Server time (UTC): 2020-10-28, 22:31
Sign in to follow this  
Shazzzam

Question about hostilities.

Staff question, I don't want blind guesses.

Alright, so if I say that I'm roleplaying as a hitman, I role play with someone how I get hired, I find my target which I must kill and provide role play (no instant KOS or anything), may I execute him at the end of the provided role play or I am not allowed to execute him simply because I role play as a contract killer, regardless if sufficient role play was provided or not?

Your question is basically asking whether you can walk around our execution right rules just due to the character your roleplaying as. The answer is no. You are still subject to our rules there is no way around it. If you wish to kill someone after roleplaying with them, you will need to get their permission just as you do in any other situation. You also need to follow these rules:

Spoiler

7052d41ffd97e0278ce93c31ade74932.thumb.png.0f3739145d55929e18c3c6ac73190190.png

Fair enough. Another thing though. May I use me being a hitman and having someone as my target a reason to drag him into hostile RP, initiating on him, since I have IC reasons to do so (being hired to murder him) or does that go as "You can't initiate on someone cause your character is this and that" etc, even after role play has been provided before the initiation, that lead to the initiation.

2 minutes ago, Shazzzam said:

Fair enough. Another thing though. May I use me being a hitman and having someone as my target a reason to drag him into hostile RP, initiating on him, since I have IC reasons to do so (being hired to murder him) or does that go as "You can't initiate on someone cause your character is this and that" etc, even after role play has been provided before the initiation, that lead to the initiation.

These initiation reasons are obviously situation to situation, but I can link you this:

Spoiler
  • 6.2 You may not use character or group story as a universal reason to initiate hostilities with other players. For example, role playing a bandit, murderer or crazy person does not grant you explicit rights to attack other players by itself, there must be other circumstances, previous history between the players or role play that leads to a situation where being hostile is warranted.

Your story for being a hit man in itself cant be the only reason your initiating on someone. There must be a story behind it, a reason, and obviously player interaction before all of this happens.

4 minutes ago, Brady said:

These initiation reasons are obviously situation to situation, but I can link you this:

Reveal hidden contents
  • 6.2 You may not use character or group story as a universal reason to initiate hostilities with other players. For example, role playing a bandit, murderer or crazy person does not grant you explicit rights to attack other players by itself, there must be other circumstances, previous history between the players or role play that leads to a situation where being hostile is warranted.

Your story for being a hit man in itself cant be the only reason your initiating on someone. There must be a story behind it, a reason, and obviously player interaction before all of this happens.

But wouldn't the information/mission from the contractor allow him to initiate on the person? Given that he confronts the person and confirms his identity/has a chat to do so?

Being a hitman isn't the reason, but getting a contract would be deemed a reason, no?

1 minute ago, CaliforniaRP said:

But wouldn't the information/mission from the contractor allow him to initiate on the person? Given that he confronts the person and confirms his identity/has a chat to do so?

Being a hitman isn't the reason, but getting a contract would be deemed a reason, no?

Basically I need to have a word with my target before an initiation, obviously. And maybe not even once, but a few times and getting 100% accurate ID on him, from him. Then there could be some betrayal-type of role play where I need to hold him "hostage" or something and still ask him for permission if I can kill him, although that contradicts some rules.

8.1 Killing another player must always be justified with role play.

Where as we have the justification already. If we use common sense - not killing him due to the other rules, even if role play justifies it and leads to it, would be rule play and the motto here is supposed to be roleplay over ruleplay. I don't know, I just gave up finding a sensible pattern in the rules.

21 minutes ago, CaliforniaRP said:

Yeah that is reasonable, but what im trying to say is killing someone due to being a hitman is not ok. Yes committing the hostile actions due to having a contract against someone is good, as long as it leads to more roleplay and has roleplay involved. Killing someone just because someone asked you too is not ok, and would be considered a rule break. Not sure if that makes sense or if im explaining it right but let me know if theres anymore questions.

8 hours ago, CaliforniaRP said:

Would be, but anyone can give and claim to give a contract on anyone, which would be an universal way to gain hostility rights - "just say you're a hitman and someone gave you a contract". Therefore these types of characters (psychopaths, murderers, hitmans etc) can't use their RP and IC knowledge that would normally make sense as means of bypassing the rules, this kind of RP is restricted to prevent abuse.

If they agree to being executed you could, yeah.

10 hours ago, Roland said:

Would be, but anyone can give and claim to give a contract on anyone, which would be an universal way to gain hostility rights - "just say you're a hitman and someone gave you a contract". Therefore these types of characters (psychopaths, murderers, hitmans etc) can't use their RP and IC knowledge that would normally make sense as means of bypassing the rules, this kind of RP is restricted to prevent abuse.

But what if you can properly prove it; say; with a contract(PM'd) that you had arranged in-game.

*Hands contract*

//Check your PM's for it

And just have an IC-contract PM'd to you, that, in-game, you have already agreed upon.

I get you make the rule's to prevent those who abuse to to do so, but that truly put's down the rest of the bunch b/c of some bad apples.

If I were to get reported for invalid initiation, and I posted in the report the contract, have the contract-giver post a PoV, and prove hard evidence that I was contracted to do so, would I get banned for invalid initiation?

11 minutes ago, CaliforniaRP said:

But what if you can properly prove it; say; with a contract(PM'd) that you had arranged in-game.

*Hands contract*

//Check your PM's for it

And just have an IC-contract PM'd to you, that, in-game, you have already agreed upon.

I get you make the rule's to prevent those who abuse to to do so, but that truly put's down the rest of the bunch b/c of some bad apples.

If I were to get reported for invalid initiation, and I posted in the report the contract, have the contract-giver post a PoV, and prove hard evidence that I was contracted to do so, would I get banned for invalid initiation?

Of course you would, like I just said anyone can make up a contract for any reason. It doesn't matter if you have proof of it being made, the fact that it is made in itself is illegitimate. You cannot bypass the rules by doing *hands contract* or sending a PM. NOTHING bypasses the rules.

1 minute ago, Roland said:

Of course you would, like I just said anyone can make up a contract for any reason. It doesn't matter if you have proof of it being made, the fact that it is made in itself is illegitimate. You cannot bypass the rules by doing *hands contract* or sending a PM. NOTHING bypasses the rules.

091117_gif_bearded_fan_med.gif

But you would still be able to roleplay out that there /is/ a contract, yes? Even if it doesn't justify initiation rights?

1 minute ago, CaliforniaRP said:

But you would still be able to roleplay out that there /is/ a contract, yes? Even if it doesn't justify initiation rights?

Of course.

Bump, question for @Roland. Got around this issue by having the contract for something else, like wearing a dress for 2 days. If they refuse, get forceful, initiate if necessary. Would this still be allowed per new initiation rules?