Server time: 2019-03-25, 21:01 WE ARE RECRUITING
BSJasonGames

In Game Radio Interactions.

Ever had an interaction with the in game radio/Walkie Talkie? Describe it here!

Never, other than tests with friends. I have tried a couple times to no avail to just reach people.

Someone was playing a trap-remix version of "ALL STAR" by Smashmouth at 3:00 A.M. (PST) one time.

That is honestly my only notable experience I can recall. 

One of my first times on an RP server, I was scrolling through random frequencies and ended up finding someone on the radio. We had a short conversation and she ended up telling me to go to Novo as it was a safe space. In the morning, I began the long trek from Cherno to Novo and ran into a man named Sam on the way up. He traveled with me up to the shipwreck. We were looking for supplies when a group of people came up and held us up. They talked with us for a while and I recognized one as the woman on the radio from the night before. We continued to talk (with our hands tied) and (cutting out some shit) they ended up executing Sam. Eventually they let me go and I ran into the woods. I ended up running into a group of militia who I convinced to help me. They gave me some equipment and we went back up to novo and retaliated on the group. We killed all of them except the woman who we held up, tortured, and killed.

Tempted to make that character and keep those memories. huh.

I usually tend to switch on the game radio in game to check if anyone is on it. Sometimes I get some great roleplay from it. One time a guy was sitting in altar and playing music. I made my way there and we sat down and had a nice experience.

Back in 2015 SZPR used ingame walkies talkies almost all the time. Was fun for others to hear our dank military chatter when they met us. 

On the previous community I used to play on TS/DS was banned so everyone was forced to use the in-game radios. I hear a lot of complaints from the people in this community about the radios but me and everyone else I know has had very little problems with them. It is a pain in the ass not being able to find battery's etc but it creates a much more realistic experience which I would encourage everyone to try! 

Edited by Svenne

One time I listened to a man preaching on the radio, but then he suddenly cut out. I thought my battery died so I didn't pay attention to it, but later I found out that someone was so irritated by his transmissions that he walked to his location, initiated on him and tortured him. I never heard another worship since then.

Used to use them instead of TS in Lighthouse with @Razareth & @FUNERAL. It was alot more immersive and fun than TS but for firefights and stuff TS is just more usefull. 

I had a 1 min convo with a guy once, that was about it for me, I rarely use them tbh. Id certainly like to more, as I know .63 holds some more features for radio.

Guest Roach

I have had plenty of conversations and interactions using in game radios. Met a lot of people cause of it too. But that is because I actually turn my radio on from time to time and just keep it for a bit until someone hears me talking and responds. But yep, I love it way more but for firefights, I do thinkg you best use the TS since you know your opponents will be using it. Before I brought back our group officially, we only used in game radios and it worked super well. 

Edited by Roach

Once had a shouting match with a guy on an invisible radio that none of us had. Definitely a dayz moment with  @Prince and @HenningRP.

11 hours ago, Dvlinhb said:

Someone was playing a trap-remix version of "ALL STAR" by Smashmouth at 3:00 A.M. (PST) one time.

That is honestly my only notable experience I can recall. 

*COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH*

wasn't me

there was one time like 2 days before lore wipe. guy came into IG radio saying he was deathly injured and was trying to describe his location, because IC he didn’t know where he was. i thought he was back in Cherno, so i doubled back. turns out he was in Elektro, and he ended up dying. ran all the way to Elektro to find is body...

Edited by Whitename

Ah yes, when I first started RP... The first group of people I associated myself with used IG radio, was actually fun! Can't remember what city we were in but one guy said to the next day "I'm going to check out what the big deal is over there." Since we all heard shots, when doing so we heard him on the IG radio saying everything is clear, etc. Was fun, I would like to have scenarios like that happen again, it made RP more interesting.

When I first joined DayZRP, I found a radio and a battery in a house in electro.  I turned it on and a guy was screaming "TAKING FIRE, TAKING FIRE" and gun shots were echoing threw his mic

Edited by Puncture

Just now, Puncture said:

When I first joined DayZRP, I found a radio and a battery in a house in electro.  I turned it on and a guy was screaming "TAKING FIRE, TAKING FIRE" and gun shots were echoing threw his mic

That's amazing, I laughed a bit too much at that than I should have... 

ive had a few
heard a guy on the radio once saying that he was surrounded by wolves and up in a tower wouldve gone to help but he didnt know where he was

also talked with some lady on the radio once

Late 2016 I believe, I picked up a radio and there were two men talking trying to figure out where they were so they could meet up. Little did they know I was listening to them and when they met up in kabanino I believe I was watching them the entire time.

Tbh I've had funny/good encounters through the radio before lore wipe and just at the start. I kind of wish people still did it but nowadays everyone just talks on TeamSpeak as radios I guess.

I remeber old lore when there was a radio station ingame and a group who played music and stuff which was awsome cuz u could ask them to play songs and stuff. Then one day someone decided to blast drama alert intros through the radio. Just turned it on to listen to some music someone else had choosen for once and maybe find a new song, but instead get a "WHAAAAAAAAAAT IS UPPPPPP DRAMA ALERT NATION, I AM YOUR HOST KILLER KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR. LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETS GEEEEEEEEEEEEET ROOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIGHT INTO THE NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" nonstop untill i turned off the radio.

10/10 radio rp