Server time (UTC): 2020-10-31, 04:18 HALLOWEEN SALE
Sign in to follow this  
Memory could not be read error

Pretty much same issue others have posted about but their fixes haven't worked for me so I'm hoping someone might have another idea.

3634314eeff6c3ac2d23389c87e764d2.png 

I get this error about 10-15 seconds after booting up the game, I've tried swapping which hard drive its on, rebooting my computer, disabling just about everything running in the background, verifying files and a full reinstall and still nothing. 

Edit: I am useing windows 7 

Edited by Karma

2 minutes ago, Whitename said:

Unless im reading that wrong thats a windows 10 thing? I probably should have mentioned but im still useing windows 7 (and am not buying 10 just to fix this)

2 minutes ago, Karma said:

Unless im reading that wrong thats a windows 10 thing? I probably should have mentioned but im still useing windows 7 (and am not buying 10 just to fix this)

Open up the Start Menu and type "about", pull up "About your PC", and post a screenshot pl0x

Im assumeing this is what you mean?

aa77058f2880b71a935456d168bd8751.png

Click the little blue link there "Get more features with a new etc etc" and upgrade that bad boy. Always gotta start with outdated OS as a cause...

Edited by Whitename

3c6a049aad80feb8bc062eea32cf7b6d.png

I just get this when I click it, Also I dont think thats the case as I was able to play mostly fine yesterday yet today im having the issue.

Also as a side note, it boots up fine if I change it to the stresstest beta, Im able to edit settings fine there. But I cant access the server when I swap back it still gives me the same issues.

I seem to recall people having issues when they log out with a backpack in their hands...

Hello Karma,

I would advice you try activating the stress test version, and then going into an offline game, let it load you in and then run around for a minute (Just to make sure). Then reactivate the normal stable version of dayz that dayzrp server is using.

I and my friend had very similar errors giving us that wouldnt let us start the game, and what o described above got it to work.

@Whitename could have been me as i made a troubleshoot for that reason.

6 hours ago, Whitename said:

I seem to recall people having issues when they log out with a backpack in their hands...

Yeah I did log out with a bag in my hands

4 hours ago, Limpan said:

Hello Karma,

I would advice you try activating the stress test version, and then going into an offline game, let it load you in and then run around for a minute (Just to make sure). Then reactivate the normal stable version of dayz that dayzrp server is using.

I and my friend had very similar errors giving us that wouldnt let us start the game, and what o described above got it to work.

@Whitename could have been me as i made a troubleshoot for that reason.

I will try that now and see if it changes anything

Okay so, I managed to fix it.

I use windows 7 so anyone useing something else might not be able to do it the same way but basically I had to go to

Control panel > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced > Click settings under Performance > Click change under Virtual Memory and change that to the recommended amount rather than letting my system chose what its set to.

That seems to have fixed it for the time being at least.

57 minutes ago, Karma said:

Okay so, I managed to fix it.

I use windows 7 so anyone useing something else might not be able to do it the same way but basically I had to go to

Control panel > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced > Click settings under Performance > Click change under Virtual Memory and change that to the recommended amount rather than letting my system chose what its set to.

That seems to have fixed it for the time being at least.

Karma! You said you tried every solution >.> I recommended that in another post >.>

@Whitename in the future try suggesting people todo what limpan said, its fixed it for many people who have errors like this. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 5/21/2018 at 11:20 AM, Limpan said:

3 hours ago, dimitri said:

@Whitename in the future try suggesting people todo what limpan said, its fixed it for many people who have errors like this. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

got it, thanks dimitri! ? glad this got resolved