Server time (UTC): 2019-07-19, 21:45
Sign in to follow this  
Roland

Battlefield V

Battlefield V has been officially announced and the reveal with details about the game will be shown in a live stream on May 23rd. Below is the YouTube stream that will host it.

What do you think BFV will be about? Here are a few rumors and guesses that I have heard about on the Internet:

• V stands for Vietnam, duh.
  • V is just roman number for 5, continuing the regular number of games after BF4, with BF One being a special snowflake. This would be boring.
  • V is for Victory, a classic WW2 slogan - here we go again
  • V is for Victorian (era), bringing cavalry, sword fighting and other 19th century combat tactics
  • The bright blue and red (typical of Battlefield series, yet much brighter blue this time) may suggest a futuristic theme, like Battlefield 2142 had.
  • The bright blue and reflections on the background look like water/underwater, a more naval focused game with ships, carriers, submarines?

Let the conspiracy theories begin.

Fingers crossed the netcode is sorted within the first year for this next one.

5 minutes ago, Roland said:
  • V is just roman number for 5, continuing the regular number of games after BF4, with BF One being a special snowflake. This would be boring.

boring, but correct imo! BF1 went back into WWI but im guessing BFV will progress the main timeline

Edited by Whitename

2 minutes ago, Mexi said:

Woah, woah, slow down. This is EA we're talking about, there's no way they will let DICE complete the game properly and not fill it to the brim with microtransactions and loot boxes.

1 minute ago, Roland said:

Woah, woah, slow down. This is EA we're talking about, there's no way they will let DICE complete the game properly and not fill it to the brim with microtransactions and loot boxes.

This is why Runescape is still at the top of the table for any game.

Gotta work for your shit and rely on RNG, I mean.. I'll still buy it because it's battlefield..?

2 minutes ago, Roland said:

If BFV has Battlefront levels of lootboxes im not buying

BFV is probably gonna be a Vietnam game like you said, but who knows - hard line was a big leap away from conventional warfare that the battlefield stick to. 

I'm hoping its gonna be something based in the 80-90's cold war, eastern bloc esque game (still got a boner from arma 2 sorry)

Hoping vietnam in all honesty, but also I hate games that dont show a lot of diversity in weapon customization. I wasnt a fan of BF1 mainly cuz I couldnt customize anything and it felt too simple, if it was Vietnam it probably would be the same thing. Vietnam would be a cool story line, cool fighting environments and all that. 

I'm personally not so sure about Vietnam, for example there has been a Battlefield-like game based in Vietnam - Rising Storm 2: Vietnam released just last year and it failed to gain mainstream traction despite being fairly good and realistic. It has in fact less active players than DayZ and that says something. I think they will go with futuristic theme.

1 minute ago, Roland said:

It has in fact less active players than DayZ and that says something

dayzrp is responsible for half of DayZ's playerbase tbh

also yeah i bet its just the fifth battlefield in the main timeline

battlefield 5 bad company???!?! 

I can for sure see another 2142, but I hope it's nothing like CoD's attempts at futuristic stuff. 

I guess we can just hope for the best.

6 minutes ago, Roland said:

I'm personally not so sure about Vietnam, for example there has been a Battlefield-like game based in Vietnam - Rising Storm 2: Vietnam released just last year and it failed to gain mainstream traction despite being fairly good and realistic. It has in fact less active players than DayZ and that says something. I think they will go with futuristic theme.

they also just came out with an older war game, I highly doubt they will go for round two. Maybe futuristic, or maybe not. Time will tell.

Anything past ww1 and I'm okay with it. Miss me with that horseback single shot shit that was in BF1. Veitnam would be cool and I have faith that they could make it better than rising storm was (game thuroughly disappointed me I refunded it the first day it was out).

V for Venezuela. Daddy Trump swoops in and knocks out Maduro. Duh.

I would honestly like a battlefield game based upon operation Barbarossa . I don't think it will...but the Nazi push and the Soviet retaliation could be so interesting and have some great level design....especially in starlingrad.

Sigh I want bad company 3 so bad. The battlefield franchise is selling and yeah I hope they do a wonderful game. It's EA so I don't have the highest expecation.

spb2cKV.png

one of my friends on facebook ?

Edited by Stannis

7 hours ago, Mexi said:

Tbh the netcode in BF3 wasn't great but it was a fucking great game, still preferred it to 4 in almost every way.

With BFV, no idea. Vietnam war isn't a bad shout.

I hope it's something more modern. I still play BF3/4 with a clan to this day, BF1 was quite a departure due to the difference in tech. 

This is what I want:

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Stannis said:

spb2cKV.png

one of my friends on facebook ?

i dont believe that for a second lmao

3 hours ago, Whitename said:

i dont believe that for a second lmao

I believe it since I was the one who got replied to by them. ?

Edited by Clarence