Server time (UTC): 2020-10-28, 04:55
Sign in to follow this  
Swarx

Heya.

I'm going to try for whitelist after I get 4 more hours of the game in. I've done a lot of RP, including zombie-related stuff, on forums and Garry's Mod. Not sure how a server using VC will work, but I thought I would try it out.

I have a question though, do people EVER get permanently killed? From what I read so far, people always just NLR.

Welcome.

Well yes people Permakill there and there I do it then and then mostly when it makes sense

Hey swarx welcome lad ?

Best of luck in your whitelist! And as for perma kills, that's always down to you. You can't be forced into it and it's always your choice but people do, do it to further rp for others or try something new 

Well, I've extensively played in RP environments where PKs are generally non-consensual, although there are specific rules to determine when they are applicable. I generally like having the possibility of getting PKed, since it provides a sense of danger, which ought to be presence in an apocalypse. I understand NLR for getting gunned down in stupid gunfights/bandit acts and such though. However, if two characters have a history of bad blood, and one totally gets the drop on the other, and has absolutely no reason to let them live, would a PK be able to be enforced?

Also, there any way I could get the template for the whitelist to fill out in advance? It won't be long until I get the amount of playtime I need, and I already basically understand the game anyway.

Welcome Swarx and good luck with your whitelist!

Some people permakill if the RP is right and they enjoyed it. You don’t have to perma kill your character it all depends on if YOU want to do it ?  

Hey, Swarx! It's your friendly neighborhood lore whore, Kain! Welcome to DayZRP! I'm glad you're deciding to try and get yourself out there already on who you are and the things you have done.

I personally have a lot of experience from similar servers in my past and definitely can say that this is a much different environment, especially when compared to Garry's Mod. 

And yes! Many people do permakill, but it is all in the choice of the player who is playing said character. I've killed off two of my characters in this lore so far and both of them had emotional ties and impacted people. I always say, don't PK when the story is starting, but do it when the time is right. 

My personal recommendations for you integrating into the community is this: read the DayZRP lore extensively and then do it again to really cement what it said. Don't play military characters the first time around unless you understand that there will be an extensive amount of time and research to be put into it. Before making a claim that something in lore is happening, speak to the loremaster team to confirm your claim. Read up on the guide section of the forums and soak in a lot of the information in there. Go to the Stories and Journals and give @Major the love he deserves on the lore posts he works on like a fucking mad man. And finally, look at some other people's characters to get ideas on how you should forum your character. Always set some flaws so your character is not perfect. Most importantly, follow the rules, I wouldn't want to see you get banned in a week. 

If you need any help on anything from the whitelist to your backstory to character page creation, you can always message me on the forums or over the TS. Other people you can contact are the lore masters and the support team, as they have sold their souls to the server in order to help people! 

That being said, good luck with your whitelist and hope to see you soon!

Welcome and good luck on your Whitelisting process! Glad to see you're interested in joining this great community!

Goodluck on your whitelist and welcome to the community !!

Hello Swarx, welcome! Like the others said, most people don’t permakill when their player dies. But! If a hostile encounter is good enough to satisfy the player, generally speaking, they’ll kill off their character. The character gets an interesting ending to their life, which is good enough to justify a PK!

Good luck with that whitelist!

Hello Swarx, and welcome to dayzrp. Good luck on your whitelist!

Welcome to DayZRP Swarx, good luck with your whitelist! 

Hope to see you in game sometime.

Welcome to the community amigo, if you have any questions don't hesitate to reach out to a staff member or someone from the mentor team!

Have fun and good luck with that whitelist!

i ain't getting any whitelist, my profile is public and i have 10 hrs

what do

k nvm i did it

ALRIGHT I GOT MY WHITELIST APPLICATION ALL DONE.

prepare to hear a super shitty impression of a slavic accent since i have to play a chernarussian [no i wont play a foreigner]

welcome to the chernarussian gang homie

ya mannnn

americans in Metro 2033 roleplays sorta pissed me off

i cant do the same thing here

gotta be slav

38 minutes ago, Swarx said:

[no i wont play a foreigner]

thats the spirit 

Image result for NAPa flag arma 2

Slavic characters is the way to go 

Welcome

i hope my whitelist gets looked at soon

I just saw that you're a new whitelist, congrats! Hope to see you in game!

Sign in to follow this