Server time (UTC): 2020-10-22, 23:19
Sign in to follow this  
VodkaWolf

The Protectors of Midgard

721935996_transparent-square-tiles(8).png.cf4d1ed142025a43c7386840d4e0420e.png

Spoiler

UZBLHy5XzOiyM1K627d2eLJCoAgsMEVrTb7FWku1Sw2fyhQIw-y9R7cpnljGlf0S3Yy1ndtnQnWHkmjECtL4skMP3sK-o7eWBHFKkoQzlXA7RaKq3BhPkfROTy6MgBkzPuXKBK6Y

2108650881_lore(1).png.cf55c1b01f6a3869634c3f62eed39d24.png

Written by: VodkaWolf

My mission was destined on me when I first stepped foot in this country. Immediately I could see that this country and this world had turned foul from Loki's mischievous ways

Fire had already puts it’s mark on me in my youth, my own parents having been taken by the unforgiving but unbiased power of the flames. I did not know then that their death was the gods channeling their infinite power onto me. We believe that fire was given to us, but it was never meant for us to control, fire is the messenger of the Gods.

From my youth I worked to become a man of medicine, to give, not to take, but if fire has taught me anything. It’s that you have to take and give to truly become unbiased.

When I first started working in Chernarus, I worked as a man of medicine, not yet haven realized my destiny, but soon it became apparent.

My wife had died, and the world had plunged into Chaos. This was Ragnarök.

Odin had not yet claimed enough warriors to Valhalla to fight the Infinite evil of the Wolf Fenris and the snake of Midgard. The foul infection and disease wrought upon this land is a test, and anyone who falls under it’s control is already lost. This is what I realized.

I had to gather whoever was left, not yet corrupted by this foul disease. To create a gathering of strong men and women to stand up against Ragnarök, if we could not fight for Valhalla we shall fight for Midgård.

From that moment of realization I set on a quest.

I searched far and wide, to find people who could help me cleanse this world of the corruption of Loki and his deceptive ways.

Soon I had found strong believers of the Gods, people who understood the Gods messenger and was not foolish enough to question it. And from that day forward, we set out to protect what the Gods once gave us. To protect this world. To protect Midgård.

THgSzqNdmkbr9NVwTdOPzzWC1C4wIgpTGLx1L5sVY7hv3nco5YTdMgaDpfIlyOaU8xlSEXtJ8Z8XHFzAvlWAdyQoUKTJ2Fds-51P72TUBUW37cMRXsruNf8lxpY-8i582_Wb4IKg

Some say the gods gave us fire to warm us, some say it was to cleanse the world of it's filth. We believe in the latter.

For too long this world has been tainted by infection and disease, corruption and betrayal. We will make sure to wipe such things off of this world, so it can return to the balance it once was in.

It was a dark april day when I received my markings,  from that day forward it was clear to me that this world was lost. Odin had put me on this world for one purpose, and that is to stop people like them. To show them the wrath of what the gods had provided us. To cleanse them.

We want more to understand our cause and to join us.

Our goal is not to kill people, we do not wish to harm innocent people.

Only people who have not accepted the authority of fire shall be convinced of its greatness.

We can assure that our safe residence shall not be corrupt, it shall not be fearful and ruled with an iron fist.

We want the will of the people to be our main concern.

We believe much like our pagan ancestors that any individual can become what their heart desires. We do not believe in using others to strengthen your own cause, only your own will can forge you into what you desire.

Fire, is such a simple thing.

It provides and it takes, it does not hold grudges or have prejudices.

It simply, destroys what dares come close, and question it's authority.

My mission on this world, provided by Odin, shown to me like the thunder above. My path has been guided by Thor, it is to convince anyone who questions the Authority of the god's gift to us.

Fire.

509121005_goals(1).png.db783a6274749c956a3782fef930ab83.png

IC:

- Cleanse the world of infection and disease (Seen as the ultimate end goal of the group) (day 370)

- Save the cleansed population from uncleansed threats (protect from infected and individuals with poisoned hearts) (day 370)

- Prove the Authority of fire to anyone who questions it. (Protect their belief in Pagan gods through the power of fire) (Indefinite)

- Create a safe location for us to practice our beliefs (Day 340)

- Cleanse said location of unruly individuals and infected persons (Day 340)

- Preach the truth of the Pagan belief system onto our members and people around us (Indefinite)

OOC:

- Set up an RP hub

- Provide a sense of security over said RP hub through democracy

- Provide interesting and unique RP through the use of fire in both normal RP and TextRP

f72870774a4e158db75875a60d147bbd.thumb.gif.75f68ef08bba6ba052429adc7732e754.gif  505645508_roster(1).png.2bb09325fa10c66e8b31633e75e23ce4.png220px-Aegishjalmr_svg.png.afc9228234df9930a3cdef50bd5b236a.png

@VodkaWolf - Jarl

@Zeeorc - Nobleman

@Perfidus - Karl

(All graphics made by me, Lore written by me and dopeness implemented by me)

Submit your application with this format:

Name:

Character page:

RP experience:

Why you want to join:

Previous groups (if any):

Do you consider yourself a hostile RPer? If yes, why?

Do you consider yourself a friendly RPer? If yes, why?

Edited by VodkaWolf

looks good

Could use some more work doe

Oh shit, always hoped someone could make a cleaners type group in dayzrp, good luck 

Edited by Wyoming

Looks like a heavy WIP to me. Your lore is far too short and your goals aren't really anything fresh/new or specific to your group.

17 minutes ago, VodkaWolf said:

- Cleanse the world of infection and disease

- Save the cleansed population from uncleansed threats

- Prove the Authority of fire to anyone who questions it

The is near to impossible, you cannot cleanse the world as a small group - you could attempt to but there are billions of people in the world. This is close to impossible.

This seems a bit generic.

What does this even mean?

Hm, best of luck with this. Out of curiosity: How do you want to clean the world of infection IG?

Edited by Malet

I would say that the lore is quite short but I'm sure you will add more, good luck! 

Umm, isn't this literally just?

maxresdefault.jpg

1 minute ago, Kain said:

Umm, isn't this literally just?

-snip-

c5789d710ad0f443840c82d506dd36f4.png

/Archived as this is a heavy WIP.

Please sort the Lore, Roster and Goals before unarchiving, then PM a mod+ to Get it re-opened.

4 minutes ago, Mademoiselle said:

The is near to impossible, you cannot cleanse the world as a small group - you could attempt to but there are billions of people in the world. This is close to impossible.

This seems a bit generic.

What does this even mean?

Yes, It is near impossible, but the goal of this cult, much like the goal for believers of Pagan gods to prepare for Ragnarök. Yes, it's far-fetched, but it's supposed to make the group seem more "Culty"

Yes, it is, but, its still our goal.

the goal is to prove the authority of fire, by burning/cleansing people who questioning it. Perhaps i should make it more clear, but like i said earlier, i wanted it to seem like it's written by a cult-y "end of days" type of guy. With big fancy words written like a bible-esc manifesto.

/Unarchived as requested by OP

Please update the thread! Good luck!

Looks a lot better now! 

Ivar is going to have some fun ?

On 5/12/2018 at 11:38 PM, Malet said:

Hm, best of luck with this. Out of curiosity: How do you want to clean the world of infection IG?

We’re going to kill infected and burn their bodies in mass graves 

Because I'm a sucker for this sort of thing I do have some suggestions:

If you want to have one of the founders liken himself to Odin with Mimir's well, there is a sacrifice of the self (Similar but distinct from the sacrifice Odin made upon Yggdrasil to learn the meaning of runes) in order to drink the water of Mimir's well and be given knowledge. A very easy way to correlate this into a character's story is to have them lose something (Odin gave an eye as a pledge and sacrifice) that could lead them into a sort of religious awakening. A near-death experience that resulted in this physical loss, no matter what it is, and which could arguably even be the loss of someone close, someone that was unable to be defended, who tried to help only to be killed, could easily be seen as a similar loss of something instrumental in everyday survival. 

The other thing I would do is revamp it to say that Ragnarok isn't coming, it's already come. Thor and Jormungandr wrestle, Odin struggles with Fenrir, and humans, whether chosen and returning from Valhalla, or those simply left upon the world in the wake of it beginning, are left to deal with the "armies of the dead" said to come with Loki when he breaks his imprisonment, riding upon Naglfar with the Jotun Hrym. The end times are now, and even if you aren't an einherjar it's your duty to fight, it could even be the thought of the person that the people who are left in the world are the einherjar, and that perhaps the understanding of the eddas was not as complete as one might think.

The symbol is interesting, but I would think, depending on how you go about it, it could be seen as odd simply because Fenrir is more of a recognizable figure in Norse mythology than Odin's wolves Freki and Geri (Who I'm assuming are the inspiration). If I were going to suggest something different, however, I might go with the traditional Aegishjalmur (Helm of Awe), or Vegvisir (the Runic Compass) either as the whole of the symbol itself, or as a basis/backdrop to what you might want to put over it. Mjolnir is a popular choice as well particularly if you want it to be something more devoted to Odin.

The only sticking point with me is the introduction and focus on fire, which I can't recall off the top of my head being tied in too deeply to any of the AEsir or even the Vanir, even if we only really see remnants of them in Frey and Freyja. Fire, Muspellheimr, it all rings a lot closer to Surtr, who's supposed to come in when everything is finished and sort of wipe the slate so that the gods that escape can start a new world, but if you're going to have this be something that focuses on, essentially, being part of Ragnarok and the warriors for the AEsir in place of the einherjar, whether it's believed literally or figuratively, the fire motif serve better if it's toned down and not made into such a central theme. That's not to say you can't include it, or the idea of mass graves and zombie killing, I just don't think it would fit very well into the idea of such a group stylistically, but it's not like you can't put your own flair on it.

Looking at what you have, I would put the focus more on the tenacity and stalwart nature of humanity. We're survivors, warriors, we make up the chosen of the AEsir to go to battle with them in Ragnarok, and if we're at war with the undead, it should be something unifying among everyone. There are bound to be squabbles, but actually putting up a "Kill the zombies, not each other" initiative with this Norse flavor makes for an interesting sort of PvE group, and then there's all the fun you get to have in the drinking and retelling of tales like one might expect in a Jarl's longhouse.

It's got potential, and it's an idea that I find appealing, so I hope you do work on it and make it something great, with or without taking my ideas into consideration though. Good luck.

5 hours ago, Mace said:

-snip-

Thank you so much for this, I needed someone to come in and tell me how some things actually are supposed to be done according to the eddas, so I truly appreciate you taking time to write this. 

I will definitely read through this more thoroughly and fix what I can when I have time, as I’m rather busy right now. 

But thanks dude, I’ll take a look at this tonight.

Give me a shout if Tyr needs his hand biting off... ?

Looking pretty cool so far though. Although I'd maybe skip the whole setting up a RP hub thing, I don't see having a defined location ending well.

Its just too easy to fabricate or instigate a reason to attack such a theme/group I personally think you'l last longer staying on the road and interacting with survivors/groups that way. Maybe having a couple of private locations for residence and religious purposes.

But anyway good luck to ya. I do like me some Norse Mythology ?

Edited by Fenrir

ARCHIVED/ - Group idea has been up for a week and hasn't met the group member requirement.

As stated in the group rules: A group must have a minimum of 5 members.

Once you have gotten the Roster sorted out please PM a mod+ to Get it re-opened.