Server time (UTC): 2020-10-28, 02:00
Sign in to follow this  
Monkeysniffer

A Letter to the Anarchists

*Captain Braden Armstrong limped into his tent in the woods, scratch marks across his body from the infected, his leg bleeding from when a wolf clamped onto it, his m4 still smoking from expunging so many rounds. He slumped onto his makeshift bed, removed his magazine from his rifle, reloaded the ammo, then slid it back into place with a satisfying click. He unfastened his vest and layed back with a sigh. He pulled his dog tags and the now ruined photo of his wife out of his pocket and looked at them. A feeling of frustration and anger welled within him. It grew and grew until it burst forth and he let out a blood curdling cry of anguish, anger, and pain. His breathing quickened, and a single tear fell onto the ruined photo. He lit a match and burned it the rest of the way. He lit a lamp and began writing a letter*

Dear Scumbags. I was beginning to lose hope in people. This infection will do that to a man. The fisherman Leo, who saved my life, restored my faith in humanity. It is him I have to thank for me not completely giving up on all people, despite your efforts to crush my spirit. You see, initially I believed the infection to be the biggest threat to humanity. The infection is what caused my wife to turn and eat my kids. It is what caused me to have to put all 3 of them down. That is why I came here, to save the world from the infection. My team and I were sent by what remains of America's infrastructure to bring back information regarding patient zero and what caused this infection, if not bring back patient zero itself. This cause got me out of bed in the morning. It was my driving force. However, considering I am the only one of my team left, I have had much time to think. It is hard to get out of bed in the morning. So, I thank you for giving me a reason, for giving me a cause to fight for. Watching you take the last photo of my wife I have out of my pocket as well as all my military id's, all the information regarding who I am/was, and burn it in front of me, made me realize the infection is not the problem, people are. People will survive this; however, all it will cost is their humanity. Many people still retain it, that I understand. My new cause is to ensure people remain people, to not forget who they are and what they have done. To move past  corruption and rejoin the world as functioning members of society once the infection has ceased. Anarchy, you are the exact embodiment of what is wrong. A bunch of thugs running around with military equipment in a group with very clear structure. I have news for you, if you are a part of a group with a code of conduct or... "laws" you are not anarchists, you yourselves are a government, which is very redundant and hypocritical when you think about it. I am one to forgive, but I do not forget. I will be expecting an apology and I intend to get it, one way or another. You messed with a SEAL, does not matter how hard you try to strip my identity and life, that is who I am, a soldier, a Captain, a SEAL. Remember that. Sincerely, CAPTAIN Braden Armstrong

Braden's eyes, feeling very heavy with exhaustion, skim over the letter. He smiles to himself. "Good enough," he says. He lights a match and burns the letter. Then he clicks off the gas light.

Edited by Monkeysniffer

Are you going to send this letter to one of us ICly? 

Wait. You are a Marine, a Seal AND a Captain? I'd very much like to know how you can be all three of those things at once.

Navy Seals are individual commandos in the navy but many come from the marine core. Captain is a rank

5 hours ago, Hex said:

Wait. You are a Marine, a Seal AND a Captain? I'd very much like to know how you can be all three of those things at once.

Navy Seals are individual commandos in the navy but many come from the marine core. Captain is a rank

7 hours ago, LouieRP said:

Are you going to send this letter to one of us ICly? 

Probably not, my character will probably just burn it.

Edited by Monkeysniffer

23 minutes ago, Monkeysniffer said:

wot. The Navy operates completely separately from the Marines, unless you are speaking of a country that isn't the United States. The USMC has MARSOC and Force Reconnaissance. Seals are selected from the Navy. Also it's Corps, not core.

Edited by Zero

And people get upset with me when I suggest we require a bit more realism...

Was a good read regardless.

You are a Marine and a SEAL? 

Who came to save America? and the world?!

Image result for your my hero gif

Good read ?

Marines work with the US Navy
as do SEALs.
but you cant be both at the same time (I believe)
a quick google tells me this:

"The United States Marine Corps (USMC), also referred to as the United States Marines, is a branch of the United States Armed Forces responsible for conducting amphibious operations[11] with the United States Navy."

also whenever people dont capitalise "SEAL" i just imagine 
Image result for navy seal funny

3 minutes ago, Genji said:

also whenever people dont capitalise "SEAL" i just imagine 
Image result for navy seal funny

B-but those seals are russian 

1 minute ago, Prince said:

B-but those seals are russian 

Image result for run away gif

-snip- 

Yeah, buddy, ngl, really not sure how your both. Maybe do some research before you claim to be something ICly? I mean you have two actual military m8s on this thread that I'm sure would help you come up with something believable.

No marine is a seal, all seals come from the navy. You'll also need to fix your rank as well. If you're a seal, no captain would be deployed to an area that isnt secure (cant think of the right word). Seal captains are pretty much the equivalent to a general in regard to their responsibility.

10 hours ago, Monkeysniffer said:

Navy Seals are not Individual Commandos, they work on a team nearly 100% of the time. They do indeed come from the Navy, and just because Marines are a department of the Navy, does not mean a current Marine cant enroll in BUDs to become a Seal. Captain is a rank indeed, you got one out of three right, however the Navy uses rank differently and their importance varies in comparison to say, the Marines equivalent. 

As literally everyone else has already corrected you, I'll just do it because I'm the point who pointed it out. As a current US Marine, I am the first person to call bullshit on people like this because its fun to see who actually checked shit versus just piling together important titles to sound important. 

Please do more research before you come up with some crazy shit.

Edited by Hex

9 hours ago, Zero said:

wot. The Navy operates completely separately from the Marines, unless you are speaking of a country that isn't the United States. The USMC has MARSOC and Force Reconnaissance. Seals are selected from the Navy. Also it's Corps, not core.

I am rewriting my backstory, give it a second alright. I got this.

2 minutes ago, Hex said:

Navy Seals are not Individual Commandos, they work on a team nearly 100% of the time. They do indeed come from the Navy, and just because Marines are a department of the Navy, does not mean a current Marine cant enroll in BUDs to become a Seal. Captain is a rank indeed, you got one out of three right.

As literally everyone else has already corrected you, I'll just do it because I'm the point who pointed it out. As a current US Marine, I am the first person to call bullshit on people like this because its fun to see who actually checked shit versus just piling together important titles to sound important. 

Please do more research before you come up with some crazy shit.

*applies salt to the wounds*

6 hours ago, Centurion said:

No marine is a seal, all seals come from the navy. You'll also need to fix your rank as well. If you're a seal, no captain would be deployed to an area that isnt secure (cant think of the right word). Seal captains are pretty much the equivalent to a general in regard to their responsibility.

Seal teams are lead by captains

8 hours ago, Monkeysniffer said:

Seal teams are lead by captains

Teams can be lead by captains, yes, but they are generally lead by an O-5 and they are VERY rarely deployed to the front lines during operations. Most likely a Operations officer, O-2 or O-3, would be the highest ranking officer "on the ground". You also have to remember that Navy SEAL captains are rare. It's the highest rank a member of the teams can get and would take an extremely long service to even have the chance.

Just be a simple chernarussian farmer turned John Wick, that's always the answer ?

Sign in to follow this