Server time: 2017-08-20, 17:19

Sign in to follow this  
Larsson

BattlEye: Global Ban #81cd

Larsson    0

Did anybody else just get randomly global banned?

I got banned this morning apparantely, since after I installed the new BattlEye client. Is there any info on this?

I haven't used any scripts or hacks, so I don't understand why this has happened to me.

Larsson    0

BattlEye support is freakin' abysmal. I've never encountered a worse support than this before, mayhaps the exception of EA. I have no idea what to do about this. >_

The new battleye update has made them able to detect alot more hacks, like the ones that run in firefox. They also detect other cheat engines, that are not actually for arma and will ban you for them also.

Either you got banned for that, or like me and my friends who have been banned without once hacking, someone may have stole your key. This usually occurs when you either download a hack off youtube, or in our case we believe it was a dodgy dayztakistan file we downloaded.

Either way you won't get unbanned by BE unless they falsley banned you for no reason. If you key has been stolen BE say its your fault and will not unban that key.

You have two choices, you can wait and see if BE unban you, or you can buy another OA key and use that to be able to play again, however you will lose your character.

Larsson    0

I haven't been using any hacks though. And I did download DayZ Takistan, but that was some time ago. It's my luck as usual, of course.

I'll wait a week, see if I get a response from BattlEye. If not, I think I will lay down DayZ for a while; these kinds of things are very disheartening.

Thank you for your help, Fyodor!

Vik    0

If you are global banned. That means you used hacks doesnt matter if you dont hacked on RP 1. Also it could be that your account was hacked and your account was stolen and sold to cheaters all over the world. BE flagged your account and you will global banned with the next banwave. In that case you can send a support mail to BE and with a bit of luck your account will be unbanned.

Sadly, as BE state on their support section games, if you key has been stolen and hackers have used it whilst hacking, the account will NOT be unbanned. They say its your fault for compromising your key, as it is quite hard to guess a valid key.

Fortunately you will only need to get a new Operation Arrowhead key, as your orginal arma 2 is not banned. To make sure you don't compromise the security of your key only download files from trusted sources, which is something you should learn before downloading anything from the internet :)

Larsson    0

I'm not a complete moron. I don't download files willy-nilly from dodgy sites. I don't use hacks or scripts either, hence why I am currently so pissed off at BattlEye.

Anyways, don't expect me to return anytime soon. I barely have enough money to get by as it is, so DayZ will have to wait unfortunetaly. :(