Server time (UTC): 2020-10-20, 14:21
Sign in to follow this  
Mexi

Question for Admins

One for the Admins

So, I put up a thread in an attempt to revert/ change two rules which in a lot of peoples eyes has prohibited a fair amount of RP, especially 6.2.

Thread:

For some reason, my poll is broken and I've been told it's due to something happening with the site, but when will it be fixed because clearly with the overwhelming number voting for a revert or change to the current rules it shows what the community would like back, Dan's post with statistics shows that the number is rather large in comparison compared to those who want to keep it how it is currently. The big man put in another thread that he would love if the community was able to make votes/ polls on what they would like to bring in and or keep and here we are, voting for what we want changed, but it has been ignored.

Question 1. When will my thread be fixed so people can continue to vote and support the idea of reverting to previous rules.

Question 2. Will you be taking into account the sheer number of people, taking into consideration @Dan's statistics when having your lovely meeting about the rule reverting?

Question 3. Will there even be a talk/ meeting even though the vast majority of the ACTIVE community would like to revert to how it was previously?

Question 4. I'd love a reply from Rolle on this comment, could you ask him to give it a peek? Thanks.

Question 5. Why, when there were such overwhelming odds has this been shoved aside and not even considered? Seeing as this is quite an important discussion it seems odd to me that only Rolle and I think Oliv commented on this from the Admin section of the team. You should all be getting involved with these discussions on the potential changes within the community.

Once these questions have been answered and I don't have any further questions, I'll choose which one I approve of.
Again, this is for ADMINS and perhaps GM's. None of what I have put here is towards other community members, or ranks below GM because it's information you wouldn't know. tyty.

Edited by Mexi

Hi @Mexi,

Regarding Question 1:

I had a look at your poll and voted myself, from what I can see it counted the vote fine, perhaps you could have a look on your end? If there is still an issue could you perhaps elaborate via PM on what isn't working exactly?

Thanks.

d8c708a84d12caacc5f4775362e271b9.png
 @Harvey

Not fixed for the OP and a fair few members of the community that were asking as to why they don't have permission, which leads me to believe it's just an attempt to sweep it under the rug.

Tin foil hat is out.

Edited by Mexi

1. Like Harvey said the poll looks fine to me I didn’t vote because I didn’t read the thread, but I did check who did and there’s about 150 total so it’s working as far as I can tell.

2. We always take into account what the community wants and what we think is best for it even though sometimes those aren't the same thing. I can’t comment on if I think these two things are one in the same because....well read above.

3. No meeting is planned at the current moment but that can easily change with a thread in the staff forums.

4. Best way to get Rolle to look at something is simply @ him  so @Rolle

5. I wasn’t even aware of it so I can’t really say. But it seems this isn’t  really so much a question as much as it’s a general complaint because we didn’t read and comment on your thread. I personally don’t check the suggestion section of the forums that much or as often as I should. So if you want my personal opinion on something it’s better to just pm me and I’ll throw a comment out on the thread when I have the time.

Now, if you want to ask the admins something we have a thread for that and it’s pinned so it isn’t hard to find. 

Also, no one is trying to sweep anything under the rug, drop the attitude here’s the proof that it’s working from what we can see:

65E98DC7-664D-4E59-85EC-55AB03C268B3.png

Edited by Harvey
Fixing Ark's grammar -_-

30 minutes ago, Ark said:

Now if you want to ask the admins something we have a thread for that and it’s pinned so it isn’t hard to find. 

Also no ones trying to sweep anything under the rug drop the attitude here’s the proof that it’s working from what we can see.

I put it here as GM's don't generally reply in that section and wasn't sure if they knew anything of rule changes coming in etc. as discussions were had about topics in GM section of slack regularly during the time I was there.

I provided my reasoning as to why I thought so, with a screenshot. I have no attitude, more confusion than anything.. So I'll drop the confusion and await more responses. Cheers.

Edited by Mexi

27 minutes ago, Mexi said:

I put it here as GM's don't generally reply in that section and wasn't sure if they knew anything of rule changes coming in etc. as discussions were had about topics in GM section of slack regularly during the time I was there.

I provided my reasoning as to why I thought so, with a screenshot. I have no attitude, more confusion.. So I'll drop the confusion and await more responses. Cheers.

Understandable, that being said  I have wanted a meeting of some sort to hash out somethings. So when I get home I’ll make a thread. 

Yep, I see it, too. Near two thirds of the votes being in favor of reverting speaks volumes.

I have a question in return: Did we need a thread to discuss a thread? Seems like we probably could have just contained this all to there...

5 minutes ago, Oliv said:

I have a question in return: Did we need a thread to discuss a thread? Seems like we probably could have just contained this all to there...

Could have contained it to there but it seems you all lost interest so this was posted to reignite just that, and seeing as staff members are noticing it, it seems to have done the job.

Just now, Mexi said:

Could have contained it to there but it seems you all lost interest so this was posted to reignite just that, and seeing as staff members are noticing it, it seems to have done the job.

an @Oliv works, and it's more efficient. Job done either way, now I can ignore this for a few more weeks (insert old troll face here)

2 hours ago, Mexi said:

Question 3. Will there even be a talk/ meeting even though the vast majority of the ACTIVE community would like to revert to how it was previously?

In the works currently. Thread will go up in announcements with details hopefully within the next couple of days. 

Question 1: I voted with the test account in the poll (on my biased option ?) and it worked just fine. What do you mean people can't vote in the poll?

Question 4: I have never blindly followed poll results to make decisions and don't think will start now. If your question is if I am aware that over 130 members voted to reverse the rule changes in one way or another - yes I am aware and I was fully expecting that outcome when I changed the rules. People are afraid to leave their comfort zones so they will always vote on things that make things easy for them, put them in advantage or are already familiar. Everyone hates change.