Server time (UTC): 2020-10-21, 22:15
Sign in to follow this  
Mace

"Permanent"(?) Final Warning Appeal

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): Not available. For a bit of context the original final warning was posted in 2015 and reinstated after I contacted the admins noticing that my warning status had been cleared during last year's nominations for "of the year" awards.

Why the verdict is not fair: Perhaps Rolle can remember, or any of the staff who were here at the time, but I was given supposedly a "permanent" final warning until it was shown that my attitude had improved. I don't dispute the verdict that some punishment was warranted, but considering that the only trouble I had gotten into until that point officially on the server was a 3 point warning for a snarky remark in a forum, I think the "permanency" of the verdict is unfair, though I think final warnings were still fairly new around that time? At least in an official capacity.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: So, since receiving the updated, I suppose you could call it, final warning in December, I've not actually been able to actively hold down three months of steady playtime. This is due to medical issues, surgeries (Nothing major, don't worry), recovery, etc. and some bouts with depression. Since I have only a single appeal I was hoping that my attitude in the intervening time since the original punishment, and contributions to the game and community could stand as a testament that I have (And do) put in the same sort of effort that I've always put in to try to make the game a better place for people I come across. 

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: At the very least the removal of the "permanency" of the final warning in hopes that I've adequately shown the sort of change that wanted to be seen by the staff, though preferably the removing of the warning all together.

What could you have done better?: Though this might (Again) not be something everyone remembers, the reason for the original final warning included some reactionary and vitriolic exchanges between me and other people in the community, and while I don't consider them personally worthy of the severity of the punishment, it nonetheless is something that I've been working on in real life. It's easy for me to say I believe the actions were out of line but still not completely out of the realm of feasibility, but the fault does ultimately lie with myself. In that regard what I could have done better is what I'm doing now, and not being quite so zealous and fervent about the goings on of a game online or the people in it.

Thank you for the consideration. This is something of an odd bird of an appeal I know, if it's even possible at all, and if it isn't, hey, no biggie. 

Final warnings are permanent in the way that they do not expire automatically - they must be successfully appealed in order to be removed.

That being said, to have a final warning revoked one needs to be active and well behaved in the community for a continuous period of at least 3 months. You haven't done that - you just came back after a long break. Therefore we cannot accept this appeal. You can appeal again in 3 months, hopefully with an activity to stand behind your appeal.