in to follow this  
Roland

Staff level system

We're trialing a new staff promotion/progression system. This was suggested by someone (Whitename?) in staff slack.

Basically, all staff groups are divided into 3 levels, indicated by amount of stars present in staff badge underneath username. 

Support I -> Support II -> Support III -> Mod I -> Mod II -> Mod III -> GM I -> GM II -> GM III -> Admin I -> Admin II -> Admin III

All promotions are done by the admin team based on activity, performance and experience as before. Obviously the inner-group level promotions will be more frequent than the larger promotion where you change to a higher up rank. Levels can also be lost, for example if staff members receive staff strikes or receive warning points or ingame bans. There are no special privileges gained through levels at this time, level 1 mod can do the same things as level 3 mod, etc.

The change was suggested because as it stands you can be a staff member for years, but only experience two, maybe three promotions in that entire time. So this tries to change that by creating more tangible progress in your staff "career", allows to track staff members performance better, give goals to staff members that feel "closer" and more achievable and allow for more frequent morale boosters through "level ups".

We'll be trialing this and making adjustments based on our observations and your suggestions here, this thread is more of a FYI if you wonder what the stars mean.

Can we pay for more Star increases? ? 

Haha, I like the idea but I can also see people using it as powerplays. Maybe make them internal only if they don't work out as we go forward! 

I'm assuming it stays the same for LMs?

-EDIT- NVM I'm fucking blind

Looks good. I agree though with Brayces make them internal if it doesn't work out.

Interesting concept... I suppose seniority being visible isnt a bad thing...

Edit: I just noticed Rolle is a 4 star Admin. Lol

Don't agree with all stars given but I support the system, promotion is a good motivator (reward) and being able to be promoted more often will be good. 

Looks like a very good system. ?

2 hours ago, Roland said:

Support I -> Support II -> Support III -> Mod I -> Mod II -> Mod III -> GM I -> GM II -> GM III -> Admin I -> Admin II -> Admin III

Levels can also be lost, for example if staff members receive staff strikes or receive warning points or ingame bans

Would a lack of activity also be reason to get down-ranked ?

Edited by Ron

2 hours ago, Roland said:

I'd have a look based off of activity just as @Ron suggested, a couple of GM's do little to nothing but for some reason have 3 stars.

Had a similar idea to this, however, I feel this is a better system then I had made. I support this +1

10 minutes ago, Ron said:

Would a lack of activity also be reason to get down-ranked ?

Perhaps, in certain situations, but usually lack of activity results in a removal from staff. We have an activity page where activity is tracked for all staff members.

It's kind of giving my those GTA vibes if I have to real here but it's a good idea! May boost staff performance to get more stars!

This looks pretty cool tbh

I don't see the harm in it but is there a point? Guess we can see how it goes? Although in all honest opinion here, I don't see the point.

I do however disagree with some of the stars that were given, I don't believe it was fair.

You do you Rolo.

Edited by Lady In Blue

I don’t know if I suggested it more than I said “damn it, tier 1 support right here”

but +1

not gonna lie I think its pretty dumb but its your community roland ? 

Oh look! Staff has a ranking system! New game for the lads! Noice.

Tbh I really don't see the point in this. I don't think it will motivate but actually cause more salt pluuuus its kinda pointless. But that's just me ?

5 hours ago, Roland said:

-snip-

I don't see Admin with 4 stars on the list ? 

Jk, i mean no harm in having the system right? Might as well give it a go for a bit ?

Seems pointless but ok

The DayZ devs announce shoulder slots on characters for 0.63 and Rolle comes out with something to put in them slots. Nice.

In all honesty, this is way more of an internal thing than it is for anyone in the community to really be concerned with. It's a way for staff members to track their progress and for admins to recognize staff that is doing well but may not yet be ready for promotion to the next level.

This star system reminds me of the stickers you would get for behaving in kindergarten.
Guess now people can determine what staff member is actually bad.

Edited by Eagle

8 minutes ago, Oliv said:

this is way more of an internal thing than it is for anyone in the community to really be concerned with.

I feel as if the way we were tracking it before internally was enough personally.

On topic: The stars, eh. I don't really like the idea Rolio. And me being a BIAS EX STAFF MEMBER also does not agree with some of the stars given. B)

An MMO leveling system for staff? I don't understand why... but why not, I guess