Server time (UTC): 2020-10-28, 03:15
Sign in to follow this  
Razareth

Zone Rentals for Groups

I've been reading the forums as of late and can't help, but notice that there is a void in expectation for what a group is and should be.

Now a lot of it stims from the recent rules implemented towards gear and hostility.

So, I thought of something and this is more a discussion, but also a suggestion.

Allow an group that has given enough "Lore" to exist and has been approved, the ability to rent an zone on the map.

For example: Anarchy would rent the zone of Novy. The renting would be for hostility and PvP. Meaning once you enter the Zone you are at the mercy of Anarchy.

For the other side of the scale. Lets say the Capax Infiniti rents Polkovo Military Base zone. The renting would be more in line towards providing help. So while they are there people can't attack them. Basically representing a sort of Safe Zone.

We can even go as far as renting an Event Zone. Where the individual or group would lay out the clear rules for winning and losing.

Now I'm sure you are aware that I said renting. With this, what I would aim for is that a group would setup a forum page about the zone. This is where people would get information about your group and what to expect within the zone. After a week or more. A review would be done. To see if the group fulfilled their requirements. If not the zone will be taken from them.

This is a rather crude and basic idea still. It would require some new group rules, etc.

However I'm interested what people think. Would you support such a plan? Do you think it's too invading on your rights to RP as you see fit. Is this a way to go to get more fear back into DayZ.

I feel it would for the simple reason once such a renting plan has been put in place. You as the Community Member are in control. You knew the zone was a PvP one and just have to accept the risk.

6 minutes ago, Razareth said:

If not the zone will be taken from them.

Who's gonna enforce that on an IC level tho?

Let's use anarchy as an example again, biggest, baddest boys on the server - running things with an iron fist. Their rented area idea thing doesn't meet the requirements and they've got Novy taken off them. What's actually stopping them IC from leaving the area or forcing the rules on the area IC anyway?

I feel like this is kinda un-needed, and will only lead to further issues. Having OOC protection over areas is only going to confuse people and cause more problems. I say we let people define their own areas through IC actions, anarchy managed it in Novy before they archived. The hospital tried to declare Pavlovo military base as a safe zone, but if your group isn't strong enough to defend it, there should be any OOC rules blocking people from contesting your groups authority over the area.

I honestly think that the idea is too invading on RP. I think that areas should be controlled by RP not 'renting'.

Edited by MingTou

No.

Nothing OOC should permit how people act in certain areas of the map, the rules are restrictive enough without this.
Not only that, people already don't like losing to the point they keep their characters alive after dying 100's of times, you think people will wanna lose territories they're able to call their own with their own rules? Not a fucking chance.

As if we need more rules in this place, lmao.

Edited by Mexi

9 minutes ago, Stannis said:

Who's gonna enforce that on an IC level tho?

Let's use anarchy as an example again, biggest, baddest boys on the server - running things with an iron fist. Their rented area idea thing doesn't meet the requirements and they've got Novy taken off them. What's actually stopping them IC from leaving the area or forcing the rules on the area IC anyway?

I feel like this is kinda un-needed, and will only lead to further issues. Having OOC protection over areas is only going to confuse people and cause more problems. I say we let people define their own areas through IC actions, anarchy managed it in Novy before they archived. The hospital tried to declare Pavlovo military base as a safe zone, but if your group isn't strong enough to defend it, there should be any OOC rules blocking people from contesting your groups authority over the area.

Nobody would take the zone physically away. The only difference would be that if the zone is taken away Anarchy wouldn't have the freedom that comes with a Hostile Zone. So they will be subjected to normal DayZRP rules.

Lol what.

This is a prime example of what the server does not need, more OOC enforcement of shit that doesnt need to be enforced on an OOC level. We already have these magical rules that protect me from blasting people from a mile away, rules to keep me from killing someone who pisses me offf but because I dont say some magic words, I cant do anything mean to them. We got rules about talking to each other, rules for who my friends can be and rules for who my friends can shoot if someone says some mean things to me. I'm fucking tired of OOC shit fucking with the IC dynamic. The set rules are fine, I can accept them because without them, this place would be fucking chaos. This proposed idea is nothing new, groups can and have claimed area's in game, but they do it all IG with little to no support from rules. However settlements are the exception to that naturally, however those are not in a great sport currently. 

big ol' -1 from me

I don’t think the server needs this at all -1

If you want to control territory then go get it. You don’t need OOC backing to help you keep territory, that responsibility should be on whoever owns it yknow?

-1 too restrictive, let it all happen IC and if you want something push yourselves to keep it.

Been done before and it simply didn't work.

I love the idea in theory, but in practice, no. 

Theres No way to have the zones work without magically enforcing the zone laws. It not only makes no sense IC but I can see the report section now. 

"He wasnt in the zone."

"Yes I was. :("

-1 from me. This would be So hard to make it work. 

A -1 from me. It's not needed and won't solve anything. It's been tried before with this and it didn't work at all. Looks good on paper but the execution of it is usually poorly done.

I thought anarchy already did that?

600px-ChernarusPlus_Satellite.jpg

f7008bd046fd3e7cd6b7f9968de394a6.png

Plus one if I get to collect the rent

simply, no.
all rule armor being placed on specific zones is very impeding on RP freedom. 

10 minutes ago, N-Tox said:

simply, no.
all rule armor being placed on specific zones is very impeding on PvP freedom. 

Fixed that for you 

Nah, tbh as much as i love pvp id hate KOS zones more than Hostility-Free zones.

Edited by Dan

1 minute ago, Roland said:

Fixed that for you 

yes, and no, it would problematic to the freedom of all RP. An area with rule armor preventing PVP would stagnate the RP quickly, and the with the opposite it would leave out the entire option of peace keeping and lead to basically PVP with more steps.

Renting zones for hostility so people know where to avoid?

Yeah its a no from me, I like to go about the map and explore, not be restricted to one spot.

Why have specific RP zone's, that are enforced by OOC rules, when you have specific zone's, enforced by IC rules?

Novy worked well. Why? Because Anarchy was VERY good at taking care of business if trouble came to town.

If it's IC, let it stay IC. We've got too many rule shields as is

7 hours ago, Mexi said:

No.

Nothing OOC should permit how people act in certain areas of the map, the rules are restrictive enough without this.
Not only that, people already don't like losing to the point they keep their characters alive after dying 100's of times, you think people will wanna lose territories they're able to call their own with their own rules? Not a fucking chance.

As if we need more rules in this place, lmao.

+1+1+1+1

It would be cool if in the future we had a big military base you couldn't really go in but might try and attack and steal loot or you could get captured. They have that in a game similar to DayZ and player cooperation basically makes it possible.

Personally I'd like this but think it would only work on a case by case basis of why. I went through lore to try to take steps to actually have a protected area and have a reason WHY it would that way, that made sense. It just did not get final approval. 

6 hours ago, Major said:

It would be cool if in the future we had a big military base you couldn't really go in but might try and attack and steal loot or you could get captured. They have that in a game similar to DayZ and player cooperation basically makes it possible.

Something like this might be cool, if there was no serious rule restrictions that some players would hunt for in areas that have been proposed, such as 'no being a meanie' etc.

-1 for me as this will effect the RP of many trying to worry about where to go or not go IC. I think this would be too restrictive and I just don't see a need for it. 

-1 dawg. If you mean renting like with real money, it just seems like a way for more unnecessary reports to pop up and cause more drama. Also as some people said above, it will be almost impossible to enforce on an IC level.